• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Nearly 500 former senior military, civilian leaders signal support for Biden

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Nearly 500 retired senior military officers, as well as former Cabinet secretaries, service chiefs and other officials, have signed an open letter in support of former vice president Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, saying that he has “the character, principles, wisdom and leadership necessary to address a world on fire.”

The letter, published Thursday morning by National Security Leaders for Biden, is the latest in a series of calls for President Trump’s defeat in the November election.

“We are former public servants who have devoted our careers, and in many cases risked our lives, for the United States,” it says. “We are generals, admirals, senior noncommissioned officers, ambassadors and senior civilian national security leaders. We are Republicans and Democrats, and Independents. We love our country.

=============

These are the premier level people that guided the country under different presidents. When they speak out, we should listen -- although we know die-hard Trump supporters here will not be moved one inch.

These are the premier level people that guided the country under different presidents. When they speak out, we should listen -- although we know die-hard Trump supporters here will not be moved one inch.

What will matter is how this impacts the folks who voted for Trump as an anti Hillary vote.

Nearly 500 retired senior military officers, as well as former Cabinet secretaries, service chiefs and other officials, have signed an open letter in support of former vice president Joe Biden, the Democratic presidential nominee, saying that he has “the character, principles, wisdom and leadership necessary to address a world on fire.”

The letter, published Thursday morning by National Security Leaders for Biden, is the latest in a series of calls for President Trump’s defeat in the November election.

“We are former public servants who have devoted our careers, and in many cases risked our lives, for the United States,” it says. “We are generals, admirals, senior noncommissioned officers, ambassadors and senior civilian national security leaders. We are Republicans and Democrats, and Independents. We love our country.

=============

Wait , money grubbing former military creatures of the insider lucrative Washington swamp voting to keep the cash flowing !
You are kidding me , right ?
swamp creatures.jpg

Wait , money grubbing former military creatures of the insider lucrative Washington swamp voting to keep the cash flowing !
View attachment 67296347
It would be refreshing if you ever posted something worthwhile, instead of silly picts, but thanks for trolling.

You're kidding yourself.

=============

A man who has "the character, principles, wisdom and leadership necessary to address a world on fire"...?

I don't think these people actually know who they're talking about. The mans been a politician for several decades and he's one of the same reasons this fire burns so brightly.

Hell, the man's own people paid to have arrested rioters released. Just so that they could go right back out and start thrashing the city all over again and even Kamala solicited funds for the same thing.
He also folded when asked to speak out against the riots and violence, only to coincidentally avoid naming the groups primarily responsible for much of the issue.
Biden also routinely forgets where he is, prattle off on sometimes boring, disjointed, or even disgusting rants about things that he shouldn't really talk about on stage.

So I think their declaration of character, wisdom and leadership are pretty much on the same course to that of a lame duck.

It's funny to also mention that the people who work under these same individuals shilling for Biden. Are most likely going to be voting for Trump.

A man who has "the character, principles, wisdom and leadership necessary to address a world on fire"...?

I don't think these people actually know who they're talking about. The mans been a politician for several decades and he's one of the same reasons this fire burns so brightly.

Hell, the man's own people paid to have arrested rioters released. Just so that they could go right back out and start thrashing the city all over again and even Kamala solicited funds for the same thing.
He also folded when asked to speak out against the riots and violence, only to coincidentally avoid naming the groups primarily responsible for much of the issue.
Biden also routinely forgets where he is, prattle off on sometimes boring, disjointed, or even disgusting rants about things that he shouldn't really talk about on stage.

So I think their declaration of character, wisdom and leadership are pretty much on the same course to that of a lame duck.

It's funny to also mention that the people who work under these same individuals shilling for Biden. Are most likely going to be voting for Trump.
Yeah, these high level career people don't know what they're talking about.

