• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Never Trump. Never Biden. The Progressive Case for Voting Third Party or Boycotting the Election

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Never Trump. Never Biden. The Progressive Case for Voting Third Party or Boycotting the Election - Rasmussen Reports(R)

Front and center in the raging debate between liberals and progressives over whether they should support Joe Biden or opt out of the two-party trap by voting third party or not at all is the assumption that Biden would do less harm both to the world and to American leftism than Donald Trump.

Even many hardcore Bernie-or-Busters accept the premise that Biden wouldn't be as bad as Trump. They believe the additional damage that would result from a second Trump administration is an acceptable price for teaching the Democratic National Committee a lesson and building a progressive movement.

But Biden doesn't win the harm mitigation sweepstakes.[/QUOTE]

It is interesting to see people believing in these things many of which, IMO, they will grow out off.

I find liberalized immigration fascinating. For those who want a right and just America, how do you get better wages with an influx of low income competitors. That helps businesses keep wages down and prices low, (as well as their tax burden). Great for them, but the effect on you as an individual is a lot like the effect of China on the US as a nation - the money only flows one way.

The only thing going on here is an attempt to syphon off Biden voters by Trumpistas.

yup

transparent

Not a good day for dumb **** trump, running with his garbled diarrhea of the Mouth.

Good to hear that Big Pharma won't ruin their grip on America with a phony October surprise.
Anti-vaxxers who support trump won't be taking ANY vaccines as time goes on.

Biden is a short-term band-aid on a very long-term problem.

Never Trump. Never Biden. The Progressive Case for Voting Third Party or Boycotting the Election - Rasmussen Reports(R)

Front and center in the raging debate between liberals and progressives over whether they should support Joe Biden or opt out of the two-party trap by voting third party or not at all is the assumption that Biden would do less harm both to the world and to American leftism than Donald Trump.

Even many hardcore Bernie-or-Busters accept the premise that Biden wouldn't be as bad as Trump. They believe the additional damage that would result from a second Trump administration is an acceptable price for teaching the Democratic National Committee a lesson and building a progressive movement.

But Biden doesn't win the harm mitigation sweepstakes.

It is interesting to see people believing in these things many of which, IMO, they will grow out off.

I find liberalized immigration fascinating. For those who want a right and just America, how do you get better wages with an influx of low income competitors. That helps businesses keep wages down and prices low, (as well as their tax burden). Great for them, but the effect on you as an individual is a lot like the effect of China on the US as a nation - the money only flows one way.

Yes, I'm sure you'd like it if people told themselves they were super-principled for not voting for either, thereby abdicating their greater duty to the country as citizens, and thus helped inflict another four years of Trump disaster on this country. I'm sure you would.

I hope their numbers are small.

A conservative promoting third party votes by progressives. I smell desperation and defeat...

I have said from the beginning I am voting for the Green Party. It's slate of candidates is rape allegation free.

Forget right and just. You should want the situation that makes the most people the best off. Worrying about jobs will always give you the wrong answer.

Consider the healthcare mess, which is mostly caused by high labor costs, due to labor cartels like the AMA, government-granted monopolies, unions, and other special interest groups. If we opened the gates, and let in as many foreign doctors and nurses as would be willing to come, the cost of healthcare would drop like a stone, and health insurance would once again be affordable. We'd make 330 million Americans much, much better off, at the trivial cost of lowering the salaries of the 4 million doctors and nurses in the US who are currently grossly overpaid.

That's the trade-off: Let 4 million people continue to receive compensation far above the true market rate, or make healthcare affordable for 330 million people. I don't see how anyone can take the side of the 4 million.

Forget right and just. You should want the situation that makes the most people the best off. Worrying about jobs will always give you the wrong answer.

Consider the healthcare mess, which is mostly caused by high labor costs, due to labor cartels like the AMA, government-granted monopolies, unions, and other special interest groups. If we opened the gates, and let in as many foreign doctors and nurses as would be willing to come, the cost of healthcare would drop like a stone, and health insurance would once again be affordable. We'd make 330 million Americans much, much better off, at the trivial cost of lowering the salaries of the 4 million doctors and nurses in the US who are currently grossly overpaid.

That's the trade-off: Let 4 million people continue to receive compensation far above the true market rate, or make healthcare affordable for 330 million people. I don't see how anyone can take the side of the 4 million.

