• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Networks to air Pelosi, Schumer rebuttal to Trump

I would respond to McConnell's speech: this issue isn't the wall at this juncture, the issue is the shutdown. Dems do not negotiate with hostage takers, so open the government, and we will continue the negotiation, which, by the way, your senate signed a CR bill and was voted on 100 - 0, which you could have used to override Trump's veto, and open the government.

Seems that YOU, Mr McConnell, are the problem.
LOL, I wouldn't trust Schumer or Pelosi on bit. They're refusal to negotiate is just as must to do with keeping the government closed as Trump's.

The networks refused to give President Obama airtime when he wanted to address the nation. They have caved to Trump, and offering a rebuttal is merely a sop to their consciences.

Nope, they won't. But it's McConnell (Trump's lapdog) that refuses to even put to a vote anything other than a wall. They at the ones that are going to hold up your refund. BTW, are you having trouble with reading comprehension?

It really chaps your ass when someone points out Democratic culpability in the shutdown doesn't it?

It's like you'll have an aneurysm if anyone points out the obvious that the shutdown would end right now if Dems gave $5 billion for border security.

*CRYIN"* but it's all Trump's fault!!!

It really chaps your ass when someone points out Democratic culpability in the shutdown doesn't it?

It's like you'll have an aneurysm if anyone points out the obvious that the shutdown would end right now if Dems gave $5 billion for border security.

*CRYIN"* but it's all Trump's fault!!!

Nope Trump owned the shutdown already and McConnell won't put anything from the house to a vote. It chaps your ass that your boy Trump already took the blame and McConnell is Trump's lapdog. Sorry to ruin your lies.

https://www.apnews.com/c73946deffa54d7db6030e4d906d85e7

NEW YORK (AP) — Television networks airing President Donald Trump’s Oval Office speech on his proposed border wall and the partial government shutdown have also committed to airing the Democratic response to the president.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer say they will make the case themselves. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox broadcasting, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and MSNBC all said they would air the rebuttal.
====================================================
Time to find out where I put the popcorn.

I wonder if those affected by the shutdown really give a crap who is right or wrong? Who wins a political battle and who loses a political battle? Who's to blame, who is the good guys and who is the bad guys? Perhaps they're just wondering why in the heck, all these elected officials we sent to Washington can't just work this out?

That this is a battle between hard core ideology, hard core political party loyalist. Perhaps it is battles like this that has caused both parties to lose members and independents to rise from 30% of the total electorate in 2006 to 43% today. Perhaps neither party, neither the leaders of both major parties understand what most Americans want? That somehow they want both parties to work to together for the good of America as a whole. Not just for the good of their political party or of their parties base. Perhaps they want comprise. Perhaps.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Fifty-four percent of Americans want political leaders in Washington to compromise to get things done. This far outpaces the 18% who would prefer that leaders stick to their beliefs even if little gets done, while the views of 28% fall somewhere in between. The gap between compromise and sticking to principles is the widest in Gallup's trend.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/220265/americans-favor-compromise-things-done-washington.aspx

Nope Trump owned the shutdown already and McConnell won't put anything from the house to a vote. It chaps your ass that your boy Trump already took the blame and McConnell is Trump's lapdog. Sorry to ruin your lies.

*shrug*

Anyone with half a brain understands both sides share equal blame and both sides could easily end it with a compromise but people like you are desperate to put this all on Trump because you think some dumbasses might actually believe you.

*shrug*

Anyone with half a brain understands both sides share equal blame and both sides could easily end it with a compromise but people like you are desperate to put this all on Trump because you think some dumbasses might actually believe you.

It’s all on trump because of his own words. I know you so badly want to spin this but facts are facts and this shutdown is on trump alone.

It may be a Netflix night. Not sure I could watch both Trump and Pelosi/Schumer back to back.

What is known is the US has people overstaying their Visa's and entering illegally for various reasons. That needs to be corrected.

It’s all on trump because of his own words. I know you so badly want to spin this but facts are facts and this shutdown is on trump alone.

The smart people heard the words straight from Trump's mouth last month. He wanted this shutdown. He gladly took responsibility for this shutdown. All at the same time as Chuck Schumer was saying that it was not a good idea to shut down the government.

I wonder if those affected by the shutdown really give a crap who is right or wrong? Who wins a political battle and who loses a political battle? Who's to blame, who is the good guys and who is the bad guys? Perhaps they're just wondering why in the heck, all these elected officials we sent to Washington can't just work this out?

That this is a battle between hard core ideology, hard core political party loyalist. Perhaps it is battles like this that has caused both parties to lose members and independents to rise from 30% of the total electorate in 2006 to 43% today. Perhaps neither party, neither the leaders of both major parties understand what most Americans want? That somehow they want both parties to work to together for the good of America as a whole. Not just for the good of their political party or of their parties base. Perhaps they want comprise. Perhaps.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Fifty-four percent of Americans want political leaders in Washington to compromise to get things done. This far outpaces the 18% who would prefer that leaders stick to their beliefs even if little gets done, while the views of 28% fall somewhere in between. The gap between compromise and sticking to principles is the widest in Gallup's trend.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/220265/americans-favor-compromise-things-done-washington.aspx
As I have been saying they need to compromise Pence had a meeting to work on a compromise and Nancy and Chuck didn't even show up. That isn't even trying for a compromise.

