• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nevada father kills 5-year-old son over TV show

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A dad is facing murder charges after he allegedly told cops he whipped his son to death because he didn’t approve of the TV show the boy was watching.

Gerald Oglesby, 33, has been charged in the murder of his son, General Sema’j Oglesby, 5.

The child was found dead at approximately 1:30am on March 16, according to reports.

Gerald admitted to beating the child to police, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, stating he whipped the five-year-old repeatedly with an electrical cord. Then, he dealt General a blow to the stomach that proved to be fatal.
=======================================================
No comment on the guy. But I know from experience that electrical cord really hurts. This guy is a proven enemy to all life.

A dad is facing murder charges after he allegedly told cops he whipped his son to death because he didn’t approve of the TV show the boy was watching.

Gerald Oglesby, 33, has been charged in the murder of his son, General Sema’j Oglesby, 5.

The child was found dead at approximately 1:30am on March 16, according to reports.

Gerald admitted to beating the child to police, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, stating he whipped the five-year-old repeatedly with an electrical cord. Then, he dealt General a blow to the stomach that proved to be fatal.
No comment on the guy. But I know from experience that electrical cord really hurts. This guy is a proven enemy to all life.
Charming fellow.

I am sorry for your experienc

I wonder what the significance of this gentlemen is to this monster: Link

From the article:

The 33-year-old was previously arrested and charged with multiple counts of domestic battery and one count of domestic battery by strangulation. He allegedly choked his girlfriend while her children were in the living room of their apartment, according to an arrest report.

A neighbor who lives downstairs from General claims to have heard repeated thumping noises for two hours on the evening of March 15.

Society failed that child. The father was a domestic abuser and had custody? The neighbors heard the beating for TWO HOURS and did nothing?

And now that baby is dead at the hands of this monster.

Who then smoked a joint before calling 911 (in the article)

We are so broken - so incredibly, sadly, broken.

The death penalty was made for men like this, whose very existence is a net negative to the human race.

Unusual he admitted it.

He probably has some form of antisocial personality disorder combined with a low intelligence, i.e. what used to be referred to as being a "sociopath." He is violent, stupid, lacks any empathy and feels no reason to lie about or obfuscate what he had done even for basic self-preservation. The kind of person you read about who would smother his own grandmother to death in her bed for annoying him and then go back to eating his Cheerios and watching Netflix immediately afterwards without a care in the world.

Last edited:
From the article:

The 33-year-old was previously arrested and charged with multiple counts of domestic battery and one count of domestic battery by strangulation. He allegedly choked his girlfriend while her children were in the living room of their apartment, according to an arrest report.

A neighbor who lives downstairs from General claims to have heard repeated thumping noises for two hours on the evening of March 15.

Society failed that child. The father was a domestic abuser and had custody? The neighbors heard the beating for TWO HOURS and did nothing?

And now that baby is dead at the hands of this monster.

Who then smoked a joint before calling 911 (in the article)

We are so broken - so incredibly, sadly, broken.
Yeah, I'll bet the neighbors heard the child screaming, too, but they don't mention that part.

Yeah, I'll bet the neighbors heard the child screaming, too, but they don't mention that part.
Gut-wrenching.

Because you KNOW that child cried and screamed. And the neighbors did nothing.

Thumping for HOURS and did nothing?

Gut-wrenching.

I'm sure they turned up their TV volume to the appropriate level to drown out the noise.

Gut-wrenching.

It happens. And there are assholes like Ted Bundy declaring war on Child Protective for trying to protect a 10 month old.

Back
Top Bottom