• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nearly 180 Democrats join call to end House fetal-tissue probe

So, you buy the idea that PP is cutting up fetuses and selling the parts much like junkyards cut up old cars? Really?

And turning a profit doing it, no less! See, it only costs like ten bucks to harvest tiny, delicate organs and then transport them across the country and still have them be viable for research when they get there. Right? Must be using those USPS flat rate boxes.

The number given in one of those videos was $30-$100 per specimen. People think, somehow, that this is profitable. I don't know what universe these people live in, but in the one I live in, it costs me a hundred bucks to see a physician's assistant for the seventeen seconds it takes to diagnose pink eye.

Dr, walking in: "So, you think you have pink eye?"
Me: "I have pink eye."
Dr, looks at eye for ten seconds, lifts eyelid up, shines in light: "You seem to have pink eye."

No ****. Just give me the stupid eye drops. Oh, that's another hundred bucks isn't it? For a bottle small enough to get lost in my damn wallet.

Hundred bucks. 'Murica.

Last edited:
So, you buy the idea that PP is cutting up fetuses and selling the parts much like junkyards cut up old cars? Really?

Even they admit to doing that. Their only argument is that they don't make a profit on the sale.

Some people still believe that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya, that the US blew up the WTC, that the Earth is only a few thousand years old, that global warming is a hoax, that the moon landing was faked, and that Donald Trump is qualified to be president of the USA.

People tend to believe all sorts of crazy things.

And some people believe that the same people believe all those things, and then post this tripe on a forum.

Indeed. But surely you're aware of the viewpoint that these aren't victims because they aren't people..

I wish you and others would once and for all stop with that "they aren't people" bulls***.

It's legal to execute people and no one ever tried to call them non-people five minutes before the execution to make the act more palatable.

By the same logic, you can drop that crap about babies - which are still inside - being non-people. The sick assholes on the SC made it legal to execute them. Enjoy it but don't tell me these babies are not people.

BTW, if you did to a dog what the abortion "doctors" do legally to those non-people, you would go to prison for cruelty to animals.

I wish you and others would once and for all stop with that "they aren't people" bulls***.

It's legal to execute people and no one ever tried to call them non-people five minutes before the execution to make the act more palatable.

By the same logic, you can drop that crap about babies - which are still inside - being non-people. The sick assholes on the SC made it legal to execute them. Enjoy it but don't tell me these babies are not people.

BTW, if you did to a dog what the abortion "doctors" do legally to those non-people, you would go to prison for cruelty to animals.

A fetus is not a person, too bad!

A fetus is not a person, too bad!

In the land of pro-abortion legalese.

It is very much a person in plain English used by ordinary people who want that baby to come out and give them the joy of their lives.

Women who want that baby killed, like to have it dehumanized into a "fetus", as few pregnant women would appreciate this question:

Are you here to have your future baby cut up, extracted, and harvested for parts for research? With every single word in that sentence true.

Find me one women who a month before delivery said this to her doctor: Is my fetus OK?

Or, while talking to a friend: Hey, I just got my sonogram. Want to see my fetus?

Friend: Is your fetus a boy or a girl? Did you pick a name for your fetus?

Do you realize how totally idiotic and evasive that "fetus" - or "not a person" - is?

Like "bastard" in the past.

Last edited:

I didn't say you agreed with the concept, merely that you're aware of it. Do try and remain calm. This thread isn't about the morality of abortion, there's a subforum specifically to quarantine that useless exercise. This thread is about an investigation into Planned Parenthood, which has proven that no illegal activity took place.

This thread isn't about the morality of abortion, This thread is about an investigation into Planned Parenthood, which has proven that no illegal activity took place.

Who wrote, "But surely you're aware of the viewpoint that these aren't victims because they aren't people."? Was it you?

What does that statement have to do with the post-abortion disposition of the body parts? Nothing.

The only reason why you made it is to justify abortion itself.

So, you made a statement. I commented. Got it?

Medical knowledge can be advanced via such a harvest. Better that than tossed in a bin.

Lovely 'Ends justifies the means' there.
You do realize that this is a typically amoral position / justification for doing something, or allowing something to be done, right?

Who wrote, "But surely you're aware of the viewpoint that these aren't victims because they aren't people."? Was it you?

What does that statement have to do with the post-abortion disposition of the body parts? Nothing.

The only reason why you made it is to justify abortion itself.

So, you made a statement. I commented. Got it?

Context of the post I responded to will help.

Lovely 'Ends justifies the means' there.
You do realize that this is a typically amoral position / justification for doing something, or allowing something to be done, right?

Abortion subforum is for that talk. I was clarifying another poster's statement for you. The last thread on abortion outside the abortion subforum was closed because of these sorts of derails.