The smart people heard the words straight from Trump's mouth last month. He wanted this shutdown. He gladly took responsibility for this shutdown. All at the same time as Chuck Schumer was saying that it was not a good idea to shut down the government.

Yes, and Chuck didn't think the tax cuts were a good idea. What to bet he takes advantage of them.:lamo
It is no longer interesting on how dysfunctional Congress and the President have become in running the country. That was true even before Trump.

It may be a Netflix night. Not sure I could watch both Trump and Pelosi/Schumer back to back.

What is known is the US has people overstaying their Visa's and entering illegally for various reasons. That needs to be corrected.

Greetings, mike2810. :2wave:

Got a good chuckle on your first paragraph! :lamo Agree with your entire post! :thumbs:

https://www.apnews.com/c73946deffa54d7db6030e4d906d85e7

NEW YORK (AP) — Television networks airing President Donald Trump’s Oval Office speech on his proposed border wall and the partial government shutdown have also committed to airing the Democratic response to the president.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer say they will make the case themselves. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox broadcasting, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and MSNBC all said they would air the rebuttal.
====================================================
Time to find out where I put the popcorn.

giphy.gif

Yes, and Chuck didn't think the tax cuts were a good idea. What to bet he takes advantage of them.:lamo
It is no longer interesting on how dysfunctional Congress and the President have become in running the country. That was true even before Trump.

I have no idea what tax cuts have to do with this. You seem to be confused.

This is about Trump and his supporters trying to pin the blame for the shutdown on someone other than him. And the smart people knowing what he said, from his own mouth.

Focusing on the topic is always a good thing to do.

Pelosi and Schumer must be very confused?
Why are you asking?

They think this address is the State of the Union
No, they just know that Trump will be spewing his usual ignorance and bull crap.

It's a presidential address to discuss a serious ongoing problem at our Southern border.
To which a wall is not the answer.

Stunning that these idiots are opposing securing our Southern border.
It is not stunning at all that Trumps low intellect moron supporters believe the crap he spreads.

They oppose any negotiations while the govt. is shut. Why do you treat Govt. workers as bargaining chips? They are Americans who deserve to be paid for their work.
Great deal makers always do so? Maybe? Trump knows best?...

Great deal makers always do so? Maybe? Trump knows best?...

LOL Trump was told from the start that there would be no negotiations about money for the wall while the govt. is shut down. Apparently this shutdown has nothing to do with the money for the wall then. It's nothing but a distraction and Trump has painted himself in a corner. If that sounds like a great deal maker then I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

Greetings, mike2810. :2wave:

Got a good chuckle on your first paragraph! :lamo Agree with your entire post! :thumbs:

Even before the TV coverage, I bet most Americans know what Trump will say and what Pelosi/Schumer will say.
Trump. We need a wall, Drugs, Terrorist and illegals are entering our country. It must be stopped.
Pelosi/Schumer We could use better border security. People coming here are fleeing bad conditions, think of the children. The shutdown is Trumps fault.

Don't care about the two liberal/Demos with their sophomoric babble. They're the main culprits in keeping this shutdown going. By the time they come on I'll turn to Turner Classic.

I have no idea what tax cuts have to do with this. You seem to be confused.

This is about Trump and his supporters trying to pin the blame for the shutdown on someone other than him. And the smart people knowing what he said, from his own mouth.

Focusing on the topic is always a good thing to do.

Not confused one bit. Sorry the tax cut statement when over your head.

I expect the rebuttal will not cover any new ground regarding immigration that they have not already said.

As far as the shutdown. I blame the President and Congress. If Congress would have passed a full year budget on time that the President would sign we would not be having this issue. If Congress would address the illegal immigration issue, we would not be having a shutdown.

Last edited:
Any idiot who does that is delusional.

The nickel head club is trying desperately to place the entire blame on Trump when any rational person can see Democrats are playing politics by not compromising at all.

Who cares what Trump said? If there were any grownups in Dem leadership, they'd make an agreement to help secure our border and end the shutdown but they don't want that. They'd rather burn down the country then compromise because it might make it look like Trump got a small victory.

Even before the TV coverage, I bet most Americans know what Trump will say and what Pelosi/Schumer will say.
Trump
. We need a wall, Drugs, Terrorist and illegals are entering our country. It must be stopped.
Pelosi/Schumer We could use better border security. People coming here are fleeing bad conditions, think of the children. The shutdown is Trumps fault.

The only reason to watch is to see if Chucky cries again.

*snifle, snifle* It's fo' da chow'dren!!.

LOL, I wouldn't trust Schumer or Pelosi on bit. They're refusal to negotiate is just as must to do with keeping the government closed as Trump's.

Stop eating up the propaganda, man. They did negotiate. They had a deal that was voted 100-0 in the Senate.

Back
Top Bottom