• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't even matter...the fact that 1 in 5 believes it tells you we are a nation comprised more than few idiots.

It does when someone throws out a flawed and ignorant statement slamming a group of people without evidence.

I still don't know why a politicians religious beliefs have anything to do with their office.

Nothing. First, you really can't know a mans heart. The most good liars will always look more someting than honest people will. So, you can't ever really know. Second, it really holds no meaning as the job will require a certain respect for all. He represents allm of us and not just Chrisitans. Not to mention the job can be done well without holding any recognized faith.

In other words, I agree.

WTF!!! Racist or Not, How many Muslim goes to a Christian worship service for 20 years? USe your brain for once. Lets get the facts right, people were calling him a Muslim before he even took oath. I'm saying it now, anyone who thinks that he not a citizen or he is a Muslim is either 2 things:

A complete dumb *** or a racist a**hole !!!!

This is getting ridiculous...

how can someone who questions citizenship or religious beliefs be labeled a racist?.........you sound like the complete dumb***

Ikari said:
I still don't know why a politicians religious beliefs have anything to do with their office.

Because of the former president of 2001-2009.

It shows that the religious fringe has a lasting and often detrimental effect. Saddam Hussein was a sectarian with very little religious followings, but Bush convinced the masses that he was an evil Muslim bent on wiping the USA off the map. Saddam Hussein - the same guy we funded during Iran/Contra.

The only real problem is that it's impossible to convince mainstream America that while radical Islam is obviously very bad, radical Christianity isn't exactly sunshine and rainbows.

how can someone who questions citizenship or religious beliefs be labeled a racist?.........you sound like the complete dumb***

in his defense, although i can't prove it.....i'll bet that most of the people who believe he is muslim are also racist. that ignorance goes hand in hand.

Moderator's Warning:
The namecalling needs to end

And dont talk about Rev. Jeremiah Wright!

Thats wrong and its racist.

Rev. Wright is pro-HAMAS, stands against the evil Zionists and preaches a color-separate "Black Sharia Law", which is love and tolerance toward all.

Rev. Wright is a warm, wonderful human being.

Who knows and respects Louis Farrakhan, a wonderful man, a beautiful man, an engaging man of incredible charm.

There is no need to bring Rev. Wright, his comments about Israel, the U.S. and "those Jews" into this discussion.

Although Obama spent 20 years at Rev. Wrights "church", he did not learn anything, hear anything or say anything; in fact, our President was ASLEEP while in church those 20 years ...

WTF!!! Racist or Not, How many Muslim goes to a Christian worship service for 20 years? USe your brain for once. Lets get the facts right, people were calling him a Muslim before he even took oath. I'm saying it now, anyone who thinks that he not a citizen or he is a Muslim is either 2 things:

A complete dumb *** or a racist a**hole !!!!

This is getting ridiculous...

I do not call what Reverend Wright did and spoke as Christian I call it hate speech. Obama claimed he didn't hear that in 20 years that is why Obama is not believable.

The Racist here are Wright and Obama

The results of this poll are alarming. It's kind of hard to believe that there are that many paranoid and ignorant people in this country. Though, just for the sake of argument...let's say he is Muslim. And...? Who gives a ****?

:prof Those aren't his policies on mulsims, they are his policies on detaining enemy combatants.

I'm not sure how you got those two things confused.

It is his policy on Muslim terrorist that killed US citizens

Obama, well, I don't know what he's suppose to be . . . I don't believe that sitting in a pew at church *makes* you a Christian - just like sitting in a seat at school *makes* you a good student :shrug: Standing in front of a class doesn't "make" you a teacher . . . you have to fulfill the role.

I think, honestly, the majority of people who claim ___ religion don't actually live up to being ___.

So this is likely a case of pot meet kettle.

This is dumb ****.

1. The klan are church goers.

2. Nothing about closing Gitmo and trying terrorist is sign of being Muslim. That's just a silly conclusion.

3. What anyone does about Iranian nukes says nothing about their faith. Ignorant to think it would. Second, Christians turn the other cheek, fear no evil, and don't torture.

That doesn't make the Klan Christians.

Wanting to treat the terrorists as civilians shows his favoritism toward these Muslims. They should be in military prisons and military courts

It is his policy on Muslim terrorist that killed US citizens

:prof It's his policy on enemy combatants. That they are muslim is of no import. It is not a policy towards "muslims". The only way one could make the assertion that it is a "Muslim policy" would be if they thought all muslims were terrorists. Is that what you think?

That doesn't make the Klan Christians.

Wanting to treat the terrorists as civilians shows his favoritism toward these Muslims. They should be in military prisons and military courts

No it doesn't, which points to the error in your thinking. I thought this was clear.

And no, you reach the wrong conclusion yet again. It is a distrubing conclusion both in its lack of logic and prejudicial generalization it seems to present.

And dont talk about Rev. Jeremiah Wright!

Thats wrong and its racist.

Rev. Wright is pro-HAMAS, stands against the evil Zionists and preaches a color-separate "Black Sharia Law", which is love and tolerance toward all.

Rev. Wright is a warm, wonderful human being.

Who knows and respects Louis Farrakhan, a wonderful man, a beautiful man, an engaging man of incredible charm.

There is no need to bring Rev. Wright, his comments about Israel, the U.S. and "those Jews" into this discussion.

Although Obama spent 20 years at Rev. Wrights "church", he did not learn anything, hear anything or say anything; in fact, our President was ASLEEP while in church those 20 years ...

Wright is racist. Sharia law are you saying Obama and Wright are Muslim?

Wright was also a close friend and advisor to Obama

Wright is racist. Sharia law are you saying Obama and Wright are Muslim?

Wright was also a close friend and advisor to Obama

I sensed some ooozing sarcasm.

Face palms, this study is quite alarming I tend to agree with people that say we have a lot of people who don't do proper research, or they just buy all the nonsense that is spewed out by the extremist of both parties. Its funny to see that the conspiracy nutters go ape **** over this they make the real conspiracy theorist like myself look bad.

Last edited:
Depends if he is more tolerant of one religion than others

Well we never seem concerned about it if the politician is Christian. And in reality it doesn't matter since they can't actually make laws against particular religions which are not acting in a criminal manner. He can be more "tolerant" of one religion; but legally can't do anything about it. And why is this not a problem if the politician is Christian? Seems like maybe a bit of the ol' double standard.

Still at the same accord, it's kinda nice. I mean, here's a black man who is thought by some to be a Muslim and he became our President. Like to see something like that happen in France.

These folk were asked a question, the answer of which would be their personal opinion.
There is in fact only one person who knows the truth and that would be obama, anyone else's opinion is just that 'An opinion', no one who posts on here has any idea of the veracity of this, all you have is the same as those other folk have, namely an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom