• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NBC's Savannah Guthrie Interrupts Trump 61 Times At Town Hall

More interesting in debating Trump, than allowing questions from town hall members, NBC's Savannah Guthrie stepped on every answer Trump gave at their town hall last night, interrupting Trump a total of 61 times.

Pretty standard though, this is why they shouldnt choose 'journalists' to be moderators. They think they are more important than their customers.

So you admit Trump was telling lies last night. The moderator had to step in. lol.
Is that the job of the moderator? I thought it was to control who is speaking. A moderator is not a judge of what the people speaking are saying. At best, they might interpret the question being asked in case it was confusing.

Is that the job of the moderator? I thought it was to control who is speaking. A moderator is not a judge of what the people speaking are saying. At best, they might interpret the question being asked in case it was confusing.
Trump and the moderator were the only speakers.
One of the roles of a moderator is to keep the participant from going off track. Trump does that a lot.

It's not if it's the moderator and the person in question is giving a falsehood.

It's not acceptable for two debaters to be interrupting one another.

Savannah was not debating Trump, she was moderating and thus has the duty of correcting lies or challenging the person in question.
The Hell she wasn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The purpose of a townhall is to allow the voters to ask the questions. But that is not what snarling Savanah did. She instead allowed herself to ask 43 questions . Trump only received 10 questions from the voters. That fellow poster is what you call a bona fide hack.

Last edited:
More interesting in debating Trump, than allowing questions from town hall members, NBC's Savannah Guthrie stepped on every answer Trump gave at their town hall last night, interrupting Trump a total of 61 times.

When Trump behaved like this, constantly interrupting Biden in the first Presidential Debate, the liberal media was enraged, acting like Trump's behavior was monstrous.

"I was so upset after the presidential and vice presidential debates, I couldn't sleep," a friend told me on a Zoom call. "I'm going to have PTSD!" The tenor of both faceoffs deeply disturbed me, as well. In watching the debates, many of us cringed, particularly as President Donald Trump continually interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden. We felt as if he were directly attacking our deepest values -- our trust in democracy, fairness, common decency and respect for others."

Savannah Guthrie exhibited the exact same behavior, perhaps with the exception that she put a smile on her face while she was doing it, and this was the NYT headline...

Do Democrats have any real values?

Savannah Guthrie is not a candidate.

And if you have to interrupt a pathological liar in order to correct his frequent lies, well......

Sixty-one call outs of his lies was the best anyone could do and it still fell short of the number of lies Dirtbag spewed out.

Not in the case of the first debate, when the liberal media whined that Biden was the victim, and Trump was bullying him.

Whined? Not exactly.

Trump owned the first debate, which was his plan.

But his act has no new material and relies on BS, racism and fear mongering for its content. This is getting pretty stale.

Trump‘s plan was to bluster and shout his way. through the debate.

All Biden had to do was stand there and watch Trump try and bully his way through. He was quite pleased with himself afterwards, too.

Until the polls came in.

It was obvious that Trump intended to do that to Savannah Guthrie. She wouldn’t let him.

Has anyone identified the bobble head strategically seated behind Dirtbag who constantly nodded on cue for just about every lie? Did she ever get to ask a question?

Pretty standard though, this is why they shouldnt choose 'journalists' to be moderators. They think they are more important than their customers.
I know it must be hard to see your Dear Dirtbag get called out for lie after lie but this was the format that Dirtbag agreed to and, of course, whined about as the big ***** he is.

Oh, the humanity.......

HNLGABA2GVH55KJTKT6HINC3FQ.jpg

Could see how not allowing him to spew lies would trigger the cult.

XURIZ4MRI5ATXMXOCXBDP7QKZE.jpg

I know it must be hard to see your Dear Dirtbag get called out for lie after lie but this was the format that Dirtbag agreed to and, of course, whined about as the big ***** he is.
And like I stated above a townhall is designed for the voters to ask the questions. Snarling Savanah peppered one question after another for the first 20 some minutes of a one hour debate before Trump was even given an opportunity to take a question from the audience. The only thing the moderator proved last night is that she is a hack.

And like I stated above a townhall is designed for the voters to ask the questions. Snarling Savanah peppered one question after another for the first 20 some minutes of a one hour debate before Trump was even given an opportunity to take a question from the audience. The only thing the moderator proved last night is that she is a hack.

Opinions vary

Trumpers have very different opinions

When Trump behaved like this, constantly interrupting Biden in the first Presidential Debate, the liberal media was enraged, acting like Trump's behavior was monstrous.

