• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nearly All Covid Deaths in US Are Now Among Unvaccinated

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(AP) — Nearly all Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. now are people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 Covid-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 Covid-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

Deaths in the U.S. have plummeted from a peak of more than 3,400 day on average in mid-January, one month into the vaccination drive.

About 63% of all vaccine-eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have received at least one dose, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. While vaccine remains scarce in much of the world, the U.S. supply is so abundant and demand has slumped so dramatically that shots sit unused.

Acceptable risk. As the phony Dr Jill found out yesterday in Nashville when sh started talking chit about the vax rate in TN

She was booed hard. She said boo you too. What a lousy wife she is letting her husband be used in such an embarrassing way. Pitiful.

Should a further mutation of the Covid-19 virus occur [We're up to the Delta strain, with the next being Epsilon,] we will not have to concern ourselves over whether it originated in a lab or a live food market. We'll be reasonably certain that it came from one of us -- h. sapiens -- who was not vaccinated, had not yet had the disease and who did not have natural immunity. Each of those people are walking virus 'labs' or, if you wish, cultured Petri dishes awaiting inoculation. Hopefully, the next detected mutation will not be more contagious nor more virulent.

This old geezer, now finessing his way through his 88th year, will continue to take reasonable precautions, thank you.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

The unvaccinated are stupid. Darwin wins again.
There was a breakout in a Florida hospital a few days ago. 6 people were deeply exposed. 5 got sick. 4 died.

The only one who didn't get sick at all was vaccinated.

Though I wish NO ONE harm, at this point, the anti-vaxxers have only themselves to blame.

Acceptable risk. As the phony Dr Jill found out yesterday in Nashville when sh started talking chit about the vax rate in TN

She was booed hard. She said boo you too. What a lousy wife she is letting her husband be used in such an embarrassing way. Pitiful.
Yeah, she doesn't come close to the show wife of Mr. Trump (cough cough).

Should a further mutation of the Covid-19 virus occur [We're up to the Delta strain, with the next being Epsilon,] we will not have to concern ourselves over whether it originated in a lab or a live food market. We'll be reasonably certain that it came from one of us -- h. sapiens -- who was not vaccinated, had not yet had the disease and who did not have natural immunity. Each of those people are walking virus 'labs' or, if you wish, cultured Petri dishes awaiting inoculation. Hopefully, the next detected mutation will not be more contagious nor more virulent.

This old geezer, now finessing his way through his 88th year, will continue to take reasonable precautions, thank you.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
my wife and I are fully vaccinated, and are extremely happy and relieved, the very few anti-vaxxers I know are loud, sanctimonious, stubborn, angry and definitely NOT happy.

my wife and I are fully vaccinated, and are extremely happy and relieved, the very few anti-vaxxers I know are loud, sanctimonious, stubborn, angry and definitely NOT happy.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to respond to my post. Hoping you and yours stay safe 'n well. Though we may never visit your country again, we take out our memories of Canada and burnish them lovingly from time to time. Meanwhile, I content myself with writing some really bad poetry. An example's below.

Best to you and yours.

The Old Geezer.

I love our language. It can say
What ere I mean, precisely.
Its nuances parse complex thoughts,
Displays them all quite nicely.

And once we know its basic rules
We can freely forge ahead.
The rules will guide us, tongue and pen,
As we say what’s to be said.

Take writers; we all know they write.
And walkers? Well, they walk.
Fighters enter rings and fight
And talkers? How they talk!

And here I am, a geezer old.
About that do not sneeze.
I simply go and do my thing.
"What's that"", you ask. I geez.

Last edited:
we're going to have to require the vaccine to work onsite, use public transportation, or fly.

I've had the first dose of AZ and get the 2nd with Pfizer in July. I read a report yesterday that mixing brands may offer more protection.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to respond to my post. Hoping you and yours stay safe 'n well. Though we may never visit your country again, we take out our memories of Canada and burnish them lovingly from time to time. Meanwhile, I content myself with writing some really bad poetry. An example's below.

Best to you and yours.

The Old Geezer.

I love our language. It can say
What ere I mean, precisely.
Its nuances parse complex thoughts,
Displays them all quite nicely.

And once we know its basic rules
We can freely forge ahead.
The rules will guide us, tongue and pen,
As we say what’s to be said.

Take writers; we all know they write.
And walkers? Well, they walk.
Fighters enter rings and fight
And talkers? How they talk!

And here I am, a geezer old.
About that do not sneeze.
I simply go and do my thing.
"What's that"", you ask. I geez.
There are holes in the sky
Where the rain gets in,
But they're ever so small,
That's why rain is thin.

