• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving... Due In Part To Sequestrat[W:169

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
WASHINGTON -- New data compiled by a coalition of top scientific and medical research groups show that a large majority of scientists are receiving less federal help than they were three years ago, despite spending far more time writing grants in search of it. Nearly one-fifth of scientists are considering going overseas to continue their research because of the poor funding climate in America.

Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Sequestration

The tea party knownothings finally getting what the want.

Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

But but but.... how are they going to continue the scam of AGW if they're out of grant bribe money? Have algore and George Soros gone broke?

Looks like they're leaving the country to scam someone else.

Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

Looks like they're leaving the country to scam someone else.

The hatred of science and scientists -- a conservative trait.

Back to the 12th century is the tea party creed.

It's a kind of philistinism, isn't it, this mistrust of arts and science and anything that can't be expressed on a single-sentence bumper sticker. It starts with idolising simplicity and the common (man, sense, knowledge, whatever) and becomes a cult of ignorance.

It's a kind of philistinism, isn't it, this mistrust of arts and science and anything that can't be expressed on a single-sentence bumper sticker. It starts with idolising simplicity and the common (man, sense, knowledge, whatever) and becomes a cult of ignorance.

Philistinism is the right word.

One of the elements of conservatism is hatred of education and intellectuals in particular. Thinking people are a threat to tea party ideology.

Good riddance!!
If they need tax dollars to research then they need to go elsewhere.

Yeah, baby -- who needs scientists and medical researchers.

Thanks for being honest about the tea party credo of ignorance and backwardness.

Yeah, baby -- who needs scientists and medical researchers.

Thanks for being honest about the tea party credo of ignorance and backwardness.

Yo HoJo Why does the govt need to pay for research??
Marie Currie, thomas Edison, Henry Ford didn"t have the
govt subsidising their research,why does today's bunch
need subsidies???

Yo HoJo Why does the govt need to pay for research??
Marie Currie, thomas Edison, Henry Ford didn"t have the
govt subsidising their research,why does today's bunch
need subsidies???

I think your tea party vision of America is clear. Idiocracy and McDonalds uberalles.

I don't hate science, nor scientists. It's the snak oil salesmen that I don't have any use for.

If global warming wasn't a money scam, these so called scientists wouldn't be looking for a new sugar daddy.

I don't hate science, nor scientists. It's the snak oil salesmen that I don't have any use for.

If global warming wasn't a money scam, these so called scientists wouldn't be looking for a new sugar daddy.

Of course the understanding of global warming is all about a money scam. All the industries that would have to change their ways are spending enormous sums to fool the uneducated into thinking it is somehow the real scientists who are making this supposed profit.

LOL.

Facts are always in short supply in a post of yours. Good thing I'm around to refresh peoples memories as to what actually took place.

President Obama did not want another debt limit increase fight on his hands before his re-election campaign. So he offered up a deal, now known as "sequestration" and congress said yes. Just because it's a better deal for the right than the left doesn't mean the right pushed this bill through congress. Obama did, just to avoid the debt increase battle.

So another of his ideas bites him in the buttocks but that's nothing new.

I love it when tea partiers use one of their silly memes to defend another of their silly memes.

LOL.

Facts are always in short supply in a post of yours. Good thing I'm around to refresh peoples memories as to what actually took place.

President Obama did not want another debt limit increase fight on his hands before his re-election campaign. So he offered up a deal, now known as "sequestration" and congress said yes. Just because it's a better deal for the right than the left doesn't mean the right pushed this bill through congress. Obama did, just to avoid the debt increase battle.

So another of his ideas bites him in the buttocks but that's nothing new.

I love this rightwing meme. Blaming Obama for the debt crisis the tea party occupation forces in Congress caused.

Classic rightwing agitprop.

So you're OK with raising taxes on the rich to make sure our scientific research gets funded? Of course you're not. You're just being dishonest.

Understanding the theory of AGW requires that you follow the money. I don't know if the theory is right or not. Of this I am sure however. It's a popular field of study because grants and funding have been easy. Money makes media support plentiful as well. I think AGW is worthy of study just as I think most scientific study is worthwhile. Well, except $107,000 spent for the sex life of Japanese quail and 1.2 m for the breeding habits of the wood chuck.

The issue here is money. If we didn't print it, we wouldn't have any. The fiscal practices of our government, the unnecessary bail outs, the wasted money spent on green companies whose technologies aren't ready for market, the misspent foreign aid, all of these things give rise to ideas like the sequester, which by the way is an idea that Obama supported until it was implemented. Then suddenly it became a bad idea.

The whole thing is a crap sandwich that the government has been pushing at us long before Obama was president. It's just that Obama has refined it to a science.

I would ask the posters who want to push this financial mismanagement of the treasure and public trust on to the Tea Party. Where have you been and wtf are you talking about?

I love this rightwing meme. Blaming Obama for the debt crisis the tea party occupation forces in Congress caused.

Classic rightwing agitprop.

So you're OK with raising taxes on the rich to make sure our scientific research gets funded? Of course you're not. You're just being dishonest.

His idea, his deal. He thought... and that's what always gets him in trouble.

Tea party members were elected just as Obama and they were not elected to roll over for his wasteful spending. That's why many of them got elected to begin with. He preached compromise and he got it. It just didn't work out like he thought it would. to bad for him, good for America. BTW, the rich did get their taxes increased. So no, no more Obama tax increases, for anybody. And we have plenty of scientific research still funded. You're just being dishonest if you imply otherwise.

Of course the understanding of global warming is all about a money scam. All the industries that would have to change their ways are spending enormous sums to fool the uneducated into thinking it is somehow the real scientists who are making this supposed profit.

Oh...right! There's NO WAY that the global warming movement could be a money scam. Completely impossible...

In 2011, your federal government will spend $10.6 million a day on climate change. Annual expenditures will be about $4 billion on global warming research—now called climate change–despite the fact that there has been no global warming since 1998, says the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), a British educational think tank.

The Black Hole of Global Warming Spending | FrontPage Magazine

Let them move. The sooner we get rid of these leftist policies which stifle innovation the sooner they can come back.

As long as they're all social scientists I got no issues with this.. :)

Tim-

Well, if you made sure all had a lawyer under each arm you'd get support, guaranteed.

Well, if you made sure all had a lawyer under each arm you'd get support, guaranteed.

AMEN brother@!

Tim-

Has anyone considered these are the 20 percent of "scientists" who are not good enough in their fields to get the grants the other 80 percent are getting? My neice is an archaeologist and she seems to have no problem getting grant money.

In the USC - what does this mean? Does it say Uncle Sam can take the ideas the scientists came up with?

A1-S8
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

Back
Top Bottom