• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NBC's Savannah Guthrie Interrupts Trump 61 Times At Town Hall

Lol this was the exact reason Trump kept continually having to interrupt Biden, and Wallace.

Yet the liberal media acted horrified at Trump's behavior.
Because they wouldn't let trump tell the truth? Is that what you're saying? Trump is a jerk, he acted like a jerk at the debate and he continues to act like a jerk. He's immune ya' know and he saved suburbia. So please like him. Jerk.

Watch the first half hour of the town hall. She interrupts constantly, nearly every 5 seconds, and doesn't allow Trump to finish a sentence.

Interesting how people are already claiming the interrupting is justified when the person speaking is "lying."

Yet Trump is a monster for interrupting Biden when he was lying.
You are the one who justified it. Unless you want to admit that Trump was wrong to do it during the first Biden debate.

Because they wouldn't let trump tell the truth? Is that what you're saying? Trump is a jerk, he acted like a jerk at the debate and he continues to act like a jerk. He's immune ya' know and he saved suburbia. So please like him. Jerk.
All this is a deflection.

Either constantly interrupting another person is monstrous, or it's not.

Democrats have to choose their values, and stick to them. Otherwise, they have no values at all.

No, it was the people who were enraged, hence his 10 point drop in the poll.
You should probably start paying attention to the swing states lol.

As of this morning, per RCP, Trump's numbers are improving in nearly every battleground state.

More interesting in debating Trump, than allowing questions from town hall members, NBC's Savannah Guthrie stepped on every answer Trump gave at their town hall last night, interrupting Trump a total of 61 times.

When Trump behaved like this, constantly interrupting Biden in the first Presidential Debate, the liberal media was enraged, acting like Trump's behavior was monstrous.

"I was so upset after the presidential and vice presidential debates, I couldn't sleep," a friend told me on a Zoom call. "I'm going to have PTSD!" The tenor of both faceoffs deeply disturbed me, as well. In watching the debates, many of us cringed, particularly as President Donald Trump continually interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden. We felt as if he were directly attacking our deepest values -- our trust in democracy, fairness, common decency and respect for others."

Savannah Guthrie exhibited the exact same behavior, perhaps with the exception that she put a smile on her face while she was doing it, and this was the NYT headline...

Do Democrats have any real values?

Oh, you mean Trump is the only one allowed to interrupt? Forgive me. Your side are such snowflakes.

Part of the problem is that when Trump starts talking he wanders from topic to topic, refusing to make sense. He will say something outlandish and just assume everyone know's what he is talking about. When pressed on any of these things we find out Trump doesn't really know anything about what he is talking about either.

Here is a challenge, read any transcript, from any interview, Trump has given in the last year.
Challenge 1. Try to connect the words he says with the question(topic) he was asked (about).
Challenge 2. Try to spot a cohesive thought from the words sputtering out of his mouth.
I don't mean try to guess what you think he means, I mean listen to his words. He cannot form cohesive thoughts and express them in a sentence.

As of this morning, per RCP, Trump's numbers are improving in nearly every battleground state.
I checked. I don't see the improvement you speak of. Biden leads in all the swing states 45 won in 2016 and is competitive in Georgia, Iowa, Ohio & Texas, all which Clinton lost bigly in 2016.

Democrats have to choose their values, and stick to them. Otherwise, they have no values at all.
You just lost the argument when you used the word values. Trump has shown america what the real values are of the GOP, power and money.

It's not if it's the moderator and the person in question is giving a falsehood.

It's not acceptable for two debaters to be interrupting one another.

Savannah was not debating Trump, she was moderating and thus has the duty of correcting lies or challenging the person in question.

I’m glad I don’t work today. I guarantee the Trump whacko supporters are running around screaming “Did you hear Trump was interrupted 61 times? Did you hear about Bin Laden? Did you hear about Hunter Biden? Did you hear we don't support pedophiles?".

Want share the link?

Part of the problem is that when Trump starts talking he wanders from topic to topic, refusing to make sense. He will say something outlandish and just assume everyone know's what he is talking about. When pressed on any of these things we find out Trump doesn't really know anything about what he is talking about either.

Here is a challenge, read any transcript, from any interview, Trump has given in the last year.
Challenge 1. Try to connect the words he says with the question(topic) he was asked (about).
Challenge 2. Try to spot a cohesive thought from the words sputtering out of his mouth.
I don't mean try to guess what you think he means, I mean listen to his words. He cannot form cohesive thoughts and express them in a sentence.

For anyone interested, I looked it up for another thread. Reading Trump is worse than listening, imo.

It's not if it's the moderator and the person in question is giving a falsehood.

It's not acceptable for two debaters to be interrupting one another.

Savannah was not debating Trump, she was moderating and thus has the duty of correcting lies or challenging the person in question.
That's exactly what George Stephanopoulos did with Biden -- interrupted him to get to a finer point and ask for clarification or ask a follow-up question, and nobody on Biden's team bitched about it. The GOP are the snowflakes.

Lol this was the exact reason Trump kept continually having to interrupt Biden, and Wallace.

Yet the liberal media acted horrified at Trump's behavior.
The interruptions were part of the plan. NBC took a lotr of political heat for even giving Trump a platform so the minimum expectation from the left was that Trump get a solid grilling. From what I saw (and it wasn't much due to a conflict with a study group) Trump comported himself quite well and answered the questions that were asked.

Yep, poor Trumptie Dumptie....always the poor victim, must be the only interrupter or he throws a hissy fit and his worshiper crap their pants.
Just to underscore, though, when Trump repeatedly interrupted Biden, you all whined that Biden was the poor victim, and that Trump was an outrageous bully.

Personally, I was disappointed in both Trump’s interrupting during the first debate and Guthrie’s interrupting during this town hall.

The interruptions were part of the plan. NBC took a lotr of political heat for even giving Trump a platform so the minimum expectation from the left was that Trump get a solid grilling. From what I saw (and it wasn't much due to a conflict with a study group) Trump comported himself quite well and answered the questions that were asked.
Right, I thought Trump handled himself professionally, and interacted well with the town hall questioners when Guthrie finally gave the floor to the “people”.

Last edited:
More interesting in debating Trump, than allowing questions from town hall members, NBC's Savannah Guthrie stepped on every answer Trump gave at their town hall last night, interrupting Trump a total of 61 times.

When Trump behaved like this, constantly interrupting Biden in the first Presidential Debate, the liberal media was enraged, acting like Trump's behavior was monstrous.

"I was so upset after the presidential and vice presidential debates, I couldn't sleep," a friend told me on a Zoom call. "I'm going to have PTSD!" The tenor of both faceoffs deeply disturbed me, as well. In watching the debates, many of us cringed, particularly as President Donald Trump continually interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden. We felt as if he were directly attacking our deepest values -- our trust in democracy, fairness, common decency and respect for others."

Savannah Guthrie exhibited the exact same behavior, perhaps with the exception that she put a smile on her face while she was doing it, and this was the NYT headline...

Do Democrats have any real values?

Guthrie should think of changing her name to Karen. What a bitch...

Back
Top Bottom