• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Need for Special Counsel in Biden Case Has Grown Urgent

MrNiceGuy

Symbiotic Pnemonic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

David Weiss, the US attorney for Delaware, seems to be leading a genuine investigation of Hunter Biden: Prosecutors taking the case to a grand jury the other day even asked a witness about “the big guy,” for whom Hunter and his partners had reserved a 10% cut of one potential (and lucrative) deal.

No one familiar with the case has suggested who the “big guy” might be if not now-President Joe Biden, and at least one of the partners has confirmed it was Joe.

Then, too, Weiss is a veteran of the Delaware office, appointed US attorney in early 2018 by President Donald Trump — not a political hack. The only thing at all questionable about his Hunter investigation is why it has taken so long, when the probe actually began long before the last election. Hunter’s bank records on his dealings with the Bank of China, for example, got subpoenaed back in May 2019.

Good news!

Orchids to Mr. W. for seriously pursuing the case.

Some impartial sources feel that the media's refusal to report anything about Mr. Hunter did affect the 2020 election.

Even if the "big guy" does turn out to be President Biden, no legal action will be taken against him.

It would be considered elder abuse.

Looks like it could be headed in that direction much to his, Joe Biden devotees', chagrin.

Oh no you don't. You don't get to equivocate between the blind, deaf and dumb (to traitor Trump's crimes) Trump cult and the left. Biden has, in no sense, a cult following like you suggest, that would be chagrined by Hunter's prosecution. The liberals are devoted to ideas (you know, what the human brain does when not burdened by Jesus and fascism), not to personalities.

If Biden's son did anything wrong, I'd love to see him prosecuted. And, I'd still love to see the conservatives abandon their situational outrage, admit Trump lost the election and tried to criminally STEAL it, and put him- and his traitorous cronies- behind bars. If Hunter's in the next cell, fine, but it can't be one-sided.

As long as justice is just for the left, your credibility to complain about lawlessness is shit.

The Left isn't liberal - Democrats and Progressives don't get to call themselves liberal anymore. Y'ain't.

And, to suggest that Biden doesn't have a cult following, I mean, come on. Only a cult could look past his evident dementia and abject confusion and see the "adult in the room" y'all claim to see.

It's not just about Biden's son doing something wrong. It's about The Big Guy, Joe Biden, and HIS cut of the deal, and what Hunter AND Joe were up to in Ukraine and in China.

Naturally, there must be an investigation first. But, the rational side of this discussion doesn't presume guilt, like the anti-Trump side did for five solid years. Y'all didn't wait for investigations. Y'all knew he was guilty before he even took office. The Cult was one of "Orange Man Bad."

Since apparently just Biden's washout of a son, surely a regular prosecutor is in order.

Good news!

Some impartial sources feel that the media's refusal to report anything about Mr. Hunter did affect the 2020 election.

Even if the "big guy" does turn out to be President Biden, no legal action will be taken against him.

It would be considered elder abuse.
Maybe no legal action aould be taken because that deal never went through. The investors cooked up a plan. It never happened. Joe never got any money from it.

Look at the left trying to build a firewall between Joe and his bag man, Hunter. Last year, it was called "Russian Disinformation", and now it's graduated to: "It's JUST Hunter!! Joe's NOT involved!!".

LOL. not going to end well for Democrats.

I'm confused.... maybe you can clear this up for me. Under the terms of 28 CFR §600.1, the Grounds for Appointing a Special Counsel are as follows:

§ 600.1 Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel.
The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and -

(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and

(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.

---

So far as I know, Hunter Biden is under investigation by the District Attorney for Delaware's office, under Mr. Weiss. Has Mr. Weiss come out and stated that a Special Counsel would be desirable or that his investigation has been hampered by any conflicts of interest? Because if he did, then I'd be all for your argument.... but if he hasn't, then why shouldn't we just let him keep doing his investigation the way he sees fit?

The way I figure it, either you have confidence in Weiss' ability and competency or you do not.... and if you do, then on what grounds are you demanding to take the investigation out of his hands? Why not just let the man do his job the way he sees it?

Good news!

LOL, "some....feel" is always a great phrase. Could be anyone - like your drinking buddy - who you say is impartial. That's the beauty of it - requires nothing specific, but you still get to make the allegation.
The other problem with that bullcrap narrative is at the time Joe Biden was a private citizen. What law did Joe allegedly break by allegedly being involved in a post VP business deal?

Oh no you don't. You don't get to equivocate between the blind, deaf and dumb (to traitor Trump's crimes) Trump cult and the left. Biden has, in no sense, a cult following like you suggest, that would be chagrined by Hunter's prosecution. The liberals are devoted to ideas (you know, what the human brain does when not burdened by Jesus and fascism), not to personalities.

If Biden's son did anything wrong, I'd love to see him prosecuted. And, I'd still love to see the conservatives abandon their situational outrage, admit Trump lost the election and tried to criminally STEAL it, and put him- and his traitorous cronies- behind bars. If Hunter's in the next cell, fine, but it can't be one-sided.

As long as justice is just for the left, your credibility to complain about lawlessness is shit.
Trump Deflection Syndrome is duly noted

It'll never happen. Biden is not only a Democrat but also DEEPLY establishment and if he is found to have done anything inappropriate it risks opening up a Pandora's Box of questions and concerns about abuses across the entire global political system. It's the same reason that Clinton will never be held accountable for anything she did.

It'll never happen. Biden is not only a Democrat but also DEEPLY establishment and if he is found to have done anything inappropriate it risks opening up a Pandora's Box of questions and concerns about abuses across the entire global political system. It's the same reason that Clinton will never be held accountable for anything she did.
Conspiracies! Yay

The Left isn't liberal - Democrats and Progressives don't get to call themselves liberal anymore. Y'ain't.

And, to suggest that Biden doesn't have a cult following, I mean, come on. Only a cult could look past his evident dementia and abject confusion and see the "adult in the room" y'all claim to see.

It's not just about Biden's son doing something wrong. It's about The Big Guy, Joe Biden, and HIS cut of the deal, and what Hunter AND Joe were up to in Ukraine and in China.

Naturally, there must be an investigation first. But, the rational side of this discussion doesn't presume guilt, like the anti-Trump side did for five solid years. Y'all didn't wait for investigations. Y'all knew he was guilty before he even took office. The Cult was one of "Orange Man Bad."
What about me?

I would have voted for a slime mold over trump.

And compared to a slime mold Biden is killing it!

It's really hilarious how much of a failure the right has been in trying to drum up this bs. The latest scandal is that Biden wrote someone a college admissions recommendation letter while he was a private citizen, it's just all such a hilarious joke what a bunch of losers republicans are that this is the best they've got.

Back
Top Bottom