• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NBC's Savannah Guthrie Interrupts Trump 61 Times At Town Hall

Savannah Guthrie is not a neutral entity. Her husband is a Democratic party communications consultant. He was at one point Al Gore's campaign chief of staff, he had ties to the Clinton campaign too.

Trump made her look like the political hack partisan correspondent that she is. She was pretty rude and disrespectful the entire time---- she only made her side look worse, and Trump look better.
You claim that Guthrie is not neutral, then go on to talk about her husband?

Are you trying to say that because her husband is involved in Democratic politics, that Guthrie shares his views, or that because of her husband’s work, she is incapable of being impartial?

I can think of at least two very prominent couples in D.C. that would take offense to those notions.

And as for how others are viewing Guthrie’s performance, confronting the Liar-in-Chief’s attempts to spew even more harmful lies, she is rightfully nearly universally being praised.

Deplorables are losing it...again.

Watch the first half hour of the town hall. She interrupts constantly, nearly every 5 seconds, and doesn't allow Trump to finish a sentence.

Interesting how people are already claiming the interrupting is justified when the person speaking is "lying."

Yet Trump is a monster for interrupting Biden when he was lying.

That was the same routine they gave Barr at his hearing. What a bunch of scumbags.

More interesting in debating Trump, than allowing questions from town hall members, NBC's Savannah Guthrie stepped on every answer Trump gave at their town hall last night, interrupting Trump a total of 61 times.

When Trump behaved like this, constantly interrupting Biden in the first Presidential Debate, the liberal media was enraged, acting like Trump's behavior was monstrous.

"I was so upset after the presidential and vice presidential debates, I couldn't sleep," a friend told me on a Zoom call. "I'm going to have PTSD!" The tenor of both faceoffs deeply disturbed me, as well. In watching the debates, many of us cringed, particularly as President Donald Trump continually interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden. We felt as if he were directly attacking our deepest values -- our trust in democracy, fairness, common decency and respect for others."

Savannah Guthrie exhibited the exact same behavior, perhaps with the exception that she put a smile on her face while she was doing it, and this was the NYT headline...

Do Democrats have any real values?

So Trump attempted to lie 61 times and was cut off. Ok, good. How often does Biden expose himself to ad lib scrutiny?
To sum it up, 2 old dudes. Be proud, America, be very proud.

You claim that Guthrie is not neutral, then go on to talk about her husband?

Are you trying to say that because her husband is involved in Democratic politics, that Guthrie shares his views, or that because of her husband’s work, she is incapable of being impartial?

I can think of at least two very prominent couples in D.C. that would take offense to those notions.

And as for how others are viewing Guthrie’s performance, confronting the Liar-in-Chief’s attempts to spew even more harmful lies, she is rightfully nearly universally being praised.

Really, the Guardian, AP News, and Newsweek are going to be your proof? Why not at Vox, The Atlantic, BBC, Al Jezeera, and Mother Jones articles too?

You do understand that "universal" means everyone right? Not just a super majority of your own partisans.

Savannah Guthrie actually boosted Donald Trump because Trump didn't back down to her proxy partisan arguments. She didn't knock him out in the ring, so he ends up looking like a winner for surviving all the rounds and all the punches thrown at him.

So Trump attempted to lie 61 times and was cut off. Ok, good. How often does Biden expose himself to ad lib scrutiny?
To sum it up, 2 old dudes. Be proud, America, be very proud.
Biden and Wallace attempted to lie 128 times and were cut off.

Pick or choose. The bully card, or the victim card?

Savannah Guthrie actually boosted Donald Trump because Trump didn't back down to her proxy partisan arguments. She didn't knock him out in the ring, so he ends up looking like a winner for surviving all the rounds and all the punches thrown at him.
Right, I’m seeing a lot of positive comments online and from focus group members indicating that viewers thought Trump handled himself well, and he related extremely well to the questioners.

Guthrie basically intensely vetted him, and it’s possible he won over some NBC viewers, who needed assurance that the liberal media was lying about his stance on preexisting conditions, his statement about Charlottesville, etc.

As far as ABC using former Obama speech writers as “undecided town hall questioners,” we’ll see what the public thinks of all that.

Biden and Wallace attempted to lie 128 times and were cut off.

Pick or choose. The bully card, or the victim card?
Prove your positive claims .1) Biden and Wallace attempted ( laughable ) to lie 128 times. 2) They were cut off. No proof = asinine positive claims being summarily dismissed.

Savannah Guthrie is not a neutral entity. Her husband is a Democratic party communications consultant. He was at one point Al Gore's campaign chief of staff, he had ties to the Clinton campaign too.

Trump made her look like the political hack partisan correspondent that she is. She was pretty rude and disrespectful the entire time---- she only made her side look worse, and Trump look better.
Careful now, Kelly Ann is going to take offense.

Right, I’m seeing a lot of positive comments online and from focus group members indicating that viewers thought Trump handled himself well, and he related extremely well to the questioners.

Guthrie basically intensely vetted him, and it’s possible he won over some NBC viewers, who needed assurance that the liberal media was lying about his stance on preexisting conditions, his statement about Charlottesville, etc.

As far as ABC using former Obama speech writers as “undecided town hall questioners,” we’ll see what the public thinks of all that.
I'm seeing the polls moving in Biden's favor with 2 1/2 weeks til Voting Day. And Trump continues to lose even more of the women and older people's vote. It appears more and more are coming out to admit they made a mistake voting for Trump. This is shaping up to be a massacre of epic proportions.

Prove your positive claims .1) Biden and Wallace attempted ( laughable ) to lie 128 times. 2) They were cut off. No proof = asinine positive claims being summarily dismissed.
I notice you didn’t ask the poster I quoted to prove that Trump attempted (laughable) to lie 61 times.

Hypocrisy = credibility shot.

I'm seeing the polls moving in Biden's favor with 2 1/2 weeks til Voting Day. And Trump continues to lose even more of the women and older people's vote. It appears more and more are coming out to admit they made a mistake voting for Trump. This is shaping up to be a massacre of epic proportions.
Polls moving in Biden’s favor?

Check RCP. Florida in particular.

I notice you didn’t ask the poster I quoted to prove that Trump attempted (laughable) to lie 61 times.

Hypocrisy = credibility shot.
Actually you attempted to deflect and failed in that effort. I can now assume you can't meet your Burden of Proof and have conceded you lost the argument.

Polls moving in Biden’s favor?

Check RCP. Florida in particular.
Yes. Polls moving in Biden's favor as he remains calm, cool, coherent while Trump continues to piss and moan about moderation and stoops to demeaning a female moderator. Such desperation.

Yes. Polls moving in Biden's favor as he remains calm, cool, coherent while Trump continues to piss and moan about moderation and stoops to demeaning a female moderator. Such desperation.
You do know that he angrily lashed out at a CBS reporter today, when finally asked about his son.

It’s easy to be calm when the people asking you questions worked for your former boss.

And lol “coherent”?

You do know that he angrily lashed out at a CBS reporter today, when finally asked about his son.

It’s easy to be calm when the people asking you questions worked for your former boss.

And lol “coherent”?
Trump yells at clouds all day/every day because he's losing the election because he lied about COVID to Americans. Trump is nuts, and even republicans are lashing out at his Anti-American blatherings.

Here's how calm, cool, and coherent Joe was today when a CBS reporter finally asked him about his son's business dealings in the Ukraine, and whether he lied to the American people about his knowledge of it...

Back
Top Bottom