• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nearly 40% of Gen Zs identify as LGBTQ

This seems very high to me. None of us know what it is like to be someone else, so when someone identifies somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum, we should accept it. However, when you have a generation that identifies as LGBTQ at this high of a rate, that just seems really high and you have to think that some of it may be more social trend than actual sexual and/or gender identification.

I don't think such high rates of LGBTQ identification serves Generation Z well in terms of dating and relationships. This is evidenced by the fact that they both have sex less than other generations and are less apt to be in relationships than other generations. https://www.gq.com/story/gen-z-puriteens

What follows is my personal opinion, but I think its backed pretty well by real world experience and some studies: There is a percentage of the population that is willing to enter serious relationships with someone that is bisexual, pansexual, polysexual and so on, however, it is not anywhere near 40% of the population and I very much doubt it is even 40% of the Gen Z population. As the vast majority of people instinctively want romantic relationships, this is a societal problem.

For example, a majority of women would not consider dating a bisexual man and even bisexual women are less attracted to bisexual men: https://bi.org/en/articles/bi-men-are-not-considered-attractive-new-study-says

Now think about it, if a solid majority of women would not date a bisexual man, what percentage do you think would date a pansexual man, or a gender fluid man? I think we can safely say that number is likely much, much lower. People tend to want clarity in relationships. Long term relationships are difficult to begin with as one has to consider the wants and needs of another person. This is why people, right or wrong, tend to want simplicity in relationships. If you throw in something like gender fluid or pansexuality into a relationship, the emotional complexities of that relationship seemingly grow exponentially, which likely is why they are considered "less attractive", for relationships. I would suspect one could find studies where this was the case in same sex relationships as well. Ask many gay men to describe their perfect man, and likely he will be the stereotypical "perfect man". Ask most women to describe their perfect man, and he will likely be a handsome man's man that treats them as equals and contributes equally around the house and in the raising of their children. Ask most men to describe their perfect woman, and while she might be petite or really curvy, she will be feminine in either case.

My point is that regardless of what one thinks of such high numbers of Gen Z identifying as LGBTQ, it will likely lead to a lot of challenges for many of them in forming long term romantic relationships.

I am curious what others think, and please do not turn this into an LGBTQ bash thread. That is not my intention at all.
I highly doubt that 40% claim. Just how many Gen Z'ers got interviewed? You are talking about 10-25 year olds in gen z. We know that this age group has been the target of extreme left wing LBGTQ sex education. Telling little girls that exhibit "tomboyish traits" or little boys who like activities that ar generally thought to be more feminine that they are transgender and really a girl, is BS.
We know that the ability to reason and process information in decision making is not fully developed until around mid 20's so the radical LBGTQ leftist aim their sights at these children and young adults because they are easy to sway. It's sick and preverse. I don't the number is anywhere near 40%.

LGBTQ includes a lot more than just homosexuality. If you have higher numbers identifying as gay, that really isn't an issue in terms or relationship formation as gay people date other gay people. I think it's more of an issue for those identifying as the B and Q parts of LGBTQ.
They are likely much more open to exploring bisexuality and a less rigid binary gender identity. That is very healthy.

I would wonder about the polling accuracy of they claimed that more than 30$ said that they were gay and trans.

More than likely at the high school level it is more about being trendy rather than being truly being LGBTG
That's a fair analysis. Also, at the high school level ones hormones are exploding so much do that most anything might be acceptable 😆

social acceptance, that we would have seen the same thing throughout human history if it would have been socially acceptable

Read history. We always have seen this unless mores of the time lead to suppression of sexual desires and tendencies.

Barna produced the 124-page study in conjunction with the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University and Foundations of Freedom, a non-profit entity that promotes traditional American values.

Biiig ooofh…. Yeah….. no…
In conjunction with a cult-driven research firm whose future livelihood depends desperately on proving an agenda that they made up in their bizarro world fantasies.
Yeah, sounds legit ;)

PS: How come four leaf clovers haven't eradicated all the three leaf clovers in over a billion years?
Why hasn't the animal kingdom completely turned gay?

That's a fair analysis. Also, at the high school level ones hormones are exploding so much do that most anything might be acceptable 😆
You must be from Texas.

In conjunction with a cult-driven research firm whose future livelihood depends desperately on proving an agenda that they made up in their bizarro world fantasies.
Yeah, sounds legit ;)

PS: How come four leaf clovers haven't eradicated all the three leaf clovers in over a billion years?
Why hasn't the animal kingdom completely turned gay?
Lol!

The biggest threat to reproduction in America right now isn't the LGBTQ community, it's the abortion ban. Nobody wants to become pregnant when it's dangerous and we are removing life-saving measures. The rise in sterilization since the bans will tell you that much. Women tell me daily that this decision for them to have a family in this country is a no. They already could barely afford to do so with a two-family income, and now it's also riskier. Immigration is necessary to grow a country, and we all know how you feel about that.

