• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

#NeverTrump Is Dead, And Now We Have No Choice But To Vote For Him

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Well, I guess it’s all over. I held the line for as long as I could, but now it looks like Donald Trump is going to be the Republican nominee. It’s never fun to admit that defiance is futile, but it’s time for me to make amends. It’s time to build bridges. It’s time to reach out to all my Trump-supporting brothers and sisters. Here’s why I’m going back on my word and voting for Donald Trump in November, and why you should too

Nope!

Get this through your thick skulls, Trumpkins: #NeverTrump doesn’t mean #MaybeTrump. It doesn’t mean #NeverTrumpUnlessCruzDropsOut. It means just what it says. #NeverTrump.

#NeverTrump Is Dead, And Now We Have No Choice But To Vote For Him

There is always a choice that does NOT require anyone to vote for Trump.

Vote Third Party!!!

There is always a choice that does NOT require anyone to vote for Trump.

Vote Third Party!!!

I was wondering Las night if this is THE opportunity for those currently disgusted to join forces and vote strongly enough for a single third party candidate that enough votes could be cast to force admission of a third party.

That wouldn't be a wasted vote.

And we'd still have our self respect!

The choice is simply this:

Either vote for Trump or waste your vote and allow Hillary Clinton to become the next President of the United States.

That's what it all boils down to. :shrug:

Untrue. The #never Trump bunch are still alive and well and they include many of the GOP leadership, would be hilarious if the only people to show up at the convention are the Trumpbots. You can vote for Him, or Her, or someone else, or no one at all, life is always full of choices.

Maybe you should have read the spoiler text...

Either vote for Trump or waste your vote and allow Hillary Clinton to become the next President of the United States.

Actually that is also untrue. Your vote is not going to put her in office or keep her out the Electoral college decides that and she already has 237 to 191 lead from the starting line, the donald has to win a minimum of 79 of the remaining 110 votes to win the Whitehouse, not going to happen.

Maybe you should have read the spoiler text...

I never do, I consider that a form of cheating, hence I simply post what I think of what was actually posted.

Actually that is also untrue. Your vote is not going to put her in office or keep her out the Electoral college decides that and she already has 237 to 191 lead from the starting line, the donald has to win a minimum of 79 of the remaining 110 votes to win the Whitehouse, not going to happen.

Ummm....No.

It's funny how people have "predicted" electoral votes well before any election has even occurred.

It was also funny how people predicted Trump would never win the GOP nomination.

What's that old saying? Oh yeah...never count your chickens before they hatch. :coffeepap:

Ummm....No.

It's funny how people have "predicted" electoral votes well before any election has even occurred.

It was also funny how people predicted Trump would never win the GOP nomination.

What's that old saying? Oh yeah...never count your chickens before they hatch. :coffeepap:

Well you are right about one thing, Trump will be laying an egg in November. It would be fun to watch except that the result is Hillary Clinton as President of the United States of America. Oh well, you can lay the blame right where it belongs, at the feet of the Republicans that were dumb enough to fall for the sales pitch of a Democrat wearing Republican clothing. I never thought Conservatives were as dumb as some claimed, but as we can all see there is least a percentage of Cons that are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

This is the same lame argument as always.

And people wonder how we've ended up with Trump vs. Clinton. :roll:

Voting for a party/candidate you despise is the only true "wasted vote".

"Either blindly vote for an establishment candidate, even if they don't represent your beliefs in any way, shape, or form, or your vote is wasted."

You and people who believe like you are what's wrong with our country and its political system. The two major parties have astronomically low approval rates yet continue to possess 99.9% of the power.

Nothing says democracy better like telling people that if they don't vote for who they're told to vote for their votes don't count. What does that leave?

Good luck, but I am still struggling to see how Trump can pivot enough to gain support from the very groups he would need to keep Hillary out of office. Every single time I mess with electoral count predictions thinking about the social and government pulse of the nation I cannot find a path for Trump to obtain 270. The best I can come up with is 240 for Trump, but it laughably means handing him several States that are unlikely to even get Trump to 240 (like North Carolina, Florida, and New Mexico.) I cannot think of conditions well enough for Trump to obtain enough of the demographic of key States.

It means going back on #nevertrump is damn near irrelevant for the GOP. The best the party can do now is focus on key seats to hold onto the Senate, and keep control into the next 115th Congress.

Nominating Trump basically concedes the race for the White House.

I will never, repeat, NEVER vote for Trump. Ever. I want #NeverTrump on my ****ing headstone.

The people who voted for this clown in the primaries own him. I reject him. "He isn't Hillary" is hardly a compelling reason to cast a vote for him.

I will never, repeat, NEVER vote for Trump. Ever. I want #NeverTrump on my ****ing headstone.

The people who voted for this clown in the primaries own him. I reject him. "He isn't Hillary" is hardly a compelling reason to cast a vote for him.
Exactly. Especially considering the fact that they are both dog**** candidates.

"Either blindly vote for an establishment candidate, even if they don't represent your beliefs in any way, shape, or form, or your vote is wasted."

You and people who believe like you are what's wrong with our country and its political system. The two major parties have astronomically low approval rates yet continue to possess 99.9% of the power.

Not true in a an essentially two-party system like we have in the USA.

Voting for a third party candidate may give one a sense of righteousness in our system by indicating "neither" as a vote and letting the winner know they don't have a mandate...and I have done that myself when faced with GOP/DEM candidates I didn't like but considered relatively harmless. Still, that hasn't stopped a winner from proceeding with their agendas yet, has it?

So when it comes to picking between the lesser of two evils (or in my opinion in this campaign between an evil "Clinton" and a possible good "Trump") voting third party is a waste of your vote.

In all honestly I would love to see a multiparty-system simply because such a system advances compromise rather than our current either/or partisanship. Since that is not the current case and I don't see it changing in the near future, my point about wasting a vote stands.

You ARE selecting one or the other of these two candidates whether you vote third party or commit your vote to Clinton or Trump.

BTW Rabid...ad homs are never a winning argument. :coffeepap:

Last edited:

:shrug: why should I care if Trump or Hillary wins?

I mean, am I supposed to worry that Hillary Clinton will have an inept foreign policy, fueled by dangerous ignorance about how the world works? Perhaps I should vote for Trump because otherwise Hillary will seek to restrict our First or Second Amendment Rights? Maybe I should switch to back Trump because Hillary would raise taxes and push for universal health care. Perhaps I'm supposed to vote for Trump because otherwise Hillary might pass Amnesty, support Crony Capitalism, and pursue destructive economic policies?

What, exactly, am I supposed to be voting for when you want me to vote for that moral cretin, that foul man, that disgusting demagogue degrading our body politic?

mockery.jpg

This isn't a case of a lesser of two evils - it's just two evils. If anything, Hillary Clinton, as awful as she is, will be less destructive than Donald Trump. At least Hillary will face a unified opposition in the GOP - Donald will be free to run rampant, and is no less a liberal authoritarian than she is.

Last edited:
Not true in a an essentially two-party system like we have in the USA.

Voting for a third party candidate may give one a sense of righteousness in our system by indicating "neither" as a vote and letting the winner know they don't have a mandate...and I have done that myself when faced with GOP/DEM candidates I didn't like but considered relatively harmless. Still, that hasn't stopped a winner from proceeding with their agendas yet, has it?

So when it comes to picking between the lesser of two evils (or in my opinion in this campaign between an evil "Clinton" and a possible good "Trump") voting third party is a waste of your vote.

In all honestly I would love to see a multiparty-system simply because such a system advances compromise rather than our current either/or partisanship. Since that is not the current case and I don't see it changing in the near future, my point about wasting a vote stands.

You ARE selecting one or the other of these two candidates whether you vote third party or commit your vote to Clinton or Trump.

BTW Rabid...ad homs are never a winning argument. :coffeepap:

:) Well, then, by the same math, by not voting for Hillary Clinton, I am voting for Trump, so you're welcome :)

:shrug: why should I care if Trump or Hillary wins?

I mean, am I supposed to worry that Hillary Clinton will have an inept foreign policy, fueled by dangerous ignorance about how the world works? Perhaps I should vote for Trump because otherwise Hillary will seek to restrict our First or Second Amendment Rights? Maybe I should switch to back Trump because Hillary would raise taxes and push for universal health care. Perhaps I'm supposed to vote for Trump because otherwise Hillary might pass Amnesty, support Crony Capitalism, and pursue destructive economic policies?

What, exactly, am I supposed to be voting for when you want me to vote for that moral cretin, that foul man, that disgusting demagogue degrading our body politic?

Hillary Clinton, as awful as she is, will be less destructive than Donald Trump. At least Hillary will face a unified opposition in the GOP - Donald will be free to run rampant, and is no less a liberal authoritarian than she is.

Umm...NO!

The Democrats will not support his policies in Congress, and many Republican's won't either unless they are considered in line with Republican policy. That means Trump WON'T "run rampant." He will either be reined in or get nothing accomplished.

On the other hand Hillary will have the full support of the Democrats in Congress and also some crossover Republicans as usual. That's because she is the mother of cronyism...which is why she has been granted the support of the Party from the start.

So the choice is between a man who at worst might be a harmless buffoon but might actually make some worthwhile changes and a political hack with a hidden agenda that could really effect harmful change.

There's going to be a post-2016. And in the post-2016, "Where Did You Stand on Donald Trump" is going to be a key dividing line that we use to assuage a GOP politico's wisdom and character.

Most depressing election of my lifetime. How in the hell did these 2 idiots end up as the candidates?
Exactly. Trump and Hillary are the worst presidential candidates to prop up in while, and they're so horrible they've scored historic unfavorable ratings. More than half of the country views Hillary and Trump as completely terrible candidates for President.

Trump has a 24% approval rating, compared to 57% of voters who view him in a negative light.

Hillary is not too far off with a 31% favorable rating, with 52% of voters in disapproval.

Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings - CNNPolitics.com

But seriously, this is seriously the worst ****ing presidential election ever. I can't believe that the DNC and the GOP are vying these terrible choices as the nominees for President. No matter who wins the 2016 election, we all lose, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if this election turns out with near historic lows for voters, because so many people are dissatisfied with the choices this election cycle. And honestly, I'm getting tired of playing the lesser of two evils game every election cycle.

:) Well, then, by the same math, by not voting for Hillary Clinton, I am voting for Trump, so you're welcome :)

Fine...one can hope that enough #neverHillary Sanders supporter votes will balance out votes like yours. :shrug:

Umm...NO!

The Democrats will not support his policies in Congress, and many Republican's won't either unless they are considered in line with Republican policy

:lamo

Your argument comes down to depending on Congressional Republicans to stand so firm in defense of conservative principle that they will take on their own party's President?

:lol:

That means Trump WON'T "run rampant." He will either be reined in or get nothing accomplished.

On the other hand Hillary will have the full support of the Democrats in Congress and also some crossover Republicans as usual.

:lol: Oh! But Trump, oh he won't. Democrats hate the idea of Universal Health Care. Why, they're completely opposed to raising the minimum wage. Amnesty? They can't stand the notion. Democrats loathe Corporatism, Higher Taxes on upper income earners, and restricting the Second Amendment. They will be absolutely furious with the idea that we shouldn't reform entitlements, but should instead add to them, and raise taxes to pay for it - why, it goes against everything they stand for.

Meanwhile, Republicans are principled ideologues, with spines of steel. :)

Man. I don't know what kind of drugs you've been on for the past decade and a half or so, but I bet that **** is expensive :)

Back
Top Bottom