• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Netanyahu welcomes peace in the tensions between Israel and Palestine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel will never accept a Palestinian nation no matter what they do, Israel will continue to move new settlement onto Palestinian lands no matter what the US says or does as the US is a crooked peace broker, and besides Jew York is running the American political system

Israel will never accept a Palestinian nation no matter what they do, Israel will continue to move new settlement onto Palestinian lands no matter what the US says or does as the US is a crooked peace broker, and besides Jew York is running the American political system

"Jew York"

Sieg Heil.

Hate to break to you, but the war is over and Hitler lost.

Don't you mean "Zionist York?"

Netanyahu is saying this from his first day in office, the Palestinians are the ones refusing to negotiate

Hopefully, we don't see a massive wall deviding Jerusalem like in the case for cold war berlin
the berlin wall set up by the east to keep people IN the country by force. The separation wall is meant to keep suicide bombers and other kinds of terrorists OUT of Israel, big difference.

can you name a few "new settlements"?

How many concessions have the Israelis made?

How many times has Israel offered peace?

Better yet, how many times have the Palestinians violated there own agreements?

How many concessions have the Israelis made?

How many times has Israel offered peace?

Better yet, how many times have the Palestinians violated there own agreements?

Yes and how many times has Israel offered peace and behind the scenes manipulated events to stop any peace

Netanyahu is saying this from his first day in office, the Palestinians are the ones refusing to negotiate

Because Bibi is every increasing new settlements on Palestinian lands

Because Bibi is every increasing new settlements on Palestinian lands

Now you even say it is Bibi who is building new settlements, heh. My question remains unanswered, can you name those "new settlements" ?

Palestine, the entire ME as a matter of fact, refuses to recognize Israel.

Palestine, the entire ME as a matter of fact, refuses to recognize Israel.

And that is why they don't have a future, seven million up against hundreds of millions, I don't like their chances when Americans will get sick of dying for them in the years to come.

Now you even say it is Bibi who is building new settlements, heh. My question remains unanswered, can you name those "new settlements" ?

Ah semantics that's your game, I don't play games.

"Ronald Storrs, Britain’s first Governor of Jerusalem, referred to a potential Jewish state in 1937 as a “little loyal Jewish Ulster.”
--The Memoirs of Sir Ronald Storrs. GP Putnam’s Sons. New York. 1937. P. 364.--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Storrs

Ulster of course refers to the province in the north of Ireland which was a pivotal part in England’s strategy for colonising Ireland. In the early seventeenth century, Scottish and English (mainly Protestant) settlers were moved into Ulster, displacing many of the native people of those lands.

Prior to the plantation, the people of Ulster were predominantly Catholic and Gaelic speaking, and it was one of the strongest regions in Ireland that resisted English rule. Flooding Ulster with loyal serfs to King James I was an attempt to dilute the Gaelic culture and the anti-unionist sentiment that was so prevalent in that region, in addition to exacerbating and creating new divisions within Ireland.

The sole purpose of Israel is not to create a “Jewish” state, but to create a “Jewish” Ulster for the purposes of dividing Christians, Muslims, and Jews against one another and creating a center of constant tension in the Middle East."

----

"Under International Law, as in Domestic Law, there can be no reprisal against reprisal. The assassin who is being repulsed by his intended victim may not slay him and then, in turn, plead self defense."

That ain't semantics, chief.

You said Israel was building settlements. So put up. Which settlements were built? Where are they? What are their names? When were they built? What do they look like?

You know - facts. provide them or admit your statements are not based on them.

... semantics ... lol

And that is why they don't have a future, seven million up against hundreds of millions, I don't like their chances when Americans will get sick of dying for them in the years to come.

Right. Americans dying for the Jews. Once again, care to provide any facts to support this nonsensical assertion? Incidentally, the blame the Jews for everything the Arabs do belongs in the conspiracy section, not here...

