• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Nea

Arthur Fonzarelli

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
not sure if this is the best place for this debate...

Excerpt from the anti-Christian play "Corpus Christi," staged in an NEA (National Endowment for the Arts)-funded club in New York City:

Joseph: - Mary!
Mary: --- If you're the son of God what does that make me?
Voice: - - The mother of the son of God.
Mary: --- I don't know if I can do this.
Joseph: - G--damn it, Mary. I'm giving you till three. 1..2..3.
Mary: --- I'm sorry.
Joseph: - You stupid piece of sh--, you f------ cow. (Baby crying)
Mary: --- Just don't hit me again.
Joseph: - Just don't hit you again, is that what you said, just don't f------ hit you again, is that what you said! (This is repeated several times as Joseph beats Mary.)
Joseph: - F--- this sh--!

[Your tax dollars at work.]
(Excerpt was enclosed with a solicitation letter from Barbara Wheeler, executive director, America's Prayer Network, PO Box 98214, Washington, DC 20090-8214.)

http://www.youdontsay.org/What2000.htm

Is the NEA even necessary? I don't think it's worth our tax dollars. This is just one reason why.

Any pictures of Mohammed?...

I agree that the NEA is a waste of money. I cringe at the idea of the government appropriating funds based on how inoffensive artwork is; better to just get rid of it entirely.

Back
Top Bottom