Planned Parenthood didn't break the law. I know you don't agree with the laws as they are now, but they are what they are. Do you think investigations should continue?

Abortion subforum is for that talk. I was clarifying another poster's statement for you. The last thread on abortion outside the abortion subforum was closed because of these sorts of derails.

Planned Parenthood didn't break the law. I know you don't agree with the laws as they are now, but they are what they are. Do you think investigations should continue?

I'm ambivalent about the investigations continuing or not.
Suffice it to say that I do believe that PP is skirting both morals and the law by the barest of hair thin margins, purposefully calculated as such, and I have a problem with both of those things. So I'm not really seeing that harm in continuing to uncover PP's misdeeds.

I'm ambivalent about the investigations continuing or not.
Suffice it to say that I do believe that PP is skirting both morals and the law by the barest of hair thin margins, purposefully calculated as such, and I have a problem with both of those things. So I'm not really seeing that harm in continuing to uncover PP's misdeeds.

There's no "skirting." The law says they can't profit from it, and they aren't. They're losing money. Losing money is the opposite of profit.

But hey, I guess you're just fine with long, drawn out, politically-motivated, taxpayer money wasting investigations when it's your guys doing it.

You can't continue to uncover PP's misdeeds because they haven't uncovered one in the first place.

There's no "skirting." The law says they can't profit from it, and they aren't. They're losing money. Losing money is the opposite of profit.

But hey, I guess you're just fine with long, drawn out, politically-motivated, taxpayer money wasting investigations when it's your guys doing it.

You can't continue to uncover PP's misdeeds because they haven't uncovered one in the first place.

Really? Can you quote that law to support your statement?

I am willing to bet that the law bans selling body parts, which is very easy to prove and prosecute, as it would only require showing the transfer of a body part and being paid any money - even a penny.

To prosecute profits from the sale of body parts would force a jury to become expert accountants. To get to the cost part would be a nightmare.

Last edited:
Really? Can you quote that law to support your statement?

I am willing to bet that the law bans selling body parts, which is very easy to prove and prosecute, as it would only require showing the transfer of a body part and being paid any money - even a penny.

To prosecute profits from the sale of body parts would force a jury to become expert accountants. To get to the cost part would be a nightmare.

I was putting it into layman's terms. The law specifically allows for reasonable reimbursement for the expense of harvest and transport of fetal tissue. This disproves your "single penny" notion.

If your notion were correct, the investigation would have been over before it started. PP has never hid the fact that they (used to) get reimbursed.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOD...title42-chap6A-subchapIII-partH-sec289g-2.htm

The prohibition:
(a) Purchase of tissue

It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce.

And the relevant exception:
(3) The term “valuable consideration” does not include reasonable payments associated with the transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control, or storage of human fetal tissue.

The jury doesn't need to be expert accountants. But the prosecutors certainly might need to be!

Last edited:
I was putting it into layman's terms. The law specifically allows for reasonable reimbursement for the expense of harvest and transport of fetal tissue. This disproves your "single penny" notion.

I would avoid layman's terms. We are not kids here.

Even if legally safe, the videos showing the smug and callous PP employees taking about harvesting body parts made me sick.

I would avoid layman's terms. We are not kids here.

Even if legally safe, the videos showing the smug and callous PP employees taking about harvesting body parts made me sick.

It is legally safe. Unless you think $100 is "unreasonable" for expert dissection, storage, and transportation of biological samples. As I pointed out before, it cost me a hundred bucks to see a doctor for two minutes to "diagnose" the pink eye that I already knew I had.

"Smug" and "callous" are projections caused by your previously-mentioned hatred of baby killers. People talking in an identical fashion in any other context wouldn't have bothered you.

If you truly are pro abortion,
if you want to see as many abortions performed as possible,
then by all means, fight to defund Planned Parenthood.

They do more to lower the numbers of unplanned pregnancies, and therefore the numbers of abortions, than any amount of leaping and hooting about "baby killers" could ever do.

I'll freely admit.. its threads like this that makes it embarrassing to admit that I am a member of the republican party.

We have far too many uneducated, unthinking, right wing liberals in our party.

They do more to lower the numbers of unplanned pregnancies, and therefore the numbers of abortions, than any amount of leaping and hooting about "baby killers" could ever do.

Please stop with using facts, and logic.. you are going to make some heads explode.

Have all the abortions you want, just dont use tax dollars to fund them

Why do you want people to hide the truth? Legally, they are not people and that is a FACT.

No, you wouldn't. It's totally legal to have your dog's (and any animal's) pregnancy terminated.

Back
Top Bottom