I don't know what definition of "semantics" you're working with there, but it's definitely not the right one. If it is claimed that Israel is continuing to build new settlements then it's fair to ask where those settlements are. This isn't a partisan anti-Israel site that you may be used to where anything you say just gets nods and "preach it, brother!". Here, if you make a claim, you'll have to support it.

I don't know what definition of "semantics" you're working with there, but it's definitely not the right one. If it is claimed that Israel is continuing to build new settlements then it's fair to ask where those settlements are. This isn't a partisan anti-Israel site that you may be used to where anything you say just gets nods and "preach it, brother!". Here, if you make a claim, you'll have to support it.

Well lets start with East Jerusalem including the core old city where the UN and the international community regard this as Palestinian territory and illegally occupied by Israel, and then we could move onto the West Bank but your in total denial.
You say "that this isn't a partisan anti Israel site that you my be used to where anything you say just gets nods and preach it brother" well for one thing, I'm not your brother, and don't every try to shut me down for having an opinion, as this is what this forum is all about, Israel has been getting away with their illegal settlements since 1967 with the help of the US. If you don't like the truth then buggar off

Well lets start with East Jerusalem including the core old city where the UN and the international community regard this as Palestinian territory and illegally occupied by Israel, and then we could move onto the West Bank but your in total denial.
You say "that this isn't a partisan anti Israel site that you my be used to where anything you say just gets nods and preach it brother" well for one thing, I'm not your brother, and don't every try to shut me down for having an opinion, as this is what this forum is all about, Israel has been getting away with their illegal settlements since 1967 with the help of the US. If you don't like the truth then buggar off

Your rudeness is disappointing, but since you're new to me I'll ignore it for now and chalk your bad behavior to "hangover" or "bad day at the office."

You said, "Because Bibi is every increasing new settlements on Palestinian lands." Your answer is "East Jerusalem" which isn't a settlement, and "The West Bank" which is hopelessly vague. Where are these "new settlements" you're referring to? This particular debate forum runs on specifics, not extreme generalities. Such generalities might have worked on whatever other forum you came, but not so here.

Last edited:
Well, my opinion of Netanyahu is certainly improving...

...maybe Obama really has been the villain in the Israel-US feud the entire time.

Dunno anymore.

Cardinal Asked:

"Where are these "new settlements" you're referring to?"

My Question before replying ....

What "Year" is considered to be "New" when it comes to settlements?

And ....

Does "New" include "Expansion"?

Calm

Cardinal Asked:

And ....

Calm

I suggest those are things AFM should clarify.

Your rudeness is disappointing, but since you're new to me I'll ignore it for now and chalk your bad behavior to "hangover" or "bad day at the office."

You said, "Because Bibi is every increasing new settlements on Palestinian lands." Your answer is "East Jerusalem" which isn't a settlement, and "The West Bank" which is hopelessly vague. Where are these "new settlements" you're referring to? This particular debate forum runs on specifics, not extreme generalities. Such generalities might have worked on whatever other forum you came, but not so here.

All you have to do is google...
The building of 436 of the housing units, in the settlement of Ramat Shlomo on land Israel occupied in a 1967 war, was approved in 2012. But the project was later frozen after criticism from Washington and the European Union. In 2010, when the construction plans for Ramat Shlomo were first announced, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden publicly scolded Israel while he was visiting Jerusalem.

The government official, who asked not to be identified, said Netanyahu gave the go-ahead on Monday to market the homes in Ramat Shlomo and another 18 in Ramot.
Israel Approves 454 New Settlement Homes | Al Jazeera America

you claimed Israel is building new settlements. the FACT is Israel haven't built any new settlement since ~2000.

you can choose not to "play my game" but this only proves you throw empty slogans to the air, all you pro Palestinians talk about settlements being obstacle for peace while you can't even name those obstacles, maybe because they don't exist.

Cardinal Asked:

And ....

Calm

My answer:

new means after 1993-4 when the oslo treaty was signed in which Israel obligated not to build new settlements

expansion of existing settlements is allowed according to the accords so no, new doesn't include expansion. Moreover, the expansions are done within settlement borders INSIDE their fences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom