• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Never too young: Iowa house passes bill to let children of all ages handle guns

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A bill that allows children of all ages to handle guns passed Iowa’s house of representatives on Tuesday.

Approved by a 62-36 vote, the bill permits children under the age of 14 to have “a pistol, revolver or the ammunition” while under parental supervision. The bill will now head to the state senate.
Never too young: Iowa house passes bill to let children of all ages handle guns

Why is such a law even needed. I know at our local gun shops, my son cannot be shown a handgun unless I am there with him. same with long arms before he turned 18.

kids cannot shoot unless they are under adult supervision at the local ranges

what is amazing is 36 voted against it

did they do this because they didn't think adult supervision was required (doubtful) or they are Democrats who want to keep children ignorant about firearms and thus more likely to buy into gun banner idiocy later in life?

Why is such a law even needed. I know at our local gun shops, my son cannot be shown a handgun unless I am there with him. same with long arms before he turned 18.

did they do this because they didn't think adult supervision was required (doubtful) or they are Democrats who want to keep children ignorant about firearms and thus more likely to buy into gun banner idiocy later in life?

The current law has no restrictions on children using long guns or shotguns under their parents’ instruction but prohibits them from using handguns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-iowa-law-passes-children-can-carry-handguns/

Most likely!

Your article is Fear Mongering by the Left. The silly thing is, the Left accuses the NRA of fear mongering, when they do no such thing.

-Many long guns can be 3 times more powerful than a handgun....

-No one is expecting a toddler to shoot any gun.

-I taught all my children to shoot a handgun before they were 7, now all of them are in their 30s and 40s and have never had a mishap with a gun.

Last edited:
I cannot see how anyone is against such a law unless they are a gun banner. the bit about the UZI that the Compost put in there was idiotic

Yes it was....but that's Lefty hyperbole for ya.

A bill that allows children of all ages to handle guns passed Iowa’s house of representatives on Tuesday.

Approved by a 62-36 vote, the bill permits children under the age of 14 to have “a pistol, revolver or the ammunition” while under parental supervision. The bill will now head to the state senate.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...of-all-ages-handle-guns/ar-BBq1kEQ?li=BBnbcA1

Yeah dafuq, even when lived in cali, the extreme anti gun state, children could use and possess firearms with parental supervision.

Back
Top Bottom