• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nellie Ohr: Ukrainian Lawmaker Was Fusion GPS Source

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A member of the Ukrainian parliament accused in his home country of interfering in the 2016 U.S. presidential election was identified in congressional testimony in October as a source for opposition research firm Fusion GPS.

Nellie Ohr, a former contractor for the Washington, D.C.-based Fusion GPS, testified on Oct. 19 that Serhiy Leshchenko, a former investigative journalist turned Ukrainian lawmaker, was a source for Fusion GPS during the 2016 campaign.

With $1 million in funding from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign, Fusion GPS hired former British spy Christopher Steele to investigate Trump’s ties to Russia.

Ironically, given Fusion GPS’s investigation of Russian meddling in the election, Leshchenko himself was found to have illegally interfered in the 2016 election.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/06/nellie-ohr-fusion-gps-leshchenko-ukraine/

Yep, there was collusion and interference by Russian speaking foreigners.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-court-ruling-election-interference/29652728.html

Perhaps you should find out why he was supposedly found "guilty" of interfering: The December 11 finding came in response to a complaint filed by another Ukrainian lawmaker, who alleged that Serhiy Leshchenko and Artem Sytnyk illegally released the documents in August 2016, showing payments by a Ukrainian political party to Trump’s then-campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.

Yep, there was collusion and interference by Russian speaking foreigners.

I wonder if Schiffty is going to formally release Nellie Ohr's testimony to the public? Or, are we going to have to rely on leaks? I think not.

I also wonder if this testimony is part of the bunch that Schiffty is giving to Mueller, and if Mueller will now investigate the Trump haters in the DNC, Hillary campaign, the DOJ and the FBI for collusion and interference in the 2016 election? I think not.

I wonder if Schiffty is going to formally release Nellie Ohr's testimony to the public? Or, are we going to have to rely on leaks? I think not.

I also wonder if this testimony is part of the bunch that Schiffty is giving to Mueller, and if Mueller will now investigate the Trump haters in the DNC, Hillary campaign, the DOJ and the FBI for collusion and interference in the 2016 election? I think not.

What's wrong with Fusion GPS using a Ukrainian source?

The fake dossier that resulted from this source, was used by the Obama FBI to lie to the FISA court, to get a FISA warrant to spy on opposition candidate Trump. This was Watergate taken to the next level. If you recall Comey, told Trump of the fake Dossier, but failed to tell him that the dossier had been used to get illegal warrants to spy on him and then to justify Mueller. This is part of the reason Comey was fired.

The problem Shifty has is the dossier and illegal FISA warrants were well known as early as 2016 by the swamp and Washington. Since so many Democrat leaders continued to reinforce this false narrative, knowing it was false, many may be vulnerable to obstruction of justice, in their attempt to create injustice. The Democrats are doubling down, since they took a chance and know if they stop, the tide will go the other way, and they will be caught in the rip currents.

The change of the tide is waiting for AG Barr to be sworn in. The Democrats can delay, but they don't have the vote to stop it.

What I don't understand is why Schiff does not recuse himself, like he asks of Barr, since he is widely known to have made up his mind even before any investigation. Barr is more open minded and he is being asked to recuse himself.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-court-ruling-election-interference/29652728.html

Perhaps you should find out why he was supposedly found "guilty" of interfering: The December 11 finding came in response to a complaint filed by another Ukrainian lawmaker, who alleged that Serhiy Leshchenko and Artem Sytnyk illegally released the documents in August 2016, showing payments by a Ukrainian political party to Trump’s then-campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.

Continue reading... you left something out.

A Ukrainian source trying to influence our elections is just as bad as a Russian source trying to influence our elections.

Americans using any foreign sources to try to influence our elections is bad.

I read some stuff here and realize it comes straight from some Sean Hannity lie. Fake Dossier. Sole reason for warrant. Hillary. AOC. Benghazi.

It's "foreign interference" and "collusion".

If it's illegal for the Trump campaign, it's illegal for everybody. Right?

It's "foreign interference" and "collusion".

If it's illegal for the Trump campaign, it's illegal for everybody. Right?

Fusion GPS is a private firm and not part of any campaign. They were hired to perform a service. There is no law saying they cannot use information from foreign sources.

If Trump had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fusion GPS is a private firm and not part of any campaign. They were hired to perform a service. There is no law saying they cannot use information from foreign sources.

If Trump had

Oops put my phone in my pocket...

If Trump had his lawyer hire a firm to do oppo research and they used foreign sources, this would not have been illegal. Receiving such information directly from a foreign source is a violation of federal election laws.

Thems the rulz.

The fake dossier that resulted from this source, was used by the Obama FBI to lie to the FISA court, to get a FISA warrant to spy on opposition candidate Trump.

False. Carter Page had already left whatever role (minimal) he had in the Trump campaign prior to the first FISA warrant. So this was to "spy" on Carter Page, not Donald Trump.

This was Watergate taken to the next level. If you recall Comey, told Trump of the fake Dossier, but failed to tell him that the dossier had been used to get illegal warrants to spy on him and then to justify Mueller. This is part of the reason Comey was fired.

False. He was not fired because of anything to do with the dossier.

The problem Shifty has is the dossier and illegal FISA warrants were well known as early as 2016 by the swamp and Washington. Since so many Democrat leaders continued to reinforce this false narrative, knowing it was false, many may be vulnerable to obstruction of justice, in their attempt to create injustice. The Democrats are doubling down, since they took a chance and know if they stop, the tide will go the other way, and they will be caught in the rip currents.

The change of the tide is waiting for AG Barr to be sworn in. The Democrats can delay, but they don't have the vote to stop it.

What I don't understand is why Schiff does not recuse himself, like he asks of Barr, since he is widely known to have made up his mind even before any investigation. Barr is more open minded and he is being asked to recuse himself.

False. There is no indication that Schiff has made anything up in his mind thus far.

Back
Top Bottom