• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nevada inmate whose execution was twice called off found dead in cell

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...tion-was-twice-called-found-dead-cell-n955161

Convicted killer Scott Raymond Dozier, 48, declared two years ago that he wanted to die, but his execution was blocked twice.

LAS VEGAS — A twice-convicted murderer who declared two years ago that he wanted to die, but whose execution was postponed twice, was found dead Saturday from an apparent hanging, Nevada state officials said.

Scott Raymond Dozier, 48, was found unresponsive in his death-row cell at the state's maximum-security prison in Ely, Department of Corrections spokeswoman Brooke Santina said.
===========================================
Looks like he got his wish. But I thought they did not allow things in death row that you could kill yourself with.

I think the bigger problem here is pharmaceutical companies dictating criminal justice policy. I think the FDA needs to get involved here

I think the bigger problem here is pharmaceutical companies dictating criminal justice policy. I think the FDA needs to get involved here

Do you think the law should be able to force the pharmaceutical companies to sell to people or institutions they don’t want to? That sounds more progressive than libertarian.

Do you think the law should be able to force the pharmaceutical companies to sell to people or institutions they don’t want to? That sounds more progressive than libertarian.

No, other way around, we should ban all Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement for any product made by companies that refuse to supply death penalty drugs.

No ban on sales, no forced sales, just not subsidize companies that think they’re making money appeasing fringe minority activists

The DOC had already bought the drugs.

The DOC had already bought the drugs.

Oh, then in that case I believe it belongs to the state and the pharmaceutical company should have no say with what they do with it.

Oh, then in that case I believe it belongs to the state and the pharmaceutical company should have no say with what they do with it.

The pharmaceutical company sued to have a say in it's use. That's definitely more progressive than libertarian.

The pharmaceutical company sued to have a say in it's use. That's definitely more progressive than libertarian.

Agreed. I either didn’t know about this being after-the-sell or I misremembered.

No, other way around, we should ban all Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement for any product made by companies that refuse to supply death penalty drugs.

No ban on sales, no forced sales, just not subsidize companies that think they’re making money appeasing fringe minority activists

Yeah that sounds like minimal government intervention in the operation of private industry.

So, how many additional companies would you use choose to use government coercion to produce a drug designed to kill people?

They could use Propofol it worked for Michael Jackson. Seriously there are several anesthesia medications that would humanely put a person asleep then IV potassium would stop the heart.

Back
Top Bottom