Did you ever think that a LOT of doctors are paying so much for insurance that it isn't funny?
I had a good friend that was a surgeon and I going back about 30 years he was paying over 250,000 dollars a year for ins.
so maybe we should be looking into the insurance companies and large Drug companies
why is it that the people in the US pay a LOT more for drugs
a lot of them were developed here with help from our tax dollars
Have a nice day

I have said from the beginning I am voting for the Green Party. It's slate of candidates is rape allegation free.

Dzhill Stein was and is a Ru$$ian agent, no matter who follows her. Traitor Manafort wrote the US foreign policy for Ru$$ia.

A conservative promoting third party votes by progressives. I smell desperation and defeat...
I do too--yours.

Did you ever think that a LOT of doctors are paying so much for insurance that it isn't funny?
I had a good friend that was a surgeon and I going back about 30 years he was paying over 250,000 dollars a year for ins. so maybe we should be looking into the insurance companies and large Drug companies why is it that the people in the US pay a LOT more for drugs a lot of them were developed here with help from our tax dollars Have a nice day
Why go after the insurance companies? Go after the lawyers. They are the ones that make malpractice and liability insurance for doctors and drug companies necessary.

Thank you in advance for Trump.

I highly encourage the far left to vote third party. After Trump wins they can then go into 2024 claiming the Democratic party just isn't far left enough. If Biden wins then 2024 will be much harder for the far left.

Thank you in advance for Trump.

Not my fault the democrats picked the most unelectable candidate from their stable because he is the most attractive to the Wall Street glue factory donors and he picked the worst two-fer running mate he could find.

I do too--yours.

Why go after the insurance companies? Go after the lawyers. They are the ones that make malpractice and liability insurance for doctors and drug companies necessary.

There is an opening there. We do use a fund to pay damages for immunizations gone wrong, so we could do the same thing with MD’s. Charge back a percentage of each bill into the fund. I doubt doctors enjoy paying that bill every whenever.

Yaay, nothing like a little concern trolling in the morning.

Front and center in the raging debate between liberals and progressives over whether they should support Joe Biden....
Or, there is very little debate. Next....

I find liberalized immigration fascinating. For those who want a right and just America, how do you get better wages with an influx of low income competitors.
Bit of a non-sequitur, but... Here's the thing: There are really only two ways to increase growth. One is to increase productivity, and after decades of technological improvements, that has slowed down significantly. The other way is to increase the population.

When we allow more immigration, the result is more growth. All of those immigrants need housing, food, gas, electricity, clothing, and more. They pay taxes, they start businesses, the list goes on. Even with remittances sent abroad, increased immigration is a net benefit to the economy.

Not to mention that immigrants aren't exclusively poor and uneducated. There are lots of highly educated immigrants who still want to move to the US. Many are required to take lower-wage jobs while they try to get their credentials updated to work in the US.

By the way, lower costs for wages also turn into lower costs for goods and services. Those benefits mostly go to employers, but also go to customers as well, especially those with lower wages, who have to spend almost all of their income on those goods and services. (It's funny how some people take that for granted. Anyway...)

Yes, there will be some competition for low-wage jobs. (It's funny how for some people, nationalism suddenly became more important than the good ol' capitalist concept of competition. Anyway...) But protectionism is not the answer. The correct approach is to provide better education and better job training.

It also seems really, really weird to suggest that free labor markets and lower wages -- something that conservatives have pushed for decades, including decades of attacks on unions -- are not "right and just." Seems awfully convenient, and a bit hypocritical as well. Oh, wait, I forgot. It's only "wrong and unjust" when the people who can get those jobs weren't lucky enough to be born in the US... and have brown skin. Silly me.

Consider the healthcare mess, which is mostly caused by high labor costs, due to labor cartels like the AMA, government-granted monopolies, unions, and other special interest groups.

It is caused by predatory malpractice insurance carriers.

They also have zero chance of winning any major offices.

The left wing is going to vote against Tweety, and that means Biden. Sorry, not sorry.

It is caused by predatory malpractice insurance carriers.

Malpractice is a cost that must be shared by every consumer. The reason medicare for all sounds good, is if a doctor cuts off one Of your testicles when removing a mole, you can write your congressman.

Back
Top Bottom