• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netflix will put a stop to password sharing by end of March

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Netflix plans to bar users from sharing passwords for free by the end of March of this year, according to a recent company announcement in a letter to shareholders.

Back in October, the streaming giant said it would begin charging subscribers who share their accounts but did not give a specific date or information for when the new policy would be enacted.

In a quarter four earnings report released late last week, Netflix revealed it would implement the paid sharing system across the platform in the latter portion of quarter one.
===================================================
They've been losing millions of $$$.

The BIL has been doing this for years……..

So this changes eh?

The only people who use my account are me and my daughter. However, my daughter does not live with me, yet she is indeed family. I guess Netflix wants family to live together, even as adults.

Well, I'll be saving another $22/mo. Bye-bye. I watch Tubi more than I watch Netflix, so I won't miss it.

So this changes eh?

The only people who use my account are me and my daughter. However, my daughter does not live with me, yet she is indeed family. I guess Netflix wants family to live together, even as adults.

Well, I'll be saving another $22/mo. Bye-bye. I watch Tubi more than I watch Netflix, so I won't miss it.
I know quite a number of people who are sharing so widely with two sets of grandparents, parents, married kids. It does seem unfair to others.

So this changes eh?

Not a Netflix user. Did not know it costs $22/mo. Amazing to me so many people are willing to pay that.

I just want to know so when we travel, so we can cancel.

I know quite a number of people who are sharing so widely with two sets of grandparents, parents, married kids. It does seem unfair to others.
I get that. The only reason I still have Netflix is because my daughter does watch stuff on it. I maybe watch 10 hours max/per month, most of their content is garbage to me. They cancel shows so often it's never worth getting invested in any of them and their movies are often terrible.

Not a Netflix user. Did not know it costs $22/mo. Amazing to me so many people are willing to pay that.

Yes, it is the most expensive of it's type of service by far. I've been considering dropping it for some time but as I said, my daughter uses it. I have alot more disposable income than she, but I really don't like wasting money either. I just called her and told her that if she wants the service she will have to sub at the end of March because I'm out.

How about being unfair to Netflix?

Back
Top Bottom