• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nee Rule on TDS

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
New Rule on TDS

Naturally everyone on the right watching this video will not approve but you gotta admit Maher is the best Smackdown artist in the world. This is SmackDown taken to a high art

If you are a Trump sympathizer I dare you to watch it, all of it.

Last edited:
Naturally everyone on the right watching this video will not approve but you gotta admit Maher is the best Smackdown artist in the world. This is SmackDown taken to a high art

I heard that Maher used to be funny. Is that true?

Re: New Rule on TDS

Okay, I watched it...ALL of it.

I like Bill Maher. Sometimes he says things I agree with, sometimes things I am indifferent to, and sometimes things I don't agree with.

Please explain why this particular video somehow excuses all the similarly (if not lightyears) worse displays that so many in the opposition have demonstrated since well-before the election, much less after it?

I am sure my peers can post videos and reports arguing both for and against Maher's commentary.

I simply found this one amusing. :shrug:

Last edited:

Maher is 100% right on the money. This hits a grand slam home run over the center field wall.

I like Bill Maher. Sometimes he says things I agree with, sometimes things I am indifferent to, and sometimes things I don't agree with.

Please explain why this particular video somehow excuses all the similarly (if not lightyears) worse displays that so many in the opposition have demonstrated since well-before the election, much less after it?

I am sure my peers can post videos and reports arguing both for and against Maher's commentary.

B/c whenever Trump leaves office be it in 2020 or 2030 or upon his death bed, we won't care how crazy Joe gets. You made your bed with Trump, still sucking his dick, and then you will get ****ed in the end. That's how it works bud. Enjoy being on top while you have the chance.

Maher is 100% right on the money. This hits a grand slam home run over the center field wall.

Yup I cannot wait to do this. They think we're the sore losers???? Oh boy... They ain't seen nothing yet.

Love it; like 'TDS' being thrown out all the time, "if you smell body odour all the time, it's probably you".

Show us a video that displays anything like the derangement tRump has like what was in Maher's "New Rule", because that's just a small sample of the crazy **** tRump has and is doing. Show us the A video "worse displays that so many in the opposition have demonstrated since well-before the election, much less after it?" If you're so sure do it; because I can post multiple video's of tRump supporters going bat **** crazy … and you know I can.

Catch 23!

It had a couple of good lines. Where is the one where he lampoons Hillary for sleeping through Benghazi?

Did Sean Hannity come up with the TDS concept originally to attack those who did not like Trump?

edit update: okay - I looked it up and found that he did not.

Never mind.

A little Trump goes a long way.

Last edited:
Thanks Rex :thumbs:

giphy.gif

Show us a video that displays anything like the derangement tRump has like what was in Maher's "New Rule", because that's just a small sample of the crazy **** tRump has and is doing. Show us the A video "worse displays that so many in the opposition have demonstrated since well-before the election, much less after it?" If you're so sure do it; because I can post multiple video's of tRump supporters going bat **** crazy … and you know I can.

Catch 23!

He'll find some right wing youtube channel with a gen-z leftist saying something out of context in about five days from now, but he won't post it here. He'll make it a new thread, and call it unconstitutional.

Did not watch it, will not bother. "If you are a Trump sympathizer I dare you to watch it, all of it." is a simplistic grade school dare, shoulda said I double dog dare you. If it had been something like: I ask you to watch all of it and give your opinion - then I would have but, phrased the way it was I knew the obvious gist of it and judging from the replies I was correct.

Maher is a smart (and very funny) man, and he's right on point. Any Trump supporters who watch that, which contains all things we've already seen more than once with this clown in office, and still choose to ignore the reality of what they are promoting in backing this POS, then they truly are all ignorant, anti-American lunatics like their new leader. Shame on the republicans for allowing this circus side-show to go on at the expense of our country and its citizens. They are adding never republican to the never Trumpers.....foolish and senseless.

Did not watch it, will not bother. "If you are a Trump sympathizer I dare you to watch it, all of it." is a simplistic grade school dare, shoulda said I double dog dare you. If it had been something like: I ask you to watch all of it and give your opinion - then I would have but, phrased the way it was I knew the obvious gist of it and judging from the replies I was correct.

It's okay. You would have dismissed any reality regarding the buffoon in office and still waved your flag proudly and supported a traitor who puts murderous dictators on a pedestal (and sleeping with them), while publicly $hitting on dedicated patriotic Americans. It would be beneficial for you and your party to drop your front of 'pride' and loyalty, and gain back some strength and respect.

I doubt it.

You're actually proving Maher's point.

Maher's premise is flawed. I don't call any criticism of Trump TDS. But people are clearly obsessed with Trump. Not just the left, but the right too. The president was never supposed to be this central to American life. The factors that caused this unhealthy focus on the president as king started a century ago and are a separate matter,

But Trump has somehow taken the unhealthy focus to even more unhealthy levels. Count the number of Trump threads in the Main "Breaking Story" page here on DP. It looks like about half which is surprisingly low. I've seen times where it's like 75%. But that's politics. The next time Trump says or does something egregious, I'm sure the main page will light up with Trump topics. So maybe that's not TDS.

What is TDS is the way Trump is brought up in contexts that have nothing to do with him. There's a story about a restaurant review in the NY Times that started, "In this age of Trump...". In my own life, at a recent company team building event, we were all randomly split into three teams: the Green Team, Blue Team and Orange Team. We each had to come up with a team motto. The Orange Team's motto was "Making Orange Great Again". Admittedly clever, but a little disturbing. Those people were so obsessed with Trump that they couldn't even think of the color orange without associating it with the man. That's TDS in my opinion.

Last edited:
Maher's premise is flawed. I don't call any criticism of Trump TDS. But people are clearly obsessed with Trump. Not just the left, but the right too. The president was never supposed to be this central to American life. The factors that caused this unhealthy focus on the president as king started a century ago and are a separate matter,

But Trump has somehow taken the unhealthy focus to even more unhealthy levels. Count the number of Trump threads in the Main "Breaking Story" page here on DP. It looks like about half which is surprisingly low. I've seen times where it's like 75%. But that's politics. The next time Trump says or does something egregious, I'm sure the main page will light up with Trump topics. So maybe that's not TDS.

What is TDS is the way Trump is brought up is topics that have nothing to do with him. There's a story about a restaurant review in the NY Times that started, "In this age of Trump...". In my own life, at a recent company team building event, we were all randomly split into three teams: the Green Team, Blue Team and Orange Team. We each had to come up with a team motto. The Orange Team's motto was "Making Orange Great Again". Admittedly clever, but a little disturbing. Those people were so obsessed with Trump that they couldn't even think of the color orange without associating it with the man. That's TDS in my opinion.

So........ Any comments on Trump's behaviors that Maher was talking about which is the reason the term TDS gets tossed around to deflect?

Oh. My. God. I don't agree with Bill Maher on everything, but that was SPECTACULAR. :thumbs:

Congratulations to him, he has made crystal clear on what TDS actually is!

So what you're saying is that it's above your intelligence level. Got it. You didn't have to type how grade school kids are smarter than you that's basically saying the same thing twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom