• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Never Forget: Emmett Till's birthday is today

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Till was a 14-year-old black youngster who was murdered in Mississippi for whistling at a white woman. His death was a spark that ignited the civil rights movement in America. Two white men were put on trial for killing him, but in spite of strong evidence against them, an all-white jury acquitted them in about an hour.

On Aug. 31, 1955, three days after he had been abducted, Till's mangled body was found by a boy fishing in the Tallahatchie River, not far from Money. A 75-pound fan from a cotton gin was attached to his neck by barbed wire. He had been badly tortured: an eye was detached, an ear cut off, and he appeared to have been shot in the head.

Justice, Delayed But Not Denied - CBS News

Here to Emmett. A boy viciously beaten to death and tortured. Over 60 years has past and although some progress has been made, many black Americans walk in fear still today just for being black.

Here to Emmett. A boy viciously beaten to death and tortured. Over 60 years has past and although some progress has been made, many black Americans walk in fear still today just for being black.

I grew up about 30 miles from where that happened. It's still so damn racist down there - not violently so as in decades past, but the racism is still so strong you can cut it with a knife. That's why I'll never live down there again.

I grew up about 30 miles from where that happened. It's still so damn racist down there - not violently so as in decades past, but the racism is still so strong you can cut it with a knife. That's why I'll never live down there again.

According to some on this forum (actually many) blacks have only themselves to blame and the racism they experience is a figment of their imagination.

According to some on this forum (actually many) blacks have only themselves to blame and the racism they experience is a figment of their imagination.

While you playing the righteous game, here is another interesting gruesome story of two butchered up white kids that got very little national exposure because the media was afraid of backlash.

Click on the crime button on the page and see what happened to these two kids.

Chipman Street

There is still plenty of ugly still going around 60 years later amigo

60 years ago you had a case for the kind of racism you seem to think is prevalent today. Today the vast majority of inequality is self inflicted.

When I joined DP just three years ago, the racism by some of the DP conservatives wasn't so bad...but it's gotten significantly worse in the past year or so.

When I joined DP just three years ago, the racism by some of the DP conservatives wasn't so bad...but it's gotten significantly worse in the past year or so.

The liberals have riled up the blacks with their white guilt agenda, America is racist, etc and now you are dumbfounded as to why its gotten worse ... :screwy

The liberals have riled up the blacks with their white guilt agenda, America is racist, etc and now you are dumbfounded as to why its gotten worse ... :screwy

Yeah, funny how the side that is truly multiracial and multicultural is somehow the racist one...but the one that has almost completely lily-white rallies and conventions (and unasked-for support from Stormfront and the KKK), they're somehow not even a little bit racist....

Yeah, funny how the side that is truly multiracial and multicultural is somehow the racist one...but the one that has almost completely lily-white rallies and conventions (and unasked-for support from Stormfront and the KKK), they're somehow not even a little bit racist....

With friends like Liberals, who needs enemies?

Nearly Half Of Detroit's Adults Are Functionally Illiterate, Report Finds

Blacks 70% of shooting suspects in 2013: NYPD - NY Daily News

I take heart knowing that Emmett Till is with the angels, and the monsters who killed him are burning in hell.

That's almost as silly as equating the racial atmosphere of today with that of 60 years ago.

I have seen VERY LITTLE racism on this forum.

In my experience, the whites who harbor the most racial animosity toward black are pseudo-liberals. They disguise it by pretending their hearts bleed for blacks and masquerading as their pals. But get a couple drinks in one of these fake liberals, and the truth will out.

SOME progress???? You cant be serious. The difference between today and 60 years ago is literally night and day.

The conservatives I've seen who are racists get banned from this board. As a matter of fact, you can find them in the Uninvited Guests list. The conservatives who are regular posters here don't exhibit racist behavior. Are you reporting them when they do?

Racist remarks are against forum rules Glenn. Or have you single handedly redefined racist post to be any and all post that dare disagree with your own ?

The conservatives I've seen who are racists get banned from this board. As a matter of fact, you can find them in the Uninvited Guests list. The conservatives who are regular posters here don't exhibit racist behavior. Are you reporting them when they do?

Yeah, and that's one good thing about DP. There aren't many racists around here.

Racist remarks are against forum rules Glenn. Or have you single handedly redefined racist post to be any and all post that dare disagree with your own ?

Isn't that what Democrats think racism is? Anything that doesn't agree with their view of life? It's also called sexism, classism, abelism, homophobia, etc, etc.

SOME progress???? You cant be serious. The difference between today and 60 years ago is literally night and day.

Nah man, today's just as bad as it was back when Jim Crow was being enforced.

Some progress made? Yes, because 60 years ago everyone would have agreed that a black man can be in the White House, or on the Supreme Court, or governor of a state or US Senator.... 60 years ago there were so many black lawyers, doctors, corporate CEOs, accountants, billionaires.....blacks were never denied for housing and loans, blacks weren't segregated.....

Some progress made? Yes, because 60 years ago everyone would have agreed that a black man can be in the White House, or on the Supreme Court, or governor of a state or US Senator.... 60 years ago there were so many black lawyers, doctors, corporate CEOs, accountants, billionaires.....blacks were never denied for housing and loans, blacks weren't segregated.....

And by the way, this is coming from the guy that said slavery was okay. He thinks slavery was OK, but now he somehow gives a **** about the plight of black people? Give me a break.

And by the way, this is coming from the guy that said slavery was okay. He thinks slavery was OK, but now he somehow gives a **** about the plight of black people? Give me a break.

He thinks cops are shot for good reason, and as a Trump devotee no doubt is anxious to discriminate based on religious observations. But at the same time, he spends every waking hour feeling guilty about blacks in America. I wonder why he isn't supporting the 3rd term of the first black President. Or actually, the 5th term of the first black President seeing as we actually had two first black Presidents.

Back
Top Bottom