• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Neb. city votes to restrict illegal immigration

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
News from The Associated Press

FREMONT, Neb. (AP) -- This small Nebraska meatpacking town has joined Arizona at the center of a national debate about illegal immigration after voters approved a ban on hiring or renting property to illegal immigrants, but an expected court challenge could keep the measure from ever taking effect.
The American Civil Liberties Union already has promised to file a lawsuit to block enforcement of the proposal roughly 57 percent of Fremont voters supported Monday.
"In a community of 25,000, it's going to be hard to take on the whole country, and it will be costly to do so," said Fremont City Councilman Scott Getzschman, who opposed the measure but said city leaders would support the results.

I disagree with the ACLU's position on this. Not being of legal status means that you are not protected by certain rights that a citizen or legal alien might have.

News from The Associated Press

I disagree with the ACLU's position on this. Not being of legal status means that you are not protected by certain rights that a citizen or legal alien might have.

This city and Arizona and all other states should sue the federal government for failing in its duty to enforce federal law regarding illegal immigration. MASSIVE lawsuits.

This city and Arizona and all other states should sue the federal government for failing in its duty to enforce federal law regarding illegal immigration. MASSIVE lawsuits.

I agree with your point of view.

However I do NOT believe that is is possible to sue the Federal Government.

Back
Top Bottom