• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netflix Fyre Festival Documentary

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone seen this thing yet?

Bloody good documentary, very compelling watching.

Now, I Had a little bit of a background in what had actually occurred with the Fyre Festival, a couple of years ago an excellent and funny Youtuber called "Internet Historian" did a video about what had occurred with Fyre Festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPg5ftCMv8

But Netflixs documentary goes into way more detail and what actually occurred with the Fyre Festival was so much worse than I thought and not because of what actually happened on the day the attendees arrived which is what most people are familiar with.

I distinctly remembered the news reports and how people reacted to it, Internet Historians Video changed a lot of my perception because while many people thought it was rich kids getting a taste of reality, just to get any kind of cash to keep the festival company Fyre afloat a lot of tickets had been flunked for as low as $500, but what this documentary outlined which was more important was not just the impact on those who had to attend this **** show, but also the impact on the local people that were involved in to try to complete the festival on time and who never got paid for their labor or services they rendered unto Fyre despite numerous promises they would be paid.

What the organizer of this **** show did was just unreal, Billy McFarland is now serving a 6 year prison sentence for defrauding investors related to the Fyre Festival, he deserved a hell of a lot more than that.

Anyway, the documentary covers alot of ground, another interesting thing was definitely the role of social media in advertising and social media influencing.

Thoroughly recommend this.

I'm looking forward to watching this along with Hulu's version as well.

Looks interesting.
I never want to watch documentaries, but usually when I do they are fascinating. Then I go back to not wanting to watch them.

Seeing people engaged in elaborate cons where people support them for so long, only to see it all crumble at the end..always tragic.

Last edited:
Looks interesting.
I never want to watch documentaries, but usually when I do they are fascinating. Then I go back to not wanting to watch them.

Seeing people engaged in elaborate cons where people support them for so long, only to see it all crumble at the end..always tragic.

How long did you hold on to your pet rock?

How long did you hold on to your pet rock?

Never had one.

But we had sea monkeys when I was like 3 or 4. One of my earliest memories. You know that old packaging that showed a family of sea monkey-people hanging out. My dad one morning poured them down the drain, and he told me he saw one waive bye as it was going down. It still hurts a little today.

Back
Top Bottom