"I was so upset after the presidential and vice presidential debates, I couldn't sleep," a friend told me on a Zoom call. "I'm going to have PTSD!" The tenor of both faceoffs deeply disturbed me, as well. In watching the debates, many of us cringed, particularly as President Donald Trump continually interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden. We felt as if he were directly attacking our deepest values -- our trust in democracy, fairness, common decency and respect for others."

Savannah Guthrie exhibited the exact same behavior, perhaps with the exception that she put a smile on her face while she was doing it, and this was the NYT headline...

I don’t think she broke Trump’s record though.

Wow, a lot of instant anger here. And wiseass sarcasm.

Interesting, not the behavior of someone who is confident about his own candidate's lead.

Apparently, what Biden's campaign manager is claiming is correct. His own internal polling shows a much tighter race.

Wow you got instant anger out of that? And a lack of confidence in my candidate? Sure you're not projecting?

I was chuckling remember?

Has anyone identified the bobble head strategically seated behind Dirtbag who constantly nodded on cue for just about every lie? Did she ever get to ask a question?

I was wondering that myself.

I don’t think she broke Trump’s record though.

Not even close!

Remember when he blustered and interrupted his way to a government shutdown?

I was wondering that myself.
Mayra Joli. This is who she is:

Many of the interruptions that happened during the presidential debate were during periods when the candidates were supposed to be given the opportunity to answer a question, uninterrupted. Trump broke the rules and tried to bully Biden. The interruptions during this "town hall" were part of a conversation, and I think Guthrie gave the president the opportunity to answer the questions asked, and I think she needed to make those interruptions in order to move the conversation forward.

What I don't understand is, why was she asking questions in the first place? I watched the first 15 minutes and it seemed more like an interview than a town hall format. I jumped a head just to see if other people asked questions later, but it didn't seem like it. I guess it's possible that she was asking questions for the audience, but they all sounded scripted to me.

Mayra Joli. This is who she is:

No doubt her placement was strategically worked out as a prop. I didn't watch much of Dirtbag's schtick. Did she get a question? From your link:
Joli describes her political beliefs on her Twitter page as being Republican-affiliated and “always conservative.” Joli says that she is a “former Democrat.”

In 2018, Joli ran for the congressional seat of retiring Miami Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen’s. Joli ran as an independent and won 2.5% of the vote. The election was eventually won by Democrat Donna Shalala.
I don't know why rightwingers like her keep trying that idiotic "used to be a Dem" meme. It's such a hackneyed "tell" for someone who never was but thinks it gives them some kind of credibility.

Ordinarily, I might agree with criticizing a media person for challenging a political candidate’s statements however, at this point, when Americans are literally dying as a result of Trump’s constant lying, I loudly applaud Guthrie’s challenges/comments, and would like to see others in the media and Trump’s party (ex; Ben Sasse) do more of the same.

Wow, a lot of instant anger here. And wiseass sarcasm.

Interesting, not the behavior of someone who is confident about his own candidate's lead.

Apparently, what Biden's campaign manager is claiming is correct. His own internal polling shows a much tighter race.

I'll bet. Did anyone mention the Hunter email/hard drive thing in the Trump debate? I watched the Biden softball fest- boring and stupid as hell.

I'll bet. Did anyone mention the Hunter email/hard drive thing in the Trump debate? I watched the Biden softball fest- boring and stupid as hell.

Didn't watch either for very long, but I'm nearly 100% sure Trump mentioned in some way shape or form.

Isn't the OP vid an edited vid.?

I watched for a bit of Trump's townhall last night. Yes, the moderator interrupted at times. Mostly when Trump told a lie or was not giving a direct answer to a question
You don't understand. Much as "Macbeth hath murdered sleep" according to Lady Macbeth, Trump hath murdered truth. It's dead to him. So any corrections of his lies or noting his refusal to answer questions are bad journalism, and his followers recognize that bad faith and emphasize it. Given Trump's approach, it is guaranteed that this will happen over and over again:

- "Have you assaulted women?"
- "I had the biggest crowd anyone ever has."
- "You didn't answer the question"
- "Why are you such an enemy of the people?

See how it goes.

Then again, maybe this will change when the audit is finished.

You don't understand. Much as "Macbeth hath murdered sleep" according to Lady Macbeth, Trump hath murdered truth. It's dead to him. So any corrections of his lies or noting his refusal to answer questions are bad journalism, and his followers recognize that bad faith and emphasize it. Given Trump's approach, it is guaranteed that this will happen over and over again:

- "Have you assaulted women?"
- "I had the biggest crowd anyone ever has."
- "You didn't answer the question"
- "Why are you such an enemy of the people?

See how it goes.

Then again, maybe this will change when the audit is finished.
☆☆☆☆☆ -- for best Shakespearean analogy (so far today, at least)

Back
Top Bottom