• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NC Republican House Member, a Vocal Mask Opponent, Has COVID Symptoms

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I truly can not believe how dumb people will be to own the libs.
and now he's asking for "prayers." :::eyeroll:::

Looks like he has his freedumb to die. RiP

a cached copy to avoid popups:

Rep. Keith Kidwell has symptoms associated with COVID-19, one of his Republican House colleagues said Thursday.

Kidwell posted on Facebook this week that his wife is hospitalized with COVID. He asked for prayers for her.

Rep. Larry Pittman, a Concord Republican, read a message from Kidwell on the House floor Thursday. “My fever seems to have gone. Just walking to the bathroom is exhausting.”

Kidwell and Pittman could not be reached by phone Thursday.

COVID-19 cases caused by the highly transmissible Delta variant are spiking in the state. The state Department of Health and Human Services reported 5,900 new cases Thursday. One month ago, the state reported a one-day total of just 562 new cases.

Kidwell has been vocally opposed to wearing masks in the pandemic and also opposes mask mandates. During a floor debate last year, he said he would not wear a mask, no matter what the governor said. A Facebook photo of his swearing-in shows him maskless in the height of the pandemic last winter.

At a legislative meeting this year, Kidwell also questioned COVID-19 vaccines.

“The governor cannot force one to take an injection of any type into their body,” Kidwell said. “It’s all about freedom, people.”

And now you're being helped by the people you attacked for asking you to wear a mask and vaccinate. Disgusting Trumpist.

Here's what I say, you are reaping what you have sown. As far as I'm concerned if you are unvaccinated and covid finds you, go off somewhere and die. You are taking the beds away from other people who won't be dying. I'm fed up with these folks who refuse to get vaccinated and once they get covid want all kinds of help to save their miserable asses. Screw them.

“The governor cannot force one to take an injection of any type into their body,” Kidwell said. “It’s all about freedom, people.”

And now you're being helped by the people you attacked for asking you to wear a mask and vaccinate. Disgusting Trumpist.
yup

and the hospitals and Drs and nurses that have to deal with all the dumbassery (after this guy recovers) will still have to deal with all the dumassery.

every
single
day

Kidwell deliberately got breathed on by infected covidiots, I believe.

Although I do not believe in "God," I pray for the gentleman and his wife.

Some day we will know whether the gentleman was right or wrong regarding the efficacy of masks.

He was stupid, meaning he could not learn from facts.

However: I hope he recovers quickly.

I said a prayer for him. Best wishes for a full recovery.

I truly can not believe how dumb people will be to own the libs.
and now he's asking for "prayers." :::eyeroll:::

Looks like he has his freedumb to die. RiP

a cached copy to avoid popups:
The only people I'm praying for are the people he's come in contact with, and likely not all of them. He can reap what he has sown.

Back
Top Bottom