• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Neil deGrasse Tyson Under Investigation for Rape

Looking at the accusations. One woman did claim he raped her 32 years ago but single rape accusations are common against celebrities. Its a he said she said situation. I'd like to see more accusers come forward.

The other two accusers were simply complaining about comments and touching they found inappropriate but none of this is sexual assault. For one woman, he invited her to his place and he make some moves on her but never sexually contacted her in any way. He apologized to her the day after when she complained. The second women complained that he touched her arm while looking at a tattoo.

The evidence is just not here yet.

Agree. There is a huge chasm between creepy, unrequited advances and Cosbyesque predation.

That's a really big difference. How do you know that most smart people in history were modern liberals?
No, it isn’t. However, if it makes you feel better I’ll reiterate my original statement that most geniuses in history have been liberals.

Why do you you continue to say “modern” liberals. Do you think that gives you some wiggle room to shift your position/s?

No, it isn’t. However, if it makes you feel better I’ll reiterate my original statement that most geniuses in history have been liberals.

Why do you you continue to say “modern” liberals. Do you think that gives you some wiggle room to shift your position/s?

Well, a lot of geniuses have low social ability. Many don't know much about what the typical person is going through. They tend to live in a bubble. Also, many modern liberal ideas didn't even exist hundreds of years ago. And the reason I say modern liberalism is because what it means to be liberal changes over time, and we don't want to equate those different definitions of liberalism.

The woman paid nearly a million dollars to lie about Kavanaugh found a ready audience in corrupt leftist activists willing and eager to believe any and all lies slanderously directed against opponents of total democrat control of America.

The woman paid a million dollars to lie about Kavanaugh? Why? That still doesn't tell me how they plan on overthrowing the government like you claimed.

The woman paid a million dollars to lie about Kavanaugh? Why? That still doesn't tell me how they plan on overthrowing the government like you claimed.

My bad. Again. The lying slut was paid nearly $1 million to lie about Kavanaugh. I worded my response wrong.

Well, a lot of geniuses have low social ability. Many don't know much about what the typical person is going through. They tend to live in a bubble.
And this ^^ assertion has what bearing on the discussion?

Also, many modern liberal ideas didn't even exist hundreds of years ago. And the reason I say modern liberalism is because what it means to be liberal changes over time, and we don't want to equate those different definitions of liberalism.
Wrong and absurd notion. Liberal ideas have always existed. Also, you have repeatedly said “modern liberals”, not “modern liberalism”. Two closely related terms, but not identical/interchangeable. Whether DaVinci and others were considered liberals in their time isn’t the point I am making, and splitting hairs to confuse the context is weak sauce indeed. So, one more time, more specifically to avoid any confusion on your part, I assert that DaVinci, by today’s definition of the word, was a “liberal”.

And this ^^ assertion has what bearing on the discussion?

Wrong and absurd notion. Liberal ideas have always existed. Also, you have repeatedly said “modern liberals”, not “modern liberalism”. Two closely related terms, but not identical/interchangeable. Whether DaVinci and others were considered liberals in their time isn’t the point I am making, and splitting hairs to confuse the context is weak sauce indeed. So, one more time, more specifically to avoid any confusion on your part, I assert that DaVinci, by today’s definition of the word, was a “liberal”.

1) You seem to missing one of the points I'm making, which is that even if someone like DaVinci, assuming he was actually one of the most intelligent people of his time, was a liberal of his time, that does not mean his ideas would be considered liberal of our time.

2) My point about how geniuses often have low social ability, tend to live in a bubble, and don't typically understand what the typical individual is going through is to show that even if it was true that geniuses tended to be more liberal, it might not mean what you think it means. Their position is not necessarily a better position just because they are geniuses.

1) You seem to missing one of the points I'm making, which is that even if someone like DaVinci, assuming he was actually one of the most intelligent people of his time, was a liberal of his time, that does not mean his ideas would be considered liberal of our time.
Please see post #81.
2) My point about how geniuses often have low social ability, tend to live in a bubble, and don't typically understand what the typical individual is going through is to show that even if it was true that geniuses tended to be more liberal, it might not mean what you think it means. Their position is not necessarily a better position just because they are geniuses.
It isn’t about what you or me thinks, it’s about simple facts. Generally, by definition, a genius’ opinion is the correct one. At least regarding things that can be proven/disproven with certainty.

Please see post #81.

It isn’t about what you or me thinks, it’s about simple facts. Generally, by definition, a genius’ opinion is the correct one. At least regarding things that can be proven/disproven with certainty.

No, a geniuses opinion is not the correct one by definition. All you have to do is think about how geniuses disagree with each other to realize how ridiculous that is. Politics is often about priorities, and a genius will often be in a different situation than the normal population, which can cause them to come to different policy positions.

No, a geniuses opinion is not the correct one by definition. All you have to do is think about how geniuses disagree with each other to realize how ridiculous that is. Politics is often about priorities, and a genius will often be in a different situation than the normal population, which can cause them to come to different policy positions.
First, my genius’ generally being correct comment was meant as sarcasm, and second, did you miss the word “generally”? Not exclusively, always, without exception, etc., but “generally”. And the discussion wasn’t about politics. Why would we be discussing DaVinci and other non-political genius’ if we were talking politics?

First, my genius’ generally being correct comment was meant as sarcasm, and second, did you miss the word “generally”? Not exclusively, always, without exception, etc., but “generally”. And the discussion wasn’t about politics. Why would we be discussing DaVinci and other non-political genius’ if we were talking politics?

So you're deflecting. Got it.

So you're deflecting. Got it.
How exactly is clarifying deflecting? If anyone’s deflecting it’s you, by trying to narrow the conversation to one single aspect of a more complex subject.

My bad. Again. The lying slut was paid nearly $1 million to lie about Kavanaugh. I worded my response wrong.

A rational person simply says they don't know if her allegation is true. An irrational person claims to know her allegations are false and the result of some bribe.

I hope you don't have a daughter or other female relative.

Back
Top Bottom