• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBC to Air Hillary Clinton Miniseries.....

Hillary Clinton to the annoying Senator Johnson:

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make? It our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this. The fact is that people were trying, in real time, to get to the best information."
Since the context doesn't add anything or help her in any way, it's reasonable to conclude you do buy it since it looks like you're defending it.

Maybe Chloe Kardashian will be hired to play Monica Lewinski - plump, dark haired, clueless. Perhaps Bill will play himself and use his method acting skills in the cigar and semen stained dress scenes.

They blocked it from being shown before the Demo Primaries.....didn't they? Whitewater and the whole bit before Bilbo ever got to Washington. Nothing came out Right before that election.....did it?

Also I would listen to what Morris had to say since he was working with them. Anybody else that was not involved in anything with the Clintons at the time. Could only speculate. But those working for them and then came out afterwards pretty much put it all into perspective. Wasn't such a shining light, was it? At least not for Bilbo and Hillary.
So you think a conservative group with corporate funding making a film to make Hillary look bad before an election was okay....but not okay for NBC to make and air a mini series about her prior to 2016?

The Clintons fired Dick Morris and he was very bitter about it. I guess letting a prostitute listen in on his private conversations with the president didn't go over too well. So I would take anything Morris had to say about the Clintons with a gram of salt.

It could have been, I guess, but whenever her multiple denials were, she sounded quite definite. On at least one occasion, she said she wanted to work for women's rights in third world countries, instead. :shrug:

"Yes, David, I did say I wanted to work for women's rights in third world countries, but the more I discussed our plans with Bill the more it became clear that the best way to bring that about was with the influence that comes with being President Of The United States, so that's why we both decided that I should be a candidate."

And the beauty part of it is that she can substitute anything for women's rights when anyone asks.

Since the context doesn't add anything or help her in any way, it's reasonable to conclude you do buy it since it looks like you're defending it.

Bubba, her point, while sounding flip, was valid. It wasn't going to bring the dead back to life. However, it was a cold-hearted thing to say, especially to the families listening. Would she feel the same if it were a member of her family, or someone else she loved? I don't think people are going to forget this cavalier attitude to someone's death,especially since she and others were watching it occur in real time. Maybe it's true that nothing could have been done in time to help, but why were resources that might have made a difference told to stand down?

So you think a conservative group with corporate funding making a film to make Hillary look bad before an election was okay....but not okay for NBC to make and air a mini series about her prior to 2016?

The Clintons fired Dick Morris and he was very bitter about it. I guess letting a prostitute listen in on his private conversations with the president didn't go over too well. So I would take anything Morris had to say about the Clintons with a gram of salt.

It was never released. Never aired. So again how does that compare or equate? To releasing something right before a Presidential Election. Also the other difference being back in 2008 that was done over a Democratic Primary.

I doubt you can they are the same thing. There is a major difference in a Democratic Primary and a Presidential Election.

Moreover regardless if Morris has an axe to grind. Doesn't mean anything he says should be dismissed Right off the top. Can't get around the fact that he knew them very well and was buddy buddy with them for a very long time.

"Yes, David, I did say I wanted to work for women's rights in third world countries, but the more I discussed our plans with Bill the more it became clear that the best way to bring that about was with the influence that comes with being President Of The United States, so that's why we both decided that I should be a candidate."

And the beauty part of it is that she can substitute anything for women's rights when anyone asks.

I didn't hear the interview with David, so there goes my faith in her word being good! And what's this "our plans for me to run for the presidency? Bill wants a third term, I guess. Besides, doesn't the POTUS have enough to do running this country to have time to spare for women's rights in a third-world country? :bs:

Maybe Chloe Kardashian will be hired to play Monica Lewinski - plump, dark haired, clueless. Perhaps Bill will play himself and use his method acting skills in the cigar and semen stained dress scenes.
Yes, I remember, conservatives were extremely titillated by the whole affair.

Yes, I remember, conservatives were extremely titillated by the whole affair.

I'm pretty sure the most titillated person was the Democrat President of the United States - unless you were there, and know more than we do.

Bubba, her point, while sounding flip, was valid. It wasn't going to bring the dead back to life. However, it was a cold-hearted thing to say, especially to the families listening. Would she feel the same if it were a member of her family, or someone else she loved? I don't think people are going to forget this cavalier attitude to someone's death,especially since she and others were watching it occur in real time. Maybe it's true that nothing could have been done in time to help, but why were resources that might have made a difference told to stand down?

Because the campaign message being presented 24/7 at the time was that Osama was dead, GM was alive and well and that we were winning the war on terror, in the process of winding it down and had Al Qaeda on the run. To admit that Al Qaeda was not only not "on the run", but able to attack a US diplomatic facility with impunity, was simply not going to fit in well. The simple Obama/Hillary plan was to deny reality and stick to the pre-arraigned talking points at least until winning the election was "in the bag". Note that over 10 months ago Obama had promised us that justice for those involved in the Benghazi affair was coming soon.

It was never released. Never aired. So again how does that compare or equate? To releasing something right before a Presidential Election. Also the other difference being back in 2008 that was done over a Democratic Primary.
It was released, but never aired. You can watch it online or buy the DVD.

I doubt you can they are the same thing. There is a major difference in a Democratic Primary and a Presidential Election.
Not if the ultimate goal is the same....which is to either get someone elected or not get someone elected. The conservatives must have spent a small fortune to smear and dehumanize Ashly Judd before she even had a thought about running against Sen. Mitch McConnell.

The senate race in Wyoming against Cheney vs an incumbant could prove interesting, since most of her money comes from out of state and his doesn't.

Moreover regardless if Morris has an axe to grind. Doesn't mean anything he says should be dismissed Right off the top. Can't get around the fact that he knew them very well and was buddy buddy with them for a very long time.
Can't get around the fact that Morris tried to frame Clinton, either. It's rumored he was trying to break up their marriage so he could have Hillary all to himself. She'd had enough of his lude conduct and sexual advances and insisted that Bill fire him. After he was fired Morris acted just like a jilted lover out for revenge.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the most titillated person was the Democrat President of the United States - unless you were there, and know more than we do.

All I know is that a lot of conservative pundits got their start and made a substantial living off talking about the cigar and stained dress. So when Bush got elected they almost became obsolete because they didn't have Clinton to beat up anymore....until they reinvented their mocking disdain for Clinton into a disdain for all Liberals. So now and for as long there are Liberals to mock, they never have to worry about job insecurity again.

Last edited:
All I know is that a lot of conservative pundits got their start and made a substantial living off talking about the cigar and stained dress. So when Bush got elected they almost became obsolete because they didn't have Clinton to beat up anymore....until they reinvented their mocking disdain for Clinton into a disdain for all Liberals. So now and for as long there are Liberals to mock, they never have to worry about job insecurity again.

As long as Clinton is a stain on the national scene, you're right.

As long as Clinton is a stain on the national scene, you're right.

Interestingly enough, the favorability polls show conservatives rank GWBush's presidency lower than Clinton's. Apparently, the stain Bush left on the United States is worse than the stain Clinton left on a dress.

Interestingly enough, the favorability polls show conservatives rank GWBush's presidency lower than Clinton's. Apparently, the stain Bush left on the United States is worse than the stain Clinton left on a dress.

Do you have a credible source for your "polls", plural?

Give everyone time.

. Even liberals who foamed at the mouth from the mention of Bush can come together to fight a new enemy. It's already happening. Give them the Tea Party and suddenly Hitler's image runs away from Bush and on to someone like Dick Army and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a credible source for your "polls", plural?

You might find it in a couple of polls dating from 2010 to about 2012. The tea party crowd gave into the liberal line about Bush being a terrible president, except unlike liberal critics, the Tea Partiers sometimes simply referred to Bush as a liberal. This later, in turn, made some liberals say "gee, maybe Bush was the sane one after all."

Such perceptions are merely tools for the next election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You seem to think everything broadcast in a mini-series would be positive for her candidacy, but assuredly this will not be the case. Overall, I don't see this as positive for her candidacy,
Do you think it's impossible to portray her in a positive way?

This is nothing more than blatant campaigning, under the false umbrella of a 'mini-series' where opposing views will not be able to get equal time.

What else is new and how can anyone be surprised?

This is nothing more than blatant campaigning, under the false umbrella of a 'mini-series' where opposing views will not be able to get equal time.

What else is new and how can anyone be surprised?

I would have to agree with you.

I'm sure Fox could do the same thing if they wanted to, unfortunately nobody would take it seriously.

Oh, and they're going to take NBC seriously, oh yeah. :roll: I guess they need something to generate the revenue they'll be paying out to Zimmerman.

You never know - maybe this show will explain it all. < dripping with sarcasm

Hillary wasn't on top of things because she was too busy looking for the Commander-in-Chief. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom