• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.apnews.com/c73946deffa54d7db6030e4d906d85e7

NEW YORK (AP) — Television networks airing President Donald Trump’s Oval Office speech on his proposed border wall and the partial government shutdown have also committed to airing the Democratic response to the president.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer say they will make the case themselves. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox broadcasting, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and MSNBC all said they would air the rebuttal.
====================================================
Time to find out where I put the popcorn.

NEW YORK (AP) — Television networks airing President Donald Trump’s Oval Office speech on his proposed border wall and the partial government shutdown have also committed to airing the Democratic response to the president.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer say they will make the case themselves. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox broadcasting, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and MSNBC all said they would air the rebuttal.

I would respond to McConnell's speech: this issue isn't the wall at this juncture, the issue is the shutdown. Dems do not negotiate with hostage takers, so open the government, and we will continue the negotiation, which, by the way, your senate signed a CR bill and was voted on 100 - 0, which you could have used to override Trump's veto, and open the government.

Seems that YOU, Mr McConnell, are the problem.

Good the American people will realize Pelosi and Schumer just hypocrites.

I may have some popcorn after Trump's speech and maybe McConnel's comments (if he makes any). I prefer not to eat around so much bull**** that Trump and McConnel will be spewing.

Pelosi and Schumer better not hold up my tax refund over politics.

The only hypocrites are Trump and McConnell.

Code:
Pelosi and Schumer better not hold up my tax refund over politics.

They won't be, it will be McConnell and Trump holding your tax refunds up over politics.

This whole evening is going to be a train wreak of political stupidity on repeat. There is not enough popcorn in existence for all this, but we might as well make a drinking game of it (I have a new bottle of bourbon to go through anyway.)

I suggest taking a drink for anytime...

Trump says "wall" or "crisis" or "I know more about <whatever> than anyone else or <whoever>."

or...

Pelosi / Schumer says "immoral" or "no crisis" or "no invasion."

Takers?

It's not going to be any big mystery what they will say. Same ****, different time slot.

Say that three times with your eyes squeezed really tightly shut. Maybe you can make it true.

It's not going to be any big mystery what they will say. Same ****, different time slot.

Perhaps it will simply be more resist, resist, resist - but it will be interesting to see what 'deal' Trump offers them.

Code:

They won't be, it will be McConnell and Trump holding your tax refunds up over politics.

Pelosi and Schumer are going to agree for funding to protect our border?

I hope you're right.

Pelosi and Schumer must be very confused? They think this address is the State of the Union and want their rebuttal time. Nancy, Chuck it's not!!
It's a presidential address to discuss a serious ongoing problem at our Southern border.

Stunning that these idiots are opposing securing our Southern border. Just more sanctuary crap from the democrats.
Democrats how about supporting/protecting US citizens over illegal aliens who are breaking our immigration laws?

Pelosi and Schumer must be very confused? They think this address is the State of the Union and want their rebuttal time. Nancy, Chuck it's not!!
It's a presidential address to discuss a serious ongoing problem at our Southern border.

Stunning that these idiots are opposing securing our Southern border. Just more sanctuary crap from the democrats.
Democrats how about supporting/protecting US citizens over illegal aliens who are breaking our immigration laws?

They oppose any negotiations while the govt. is shut. Why do you treat Govt. workers as bargaining chips? They are Americans who deserve to be paid for their work.

Pelosi and Schumer are going to agree for funding to protect our border?

I hope you're right.

Nope, they won't. But it's McConnell (Trump's lapdog) that refuses to even put to a vote anything other than a wall. They at the ones that are going to hold up your refund. BTW, are you having trouble with reading comprehension?

Actually what's stunning is that McConnell won't bring anything to a vote from the house. Seems it is McConnell who is scared of the truth that the senate doesn't want Trump's wall.

What's great is that so many of his claims have already been called into question...and his lies also called out.

So a) his handlers will be writing as much of his speech as possible (knowing he'll ignore what he wants) & praying and b) he'll be feeling the pressure when he spouts off-script to not make false claims and exaggerations and outright lies. He knows the level of scrutiny on every word will be high.

And he knows that Pelosi and Schumer can challenge anything he says immediately after (after fact-checking and all!)

Immediate fact-check.
I wonder if this will change what he says?

Democrats support US citizens more than the President does. They didn't ask for the shutdown. They didn't want it. He did. He obviously cares more about himself than 800,000 US citizens who aren't getting paychecks right now.

Actually what's stunning is that McConnell won't bring anything to a vote from the house. Seems it is McConnell who is scared of the truth that the senate doesn't want Trump's wall.

Why is it that McConnell and Ryan and Trump didn't do anything about this crisis for the last 2 years, while they had a chance?

McConnell, who is a very shrewd politician, knows he is in a bad spot here. He's not stupid.

Why is it that McConnell and Ryan and Trump didn't do anything about this crisis for the last 2 years, while they had a chance?

McConnell, who is a very shrewd politician, knows he is in a bad spot here. He's not stupid.

The GOP are setting themselves up for a hard loss.

He’s been MIA for over a week. Trump duped him on the shutdown and he does not want to face the music.

Back
Top Bottom