• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nevada Voters Complain Of Problems At Polls

Mason66

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Nevada Voters Complain Of Problems At Polls

LAS VEGAS -- Some voters in Boulder City complained on Monday that their ballot had been cast before they went to the polls, raising questions about Clark County's electronic voting machines.

Voter Joyce Ferrara said when they went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, her Democratic opponent, Sen. Harry Reid's name was already checked.

Ferrara said she wasn't alone in her voting experience. She said her husband and several others voting at the same time all had the same thing happen.

"Something's not right," Ferrara said. "One person that's a fluke. Two, that's strange. But several within a five minute period of time -- that's wrong."

Clark County Registrar of Voters Larry Lomax said there is no voter fraud, although the issues do come up because the touch-screens are sensitive. For that reason, a person may not want to have their fingers linger too long on the screen after they make a selection at any time.

"Especially in a community with elderly citizens (they have) difficulty in (casting their) ballot," Lomax said. "Team leaders said there were complaints (and the) race filled in."

At any time, voters can go back on the screen and review their selections. They are also allowed to make changes and encouraged to double-check their ballot on screen and on paper before it is cast.

Lomax said voters need to have faith in the system.

"This election, I think, more than ever," he said. "The two sides are very fractured and each side is suspicious and we're caught in the middle."

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25511115/detail.html

The Clark County Registrar of Voters should have just admitted there was a problem with the machines instead of blaming the people this happened to.

I would like to see this investigated a little more to see if the machines were set up like that.

Something is just not right.

How much you want to bet harry Reid wins because of this **** right here? ****ing douche.

Voter Joyce Ferrara said when they went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, her Democratic opponent, Sen. Harry Reid's name was already checked.

Funny how you missed that she probably lingered to long or forgot to double check her cast ballot. These computerized voting machines are very sensitive to the touch which mean she probably touched the area near Harry Reid's name and thought she had touched the area near Angles. This is why I double check every thing before I cast my vote at the polls.

Funny how you missed that she probably lingered to long or forgot to double check her cast ballot. These computerized voting machines are very sensitive to the touch which mean she probably touched the area near Harry Reid's name and thought she had touched the area near Angles. This is why I double check every thing before I cast my vote at the polls.

I think this is a first.

I agree that this for now is a non issue. Living in Florida I can say with certainty some of the elderly do need a little help with the voting machine.

Funny how you missed where she said it happened to 5 people.

Do you have the same explanation for them too?

I think this is a first.

I agree that this for now is a non issue. Living in Florida I can say with certainty some of the elderly do need a little help with the voting machine.

Where did it say that Joyce Ferrara was elderly?

I suppose they deserve the same respect as the voters that voted for Buchanan on the butterfly ballot in FL in 2000.

Actually, it said...
Clark County Registrar of Voters Larry Lomax said there is no voter fraud, although the issues do come up because the touch-screens are sensitive. For that reason, a person may not want to have their fingers linger too long on the screen after they make a selection at any time.

It was a warning not to linger, not a supposition of what the complainant probably did.

Actually, it said...

It was a warning not to linger, not a supposition of what the complainant probably did.

yeah, but that excuse sounded good enough to quell suspicion for now. I wonder if this Lomax guy is part of the SoS program?

j-mac

ps Oh look, NV is one.....

Mark Ritchie, MN
Kate Brown, OR
Michael Mauro, IA
Ross Miller, NV
Mary Herrara, NM
Natalie Tennant, WVA
Linda McCulloch, MT
Robin Carnahan, MO
Jennifer Brunner, OH

www.redstate.com/ladyimpactohio/201...n-minus-three-the-secretary-of-state-project/

Last edited:

Actually, from the looks of things he is explicating what was going on with the person voting machine, and not just put up a warring as you said he did Whovia.

And may I ask are you a star trek fan Whovia?

I think its a bit of an overreaction to think that if 5 people's votes get messed up on a computer, which are never perfect, immediately begin to suspect a conspiracy theory for voter fraud to re-elected Harry Reid.

I can see it now if Reid wins, it will obviously be because he stole the election. Because there's no way the TP can lose after all its been drummed up to be for the American people.
Of course if Sharon Angle wins, it will be declared proof that the American people are rallying to the TP even if she wins only 51-55% of the vote.
Either way the TP can claim a victory or at the very least deny a loss.

Actually, from the looks of things he is explicating what was going on with the person voting machine, and not just put up a warring as you said he did Whovia.

And may I ask are you a star trek fan Whovia?

I believe his statement could be interpreted in either direction. To each his own.

Yes. I have been a fan of Star Trek since the 4th grade, when I played a game of catch with someone... with a tribble. Met several of TOS cast members at various times too... Walter Koenig is a hoot in person... but Doohan was always my favorite (RIP).

I believe his statement could be interpreted in either direction. To each his own.

Yes. I have been a fan of Star Trek since the 4th grade, when I played a game of catch with someone... with a tribble. Met several of TOS cast members at various times too... Walter Koenig is a hoot in person... but Doohan was always my favorite (RIP).

I tend to agree that it could be interpreted in either direction, and yes this one of these to agree too disagree type things

Cool I am also a fan of star trek the reason I asked was because of your avatar lol. Yes I agree that Doohan is a hoot I love Scotty. Rest in Peace Scotty you will be missed.

Five old people had trouble with computers. Something's afoot!!!!

Who said they were old, and this was only one office.

Show me its states "five old people". If you took the time to go to the story, it shows mostly middle age and young people voting. Not saying these were the ones voting but it sure in the hell didnt show a bunch of old people there.

Last edited:
The only way the GOP can win and election is by a landslide..........If its a close election the democrats will try and steal it whether its the Governors race in Washington where the Republican won on two counts so they kept counting until the dems wons finding ballots in trash cans, or from felons or dead people in Democratic King County........

Show me its states "five old people". If you took the time to go to the story, it shows mostly middle age and young people voting. Not saying these were the ones voting but it sure in the hell didnt show a bunch of old people there.
...this could mean something, isn't it mostly old people that vote in off year elections? Reid might do better than expected...

I heard those some ol farts caused some major accidents on their way home from the polls...

MR+MAGOO+CAR+COLOR+CROP.jpg

I guess the narrative is being cast eh?

j-mac

I think its a bit of an overreaction to think that if 5 people's votes get messed up on a computer, which are never perfect, immediately begin to suspect a conspiracy theory for voter fraud to re-elected Harry Reid.

I can see it now if Reid wins, it will obviously be because he stole the election. Because there's no way the TP can lose after all its been drummed up to be for the American people.
Of course if Sharon Angle wins, it will be declared proof that the American people are rallying to the TP even if she wins only 51-55% of the vote.
Either way the TP can claim a victory or at the very least deny a loss.

There is a legit path to Reid winning, but to be honest it is a long shot, maybe 20 % chance. He needs a large number to vote third party or none of the above. Probably not going to happen.

This bears watching, as any potential for voter fraud should be looked at seriously, but it is way too early to assume fraud, especially with a more likely explanation.

Funny how it is a problem now, but not when Bush and his cronies were on the winning side..

I%27m+watching+you,+Canada.jpg

Don't worry- Hugo's watching for voter fraud for us! Nothing to worry about!

How much you want to bet harry Reid wins because of this **** right here? ****ing douche.

So when Reid wins you're going to claim voter fraud with J-Mac? :lol:

I remember when J-Mac was laughing it up when Bush won and telling those who claimed voter fraud to get over it. My how the shoe can go to the other foot in a heartbeat if it suits partisans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom