• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NebraskaFtball Offering Seasons Greetings

NebraskaFtball

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hello to my fellow political junkies. I heard about this site from a friend who posted at another site we both participated at, but has been having some issues as of late which makes scratching my political itch less enjoyable.

So, I thought I would give this place a whirl, as one of my favorite hobbies is the rough and tumble sport of politics. I lean fairly heavily towards conservatism in my political ideology, but as of late have found myself becoming more and more libertarian minded. I'm pretty fiscally conservative, and for most of my adult life socially conservative. But the latter part has shifted as I have become more open-minded as the years have faded away and I have come to know more people across a broad spectrum of society.

I'm a big proponent of logic, rationality, and evidence based argument. While understanding that emotion does have a place and role in discussions. I'm very thick skinned, and it takes more than I could quantify to really offend me.

I was a Republican for my entire adult life, up until the decision by W. Bush to invade Iraq. For a myriad of reasons, I left the Republican party behind and became an Independent. That said, I still voted straight "R" ticket in every election, as I just could not find enough in common with Democrats to offer my support to them. That is until 2018's midterm, and for the first time I cast votes for Democrats in multiple races. My reasoning is that I am very much NeverTrump, and any politician that willingly associates with a party that is complicit in having him as the leader of the party is undeserving of my support and vote.

I very much love this nation and every single one of my brothers and sisters blessed enough to share it with me. I genuinely hope for the best each and every day. Especially that we survive the current experiment that we decided to implement, occupying the White House at this time.

Hopefully we will have some good discussions going forward.

Respectfully,

Jason aka: Nebraska Football

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Welcome aboard bro!

Sincerely,
The "right" Kevin

NebraskaFtball

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Welcome aboard bro!

Sincerely,
The "right" Kevin

Thank you my friend!! I don’t post much on weekends as that is family time. But I’ll be around soon enough. Happy New Year!

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
welcome, and i hope that you enjoy the forum.

Hari Seldon

Stable Genius
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Welcome.

At least we agree on 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs.

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"Give it a whirl".....I sure dont hear that every day anymore.

What else have you up your sleeve?

WELCOME

Steve

:2wave:

hado117

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Hello to my fellow political junkies. I heard about this site from a friend who posted at another site we both participated at, but has been having some issues as of late which makes scratching my political itch less enjoyable.

So, I thought I would give this place a whirl, as one of my favorite hobbies is the rough and tumble sport of politics. I lean fairly heavily towards conservatism in my political ideology, but as of late have found myself becoming more and more libertarian minded. I'm pretty fiscally conservative, and for most of my adult life socially conservative. But the latter part has shifted as I have become more open-minded as the years have faded away and I have come to know more people across a broad spectrum of society.

I'm a big proponent of logic, rationality, and evidence based argument. While understanding that emotion does have a place and role in discussions. I'm very thick skinned, and it takes more than I could quantify to really offend me.

I was a Republican for my entire adult life, up until the decision by W. Bush to invade Iraq. For a myriad of reasons, I left the Republican party behind and became an Independent. That said, I still voted straight "R" ticket in every election, as I just could not find enough in common with Democrats to offer my support to them. That is until 2018's midterm, and for the first time I cast votes for Democrats in multiple races. My reasoning is that I am very much NeverTrump, and any politician that willingly associates with a party that is complicit in having him as the leader of the party is undeserving of my support and vote.

I very much love this nation and every single one of my brothers and sisters blessed enough to share it with me. I genuinely hope for the best each and every day. Especially that we survive the current experiment that we decided to implement, occupying the White House at this time.

Respectfully,

welcome the board of traitors . welcome to tricks . welcome to the world of misinformation

OrphanSlug

A sinister place...
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Welcome to DP!

Rogue Valley

Putin = War Criminal
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Welcome aboard NebraskaFtball :peace

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Respectfully,

Happy New Year, brother.

Oh, and Go, Huskies :)

Huskies.jpg

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'm not even going to cheer for my team in this thread.

It's a given...

NebraskaFtball

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
welcome, and i hope that you enjoy the forum.

Welcome.

At least we agree on 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs.

"Give it a whirl".....I sure dont hear that every day anymore.

What else have you up your sleeve?

WELCOME

Steve

:2wave:

Welcome to DP!

Welcome aboard NebraskaFtball :peace

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Apologies for the delay in responding. I’ll see you in the trenches! :)

NebraskaFtball

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
welcome the board of traitors . welcome to tricks . welcome to the world of misinformation

I’m not sure what to make of this just yet. But thanks for the welcome I guess?

Plasmaball

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
You needed a longer intro

lulubee

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
lulubee is here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Respectfully,

Hey, Nebraskan here and fellow Nebraska Football enthusiast. :2wave:

I can tell by your avatar alone we have received a wise addition here.

NebraskaFtball

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hey, Nebraskan here and fellow Nebraska Football enthusiast. :2wave:

I can tell by your avatar alone we have received a wise addition here.

A fellow Husker fan! I love it. Thank you for the kind welcome, and know the feeling is mutual. Wisdom and love of Nebraska Football go hand-in-hand!

Top Bottom