This is also what they agree:

Noting that some of them held different policy positions from Biden, they nonetheless called for his election, saying it was “imperative that we stop Trump’s assault on our nation’s values and institutions and reinstate the moral foundations of our democracy.”

“I fervently believe that military officers should not be involved in presidential politics, even when retired,” said Boyd, who is the only former POW to have reached four-star rank, and served as deputy commander of the U.S. European Command. “But this year is different. Donald Trump’s assault on the rule of law that makes a democracy possible has been so egregious I’ve decided to speak out. . . . We need to vote for Joe Biden this year. I’m going to vote for him. I hope you do, too.”

I'd like to know how many of those people are now employed by the military-industrial complex. The swamp is deep, and Trump is an outsider that they don't trust. More money is spent on our military than the next 20 countries. You don't see the problems this could be causing? WE would have more than enough money if we stopped spending so much on national defense.

Former high ranking democrat war mongers drooling for yet another 20 year American bloodletting to keep their bank accounts overflowing ?
The hell you say ?
piles ofcash.jpg

Yeah, these high level career people don't know what they're talking about.

This is also what they agree:

Noting that some of them held different policy positions from Biden, they nonetheless called for his election, saying it was “imperative that we stop Trump’s assault on our nation’s values and institutions and reinstate the moral foundations of our democracy.”

“I fervently believe that military officers should not be involved in presidential politics, even when retired,” said Boyd, who is the only former POW to have reached four-star rank, and served as deputy commander of the U.S. European Command. “But this year is different. Donald Trump’s assault on the rule of law that makes a democracy possible has been so egregious I’ve decided to speak out. . . . We need to vote for Joe Biden this year. I’m going to vote for him. I hope you do, too.”

Let me guess, this mister Boyd was able to supply some form of proof for this claim correct?
I mean he wouldn't just say that without actually having proof, now would he?

Because it's not like we haven't heard these exact same things being parroted out by a majority of the left and their supporting media for how long now, three, nearly four years? Hell, maybe even far more than that.

But the fact that he lacks enough reason to see just how much of a hypocrite he is, even stating it himself. Then I do not think he has any right to claim who anyone should be voting for.

Let me guess, this mister Boyd was able to supply some form of proof for this claim correct?
I mean he wouldn't just say that without actually having proof, now would he?

Because it's not like we haven't heard these exact same things being parroted out by a majority of the left and their supporting media for how long now, three, nearly four years? Hell, maybe even far more than that.

But the fact that he lacks enough reason to see just how much of a hypocrite he is, even stating it himself. Then I do not think he has any right to claim who anyone should be voting for.
Only the willfully ignorant or those wearing blinders somehow missed the many examples of Trump’s assault on the rule of law. But if you really need examples (as if that would change your mind,) here are a few:

• He called for not counting mail-in-ballots at all, which would mean disenfranchising a large sector of voters.
  • He repeatedly rejects the entire notion of congressional oversight into his administration as illegitimate.
  • He doesn't belief in the constitutional requirement advice and consent, as many of his appointments are "acting." Yesterday, a federal judge removed acting Bureau of Land Management director after finding he has served unlawfully for 424 days
  • He uses all the tools of his office to secure a second term. The most mild of those is illegally using the White House, a publicly owned building, as the venue for his convention. That's illegal.
  • He uses the AG as his personal attorney, who dutifully threatens to attack Democrats while letting Trump allies off-the-hook.
  • He violates the Emoluments clause of the constitution routinely. Cases include Trump directing the Ambassador to Scotland to get the British Open for him, and firing him when he wouldn't and directing military aircraft to use airbases near his properties, so crew would need to stay at his hotels.
  • I don't even need to get into the fact that Trump tried to strong-arm the Ukrainian president to say he was investigating VP Biden, Trump's political rival, in return for military aid.
  • Then there is using police firing tear gas to disperse a peaceful protest in order for Trump to take a photo-op in front of a church.

There are many, many more examples. Posters can aid to this list if they choose.

Back
Top Bottom