• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NC Sheriff new security measures - locking up AR's inside school for officers

In this case, there are no bears inside classrooms in the lower 48. I personally would never use it where you live but inside an enclosed space it would certainly have an effect on a human. As I stated earlier, it would be better than nothing, but a firearm is still the best option when confronting a shooter.
Bear spray is even less effective than using CS gas, which wasn't effective at stopping anyone who was intent on killing others. There is only one way to deal with someone intent on shooting up schools, and that is to kill them as quickly as possible. Not to coddle them and treat the mass murderer as if they were somehow the victim, like leftist pieces of shit do all the time.

You don't create arsenals in schools. Either an armed individual or the police need to take out the shooter immediately. Not wait around eating donuts and drinking coffee for 40 minutes like the spineless cowards in Texas, but actually act without hesitation and kill the shooter.

I don't think that is how it usually goes. It is not about the kid with the gun, it is about the teacher taking immediate action. And teachers are not trained military or police.
I don't think anyone is proposing that untrained staff be allowed or asked to take up arms against an intruder. If a particular staff member isn't the first person shot at, then they've got a warning to start to take action.

Bear spray is even less effective than using CS gas, which wasn't effective at stopping anyone who was intent on killing others. There is only one way to deal with someone intent on shooting up schools, and that is to kill them as quickly as possible. Not to coddle them and treat the mass murderer as if they were somehow the victim, like leftist pieces of shit do all the time.

You don't create arsenals in schools. Either an armed individual or the police need to take out the shooter immediately. Not wait around eating donuts and drinking coffee for 40 minutes like the spineless cowards in Texas, but actually act without hesitation and kill the shooter.
I'm aware of bear spray and its lack of incapacitation and have already stated as much.

Having a safe with an AR and some ammo is hardly an arsenal. It is a cache, staging point or whatever you prefer to call it. Once again, this is merely an option for an officer to access a more powerful tool if need be. Nothing more, nothing less. Getting them to act in a timely manner is another matter entirely.

I'm aware of bear spray and its lack of incapacitation and have already stated as much.

Having a safe with an AR and some ammo is hardly an arsenal. It is a cache, staging point or whatever you prefer to call it. Once again, this is merely an option for an officer to access a more powerful tool if need be. Nothing more, nothing less. Getting them to act in a timely manner is another matter entirely.
You don't think the police are already armed? Why would they need such a pathetically weak weapon when they already have better firearms in their squad cars more capable of doing the job? It is a moronic idea and opens schools up to the possibility of even more damage and theft as people try to steal the unguarded weapon safe from the school.

You don't think the police are already armed? Why would they need such a pathetically weak weapon when they already have better firearms in their squad cars more capable of doing the job? It is a moronic idea and opens schools up to the possibility of even more damage and theft as people try to steal the unguarded weapon safe from the school.
I can't believe this is so hard. Yes, police are equipped with and carry their service pistol and almost always a smaller backup pistol. The guns being proposed for the safes are the same guns they already carry in their cars. School officers are not walking around with a slung rifle so there's a good chance they may be closer to the safe than their car should they ever need to access more firepower. Good grief you'd have better success getting an AR by randomly breaking into cars than cracking a safe.

I can't believe this is so hard. Yes, police are equipped with and carry their service pistol and almost always a smaller backup pistol. The guns being proposed for the safes are the same guns they already carry in their cars. School officers are not walking around with a slung rifle so there's a good chance they may be closer to the safe than their car should they ever need to access more firepower. Good grief you'd have better success getting an AR by randomly breaking into cars than cracking a safe.
They also commonly carry shotguns and even rifles. They may even have AR-15s in the trunk of their squad car, but I suspect that if given a choice they would prefer a better rifle, like the Remington Model 700.

There shouldn't even be "school officers." There wasn't when I went to school. That is yet another form of leftist stupidity, like their stupid "gun free zones" advertisements. If teachers cannot handle children, they have no business being teachers. That is simply pathetic. Every "school officer" should be fired and their salary divided among the teachers. If they can't teach children discipline and create order in their own classroom, why would anyone consider them to be a teacher?

Who ever accused criminals of being intelligent? All they need to know is that there is an unguarded safe in schools that contains several hundred dollars worth of firearms. That is more than sufficient motive for some idiots to give it a try.

I don't think that is how it usually goes. It is not about the kid with the gun, it is about the teacher taking immediate action. And teachers are not trained military or police.
I can think of a few situations where it was all about the lunatic kid with a gun and the teacher just ended up dead. Also why are trained military and police not teachers. I've known of a few ex-police and ex-military and one of those were Army ex-special forces that became teachers.

I can think of a few situations where it was all about the lunatic kid with a gun and the teacher just ended up dead. Also why are trained military and police not teachers. I've known of a few ex-police and ex-military and one of those were Army ex-special forces that became teachers.
In school year 2019–20, there were 3.2 million teachers in public schools

27 school shootings have taken place so far this year

Do you have a link to that number of school shootings?

I completely agree, and in such situations there is very little anyone could do. A motivated lunatic, of any age, with a firearm can do a great deal of harm before they are stopped. Most normal people, however, recognize that there are an astronomically small number of lunatics with firearms. The insane leftist filth (and it is always the left), however, only have one objective, and that is to completely disarm the masses. So reality means absolutely nothing to them.

As Benito Mussolini put it in his Fascist Manifesto, "Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State." So it becomes imperative that the masses be disarmed first. Only the government is allowed to be armed.

So you want less deadly weapons in a hands of security when they're trying to kill a shooter who's blowing off little kids faces?

Wow
I want the least deadly weapons in schools, of course I do. I don't need more dead, just the shooting stopped.

Why do you insist on the highest body count possible? That's pretty disgusting.

Here's the rub. If the school officer is is aware of shooting or sees a possible event about to unfold what does he do does he head toward it or to some gun safe on the other side of the school? I'd like to think they would head toward the gunfire or what looked to become gunfire readying their sidearm.

Right And your guns laws work too...

and John Lennon is still alive and aliens ate my homework

Locked up?

You really think that's a 100% sure way to ensure that NO ONE but cops gets in there

The Easter Bunny died of cancer and Santa Claus is child molester
You're gonna be really scared when you find out the weapons cops store in their cars and in police stations. Like, no way those things don't get into the hands of kids.

I want the least deadly weapons in schools, of course I do. I don't need more dead, just the shooting stopped.

so you don't want police/security to carry pistols?

are you okay with open carry?

And 98,000 some odd hundred schools. So a piddling amount really.

Give every teacher a taser. Not only could it potentially be used to stop a school shooter, but it could also bring order to an unruly classroom. ;)

By the way, never use bear spray against an aggressive bear, unless you have a death wish.
Tell us you've never trained with or carried or used a Taser, without telling us you've never trained with, carried or used a Taser...

so you don't want police/security to carry pistols?

are you okay with open carry?
I'd prefer they didnt in schools.

I'm fine with licensed open carry. Statistically those people are the least likely to commit crimes, far below the levels licensed police officers do.

Tell us you've never trained with or carried or used a Taser, without telling us you've never trained with, carried or used a Taser...
As suspected, the whole concept of the winking smiley-face was completely lost on you. Why am I not surprised? :LOL:

Other than Uvalde, six of the remaining 26 school shootings had fatalities; one at each shooting. In about 100 days of school this year, over 130,000 K-12 schools, for 13,000,000 school-days of opportunities.

Two of the 27 were accidents. Some occurred after school hours or on days when no students were in attendance.

Most of the shootings appear to be gang related.

So no handguns?

I'd prefer they didnt in schools.

I'm fine with licensed open carry. Statistically those people are the least likely to commit crimes, far below the levels licensed police officers do.
so you want, when a shooter starts shooting little kids faces off, for the security guy to have to run all the way to the office (which could be on the other end of the school), enter in the combination (maybe with someone else's approval), get the guns, run all the way back to the scene and then start shooting?

hell, all the kids would be dead by then.

Other than Uvalde, six of the remaining 26 school shootings had fatalities; one at each shooting. In about 100 days of school this year, over 130,000 K-12 schools, for 13,000,000 school-days of opportunities.

Two of the 27 were accidents. Some occurred after school hours or on days when no students were in attendance.

Most of the shootings appear to be gang related.
Yes. It seems that arming teachers with firearms and training them well is not the correct solution.

so you want, when a shooter starts shooting little kids faces off, for the security guy to have to run all the way to the office

They will be armed already with handguns. The rifles are an option, not the only option.

(which could be on the other end of the school), enter in the combination (maybe with someone else's approval), get the guns, run all the way back to the scene and then start shooting?

hell, all the kids would be dead by then.
Your scenario is improbable.

Back
Top Bottom