• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBC to Air Hillary Clinton Miniseries.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
A Hillary Rodham Clinton miniseries timed to precede the 2016 presidential election is part of NBC's effort to create "event" programming that will draw viewers to the shrinking world of broadcast network TV, NBC's programming chief said Saturday.

48134f1f1f3ecb19380f6a70670021f8.jpg

"We need to be in the event business. I think you're going to hear that from every broadcast network," said Bob Greenblatt, NBC Entertainment chairman.

The four-hour miniseries "Hillary," starring Diane Lane as the former first lady and secretary of state, is one such bid for distinctive programming, he said.

f6221ca81f3ccb19380f6a7067000b01.jpg

The goal is to woo viewers who are increasingly drawn away by cable TV's eye-catching, critically acclaimed fare like "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" and other media choices.

Broadcasting's audience is shrinking by 4 percent to 7 percent annually, Greenblatt told a meeting of the Television Critics Association.....snip~

NBC to air Hillary Clinton miniseries - Yahoo! TV

What a crock of ****.....all this is being done for is to try and get Hillary some more support Right before the 2016 Election. Greenblatt didn't want to address the questions over how this might affect the Presidential election. Then tries to Compare this with the remake of the Mini-series Shogun.

Do you think NBC will ever not show their whole cards? :lol:

"We need to be in the event business. I think you're going to hear that from every broadcast network," said Bob Greenblatt, NBC Entertainment chairman.

The four-hour miniseries "Hillary," starring Diane Lane as the former first lady and secretary of state, is one such bid for distinctive programming, he said.

The goal is to woo viewers who are increasingly drawn away by cable TV's eye-catching, critically acclaimed fare like "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" and other media choices.

Broadcasting's audience is shrinking by 4 percent to 7 percent annually, Greenblatt told a meeting of the Television Critics Association
I find this section to be incredibly amusing. Basically what they are saying is that instead of taking the time to find quality television programming that will draw viewers in, they are going to easy route of ordering series they hope people will want to see. In other words, they are putting the cart before the horse. Incredible. This is why the networks are losing viewers.

What a crock of ****.....all this is being done for is to try and get Hillary some more support Right before the 2016 Election.
You can never doubt a Republican will find a way to be persecuted.

Kind of like writing your own biography before you've actually done something biography-worthy.....

One I will make a point of missing.....

yeah, I wouldn't put this down as an "event!"

the woman is still alive, hasn't really accomplished anything worthy of an "event!".. and will probably, with the support of NBC, be running for President

I find this section to be incredibly amusing. Basically what they are saying is that instead of taking the time to find quality television programming that will draw viewers in, they are going to easy route of ordering series they hope people will want to see. In other words, they are putting the cart before the horse. Incredible. This is why the networks are losing viewers.

You can never doubt a Republican will find a way to be persecuted.

How did you come up with a Republican being persecuted? Did some crystal ball give you some inside information or some astrological chart for a day in time that they were making predictions on? Or was it that difficult in figuring out that NBC hasn't changed much in the Last 20 years.

"Anything that can shake up the landscape and say, 'we have something special'" would be considered part of the varied group of event projects, he said.....snip~

Like NBC says.....ANYTHING Goes! :lol:

I'm sure Fox could do the same thing if they wanted to, unfortunately nobody would take it seriously.

I'm sure Fox could do the same thing if they wanted to, unfortunately nobody would take it seriously.

Well, I would have tuned in if they would have held the Shogun Mini series. Just sayin. :lol:

Well, I would have tuned in if they would have held the Shogun Mini series. Just sayin. :lol:

Well that's better than what they normally talk about

on another, more superficial note.. Dianna Lane as Hillary?... really?.. seriously?

Dianne is a beautiful woman...Hillary, not so much.

After Benghazi she needs to stay far far away from any leadership position.

After Benghazi she needs to stay far far away from any leadership position.

You never know - maybe this show will explain it all. < dripping with sarcasm

Whether Hillary runs for president or not, she is already an extremely accomplished woman, as worthy as any of her own "mini-series". I do cringe every time an accomplished woman is insulted because of her looks, though. Not every woman can look like a runway model, and since I see very few complaints about homely male senators and Secretary of States, it's clearly sexist and annoying as hell.

I think NBC's blatant pimping of her (hoped) presidential run to boost thier woeful ratings is utterly shameful. They should be concentrating on offering outstanding dramas that draw a big audience year after year, something they haven't been able to accomplish since the aging Law And Order series and sequels.

Perhaps NBC should watch more CBS programs, and see how excellent television drama is actually done. :)

Well.....truthfully, I could listen to Courtney Friel All day and Night. ;)

courtney.jpg

FoxNewsAnchorCourtneyFrielTTMb.jpg

Other then seeing her in a bikini, there is nothing i can stand about her.

Other then seeing her in a bikini, there is nothing i can stand about her.

shrug.gif
Meh.....not only do I like her looks. I like her voice.
smoker.gif

I rather watch a Mini-series on her than Hillary.....wont be any fake tears. :2razz:

shrug.gif
Meh.....not only do I like her looks. I like her voice.
smoker.gif

I rather watch a Mini-series on her than Hillary.....wont be any fake tears. :2razz:

Well Hillary doesn't need a minseries to win in 2016 imo

Whether Hillary runs for president or not, she is already an extremely accomplished woman, as worthy as any of her own "mini-series". I do cringe every time an accomplished woman is insulted because of her looks, though. Not every woman can look like a runway model, and since I see very few complaints about homely male senators and Secretary of States, it's clearly sexist and annoying as hell.

I think NBC's blatant pimping of her (hoped) presidential run to boost thier woeful ratings is utterly shameful. They should be concentrating on offering outstanding dramas that draw a big audience year after year, something they haven't been able to accomplish since the aging Law And Order series and sequels.

Perhaps NBC should watch more CBS programs, and see how excellent television drama is actually done. :)
I'm not insulting her because of her looks... I'm saying Dianne Lane is beautiful and Hillary is not.
I'd say the same thing if they got Bradley Cooper to play George Bush.... it's bad casting, that's all.

what has she accomplished that is worthy of a mini-series event?

miniseries for American political figures include.. MLK, JFK, John Adams, and Eisenhower( the war years).... and now Hillary.

as the old Sesame Street tune goes.... " one of these things is not like the other...one of these things just isn't the same" :lol:

NBC doesn't share your confidence...

Don't get me wrong, I don't want her to win, but really I think its the only plausible outcome.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want her to win, but really I think its the only plausible outcome.

way too early to tell right now....if she enters the race, she might lose in the primaries.... that's been known to have happened before;)

way too early to tell right now....if she enters the race, she might lose in the primaries.... that's been known to have happened before;)

true, but honestly speaking the Dems don't have a lot of firepower, and in all honesty neither does the GOP. Let's just say its hers to lose.

Somehow, I doubt that tidbit of her "history" will be included. ;)

Well.....there was that time when she was ducking bullets in Bosnia. Oh wait.....that's Right she misspoke on that one. It was kinda hard for her to remember the difference of bullets flying at her and the little girl who came out to the runway to give her some flowers. :lol:

Apparently, misspeaking doesn't mean she outright lied, when she did. :mrgreen:

Well.....there was that time when she was ducking bullets in Bosnia. Oh wait.....that's Right she misspoke on that one. It was kinda hard for her to remember the difference of bullets flying at her and the little girl who came out to the runway to give her some flowers. :lol:

Apparently, misspeaking doesn't mean she outright lied, when she did. :mrgreen:

What difference, at this point, does it make? ;)

I'm not insulting her because of her looks... I'm saying Dianne Lane is beautiful and Hillary is not.
I'd say the same thing if they got Bradley Cooper to play George Bush.... it's bad casting, that's all.

It's a lot easier to use an attractive actor to play an unattractive character, than to go the other way. Two examples come to my mind right away.

• The first was Sophia Loren as Aldonza/Dulcinea in the 1971 film version of Man of La Mancha—a very angry, bitter, hateful, ugly character, played by a woman who is renowned for being very much otherwise.
  • The other thing, came to my mind recently watching, for the umpteenth time, the 2012 film of Les Misérables, and thinking that it was almost a bit of a waste to use as beautiful an actress as Anne Hathaway to play Fantine—a character who is only slightly above mediocre in attractiveness when we first see her, and then goes very badly downhill within a short time.

I guess, in both these cases, the fact that the actresses were much more beautiful than the characters that they played didn't hinder them from playing their respective characters brilliantly. No reason an attractive actress couldn't play Hillary Clinton.

Back
Top Bottom