• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NC congressman apologizes for behavior on video

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
NC congressman apologizes for behavior on video - Yahoo! News

Quote(RALEIGH, N.C. – A Democratic congressman apologized Monday after video posted online showed him swatting at a video camera and demanding that two men taping him identify themselves.

"I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction an I apologize to all involved," Rep. Bob Etheridge said in a statement. "No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response.")

I wonder whether this Congressman apologized because of the fact that the video showing him assaulting this man became so Public OR is he genuinely sorry.

In my own mind I think it was the former reason.

I do have 2 questions,
1) Will the man he assaulted take this any further as in having Etheridge charged with assault? and
2) Will Congress simply let this incident slide.

My guess is that the man who was assaulted will probably not take any action and I would guess that those who run what passes for an ethics committee in Congress will also take no action.
Be interested in other folks point of view.

I agree with your predictions.

I did hear a funny observation to this today...

So an Arizona officer can't ask a suspect for identification, but a Congressman can demand it of a US citizen.

Back
Top Bottom