Republicans have no idea how to encourage population growth in this country, and they seem to naturally prevent it.
your words are undercut by the fact that fertility has gone down decades before an abortion ban became a possibility, so I'll call bullshit on your anecdotes.

but my post had nothing to do with population growth. What I'm pointing out is that its highly unlikely that 20% of any generation is gay. your rather charged complaint is rather irrelevent here. im glad your prochoice friends dont reproduce, and i hope they never do.

your words are undercut by the fact that fertility has gone down decades before an abortion ban became a possibility, so I'll call bullshit on your anecdotes.

but my post had nothing to do with population growth. What I'm pointing out is that its highly unlikely that 20% of any generation is gay. your rather charged complaint is rather irrelevent here. im glad your prochoice friends dont reproduce, and i hope they never do.
LGBTQ isn't just gay people. They produce. So get your "I'm scared" panties on and get ready for a reality check. You'll have to beef up putting people in chains this year and invent new laws to impose to keep out the "gays" you're afraid of.

My gay friends now, they'll be adopting all those kids you're forcing women to create. So it should work out for ya.

LGBTQ isn't just gay people. They produce. So get your "I'm scared" panties on and get ready for a reality check. You'll have to beef up putting people in chains this year and invent new laws to impose to keep out the "gays" you're afraid of.

My gay friends now, they'll be adopting all those kids you're forcing women to create. So it should work out for ya.
Your imaginary friends are gay? cool! ;)🤣

The reason why many young couples aren't having children is because of economic reasons. Instability and the inability to afford a home. medical care and the cost of children. The political climate because of republicans also doesn't help.

The fact that 5% of the population might be LGBT is irrelevant to reproduction. Did you forget that many LGBT couples want kids and use surrogates and IVF?

That would be wrong very very wrong :/

Just saying, people don't choose who they're attracted to. Doesn't matter if it's hair color or sexual preference or just a big ol' round booty.

Just saying, people don't choose who they're attracted to. Doesn't matter if it's hair color or sexual preference or just a big ol' round booty.
Ahhh in that case yeah i agree.

The reason why many young couples aren't having children is because of economic reasons. Instability and the inability to afford a home. medical care and the cost of children. The political climate because of republicans also doesn't help.

The fact that 5% of the population might be LGBT is irrelevant to reproduction. Did you forget that many LGBT couples want kids and use surrogates and IVF?
*democrats, but yes.

as i said, 20% of the pop isn't gay. 20%, however, do follow social trends.

Yeah. I was talking to a friend's teenage kid a while back and she mentioned that more than half the kids in her class identified as something other than straight. When I asked if that was more reality or more attention seeking they just grinned and said they figured the vast majority of it was attention seeking or acceptance seeking.

There is so much hostility coming from the gay rights side that a lot of people, seeking to avoid conflict, make public claims that aren't 100% in line with their private lives.

281072-Here-s-A-Tissue.jpg

This seems very high to me. None of us know what it is like to be someone else, so when someone identifies somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum, we should accept it. However, when you have a generation that identifies as LGBTQ at this high of a rate, that just seems really high and you have to think that some of it may be more social trend than actual sexual and/or gender identification.

I don't think such high rates of LGBTQ identification serves Generation Z well in terms of dating and relationships. This is evidenced by the fact that they both have sex less than other generations and are less apt to be in relationships than other generations. https://www.gq.com/story/gen-z-puriteens

What follows is my personal opinion, but I think its backed pretty well by real world experience and some studies: There is a percentage of the population that is willing to enter serious relationships with someone that is bisexual, pansexual, polysexual and so on, however, it is not anywhere near 40% of the population and I very much doubt it is even 40% of the Gen Z population. As the vast majority of people instinctively want romantic relationships, this is a societal problem.

For example, a majority of women would not consider dating a bisexual man and even bisexual women are less attracted to bisexual men: https://bi.org/en/articles/bi-men-are-not-considered-attractive-new-study-says

Now think about it, if a solid majority of women would not date a bisexual man, what percentage do you think would date a pansexual man, or a gender fluid man? I think we can safely say that number is likely much, much lower. People tend to want clarity in relationships. Long term relationships are difficult to begin with as one has to consider the wants and needs of another person. This is why people, right or wrong, tend to want simplicity in relationships. If you throw in something like gender fluid or pansexuality into a relationship, the emotional complexities of that relationship seemingly grow exponentially, which likely is why they are considered "less attractive", for relationships. I would suspect one could find studies where this was the case in same sex relationships as well. Ask many gay men to describe their perfect man, and likely he will be the stereotypical "perfect man". Ask most women to describe their perfect man, and he will likely be a handsome man's man that treats them as equals and contributes equally around the house and in the raising of their children. Ask most men to describe their perfect woman, and while she might be petite or really curvy, she will be feminine in either case.

My point is that regardless of what one thinks of such high numbers of Gen Z identifying as LGBTQ, it will likely lead to a lot of challenges for many of them in forming long term romantic relationships.

I am curious what others think, and please do not turn this into an LGBTQ bash thread. That is not my intention at all.

Younger people are having an easier time recognizing that if you're not 100% straight, you're gay or bi. So those who are mostly attracted to the opposite gender but have an inkling of attraction to their own gender are still bi.

I suspect that this is very different from older generations, who believed that bisexuality was something rare.

I think a lot of these are the fad identities that were just invented a few years ago. Like non binary, demisexual, and asexual.

So, there's like 8 billion humans in the world.

I am totally okay with people being Gay or whatnot. Anything that means a reduction or at least stasis in population.

Back
Top Bottom