(AP) — Nearly all Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. now are people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 Covid-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 Covid-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

Deaths in the U.S. have plummeted from a peak of more than 3,400 day on average in mid-January, one month into the vaccination drive.

About 63% of all vaccine-eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have received at least one dose, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. While vaccine remains scarce in much of the world, the U.S. supply is so abundant and demand has slumped so dramatically that shots sit unused.

Thank you, President Trump!

You mistaken impressions regarding almost everything can be attributed to your victimization by the propagandists in the media.

Notice how the first link from the propagandists helps to create the narrative, that you accept as fact, of a conflict where no conflict existed in the real world.

<snip>

Biden does not trust Trump to deliver a safe vaccine​

by Cassidy Morrison, Healthcare Reporter |
| September 29, 2020 10:33 PM

<snip>
Vice President Biden said that he would not trust President Trump to deliver a safe and effective coronavirus vaccine during a bitter debate rife with repeated, personal attacks.
<snip>
Biden argued that Trump has repeatedly undercut government health officials, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert.
<snip>
Trump has touted his administration’s progress in developing a vaccine as part of its research initiative Operation Warp Speed, which has pushed four vaccine candidates to final clinical stages. Trump said that “we’re weeks away from a vaccine,” despite health officials in his own administration saying that the soonest the majority of the United States would be immunized would be spring 2021.
<snip>

<snip>

Covid-19: First vaccine given in US as roll-out begins​

Published14 December 2020
<snip>
Ms Lindsay, an intensive care nurse at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, received the vaccine live on camera.
<snip>

we're going to have to require the vaccine to work onsite, use public transportation, or fly.

As a vaccinated person, am I protected from transmission from those not vaccinated or not?

Trump won't see this here. Try Twitter.

Posting actual facts would seem a waste of time by anyone that expects all to be impacted.

Indoctrinated ideologues seem to be immune to logic or reason or truth or facts.

The vaccine was developed during the Trump Administration. Trump said the vaccine would be used before the end of the year.

Trump's political opponents including the propagandists working to get Biden elected deceived the weak minded with propaganda.

This was only one example.

Thank you, President Trump!

You mistaken impressions regarding almost everything can be attributed to your victimization by the propagandists in the media.

Notice how the first link from the propagandists helps to create the narrative, that you accept as fact, of a conflict where no conflict existed in the real world.

<snip>

Biden does not trust Trump to deliver a safe vaccine​

by Cassidy Morrison, Healthcare Reporter |
| September 29, 2020 10:33 PM

<snip>
Vice President Biden said that he would not trust President Trump to deliver a safe and effective coronavirus vaccine during a bitter debate rife with repeated, personal attacks.
<snip>
Biden argued that Trump has repeatedly undercut government health officials, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert.
<snip>
Trump has touted his administration’s progress in developing a vaccine as part of its research initiative Operation Warp Speed, which has pushed four vaccine candidates to final clinical stages. Trump said that “we’re weeks away from a vaccine,” despite health officials in his own administration saying that the soonest the majority of the United States would be immunized would be spring 2021.
<snip>

<snip>

Covid-19: First vaccine given in US as roll-out begins​

Published14 December 2020
<snip>
Ms Lindsay, an intensive care nurse at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, received the vaccine live on camera.
<snip>
YUP, gotta make this about Biden.

BDS in full display.

images.png

As a vaccinated person, am I protected from transmission from those not vaccinated or not?
Partly, as no vaccine is 100%. Variants that are coming may be a greater risk even to those vaccinated.

Posting actual facts would seem a waste of time by anyone that expects all to be impacted.

Indoctrinated ideologues seem to be immune to logic or reason or truth or facts.

The vaccine was developed during the Trump Administration. Trump said the vaccine would be used before the end of the year.

Trump's political opponents including the propagandists working to get Biden elected deceived the weak minded with propaganda.

This was only one example.
I know I have posted this like 1000 times, but my Gawd man, isn't it time you gave it a rest?

4lgjyw.jpg

This OP is about the unvaccinated, NOT ABOUT TRUMP!

Thoughts and prayers.

Not if we don't achieve herd immunity. For now, the mRNA vaccines are in the nineties for effectiveness. A mutation or two, and we're in trouble again. If it keeps burning through vulnerable populations, it will mutate.

The unvaccinated are stupid. Darwin wins again.
That's racist

ME1CKXP_o.png

Partly, as no vaccine is 100%. Variants that are coming may be a greater risk even to those vaccinated.

About 95% protected?

Back
Top Bottom