• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBC to Air Hillary Clinton Miniseries.....

It's a lot easier to use an attractive actor to play an unattractive character, than to go the other way. Two examples come to my mind right away.

• The first was Sophia Loren as Aldonza/Dulcinea in the 1971 film version of Man of La Mancha—a very angry, bitter, hateful, ugly character, played by a woman who is renowned for being very much otherwise.
  • The other thing, came to my mind recently watching, for the umpteenth time, the 2012 film of Les Misérables, and thinking that it was almost a bit of a waste to use as beautiful an actress as Anne Hathaway to play Fantine—a character who is only slightly above mediocre in attractiveness when we first see her, and then goes very badly downhill within a short time.

I guess, in both these cases, the fact that the actresses were much more beautiful than the characters that they played didn't hinder them from playing their respective characters brilliantly. No reason an attractive actress couldn't play Hillary Clinton.
yeah, i know it's kinda common
I remember watching Charlize Theron play Aileen Wuornos in a movie and thinking " holy ****, she's hideous now... are there no ugly actresses that can do the role"......changing a persons fundamental physical appearance doesn't make much sense to me when there are all sorts of actors and actresses of differing "levels" of physical attractiveness out there to choose from.

the same thing went for Sylvester Stallone in some cop movie where he has to get all fat and dumpy for the role.. fat and dumpy actors in hollywood aren't exactly a rarity.

I just read about the "event"... it's not about the accomplished Hillary.. it's about the young unaccomplished Hillary.. Dianne Lane makes sense for a young Hillary.

so i guess it's not about an accomplished woman after all.. it's about a fresh from college young woman who grapples with love versus political ambition.

maybe i'm reading about a different "Event".. i dunno

Last edited:
How did you come up with a Republican being persecuted?
It was quite simple. I read your post, saw you how interpreted something which was not there, and it just wrote itself.

A Hillary Rodham Clinton miniseries timed to precede the 2016 presidential election is part of NBC's effort to create "event" programming that will draw viewers to the shrinking world of broadcast network TV, NBC's programming chief said Saturday.

48134f1f1f3ecb19380f6a70670021f8.jpg

"We need to be in the event business. I think you're going to hear that from every broadcast network," said Bob Greenblatt, NBC Entertainment chairman.

The four-hour miniseries "Hillary," starring Diane Lane as the former first lady and secretary of state, is one such bid for distinctive programming, he said.

f6221ca81f3ccb19380f6a7067000b01.jpg

The goal is to woo viewers who are increasingly drawn away by cable TV's eye-catching, critically acclaimed fare like "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" and other media choices.

Broadcasting's audience is shrinking by 4 percent to 7 percent annually, Greenblatt told a meeting of the Television Critics Association.....snip~

NBC to air Hillary Clinton miniseries - Yahoo! TV

What a crock of ****.....all this is being done for is to try and get Hillary some more support Right before the 2016 Election. Greenblatt didn't want to address the questions over how this might affect the Presidential election. Then tries to Compare this with the remake of the Mini-series Shogun.

Do you think NBC will ever not show their whole cards? :lol:

Right before, you mean 3 years before the fun kicks off and years before she even officially announces she is running? It is also not like hillary was an important figure in the US and for women. What I find a little telling is that republicans are so paranoid about her running that they would think a miniseries on what one of them claims is dying network TV three years before the election is something they need to bitch about. hey, no one is stopping the massive wealth of the republican party from making a sitcom called the Mark rubio story, or the Sarah Palin reality Tv series, or perhaps the Ted cruz border jumping documentary, or the Cooking with Chris Christie show.

Maybe the republicans should find a powerhouse and spend less time bitching? You do remember what happened last election when they ran their fifth choice because they couldn't control their bickering.

shrug.gif
Meh.....not only do I like her looks. I like her voice.
smoker.gif

I rather watch a Mini-series on her than Hillary.....wont be any fake tears. :2razz:

I am sure she could get a miniseries on a quality network like faux, playboy, or skinimax. I am pretty sure that people are not going to watch the hillary story for her hanging around in a bikini. It seems people may be more interested in what is in her head rather than what is in her bra. I see there are only 2 talents you are concerned with with women.

A Hillary Rodham Clinton miniseries timed to precede the 2016 presidential election is part of NBC's effort to create "event" programming that will draw viewers to the shrinking world of broadcast network TV, NBC's programming chief said Saturday.

48134f1f1f3ecb19380f6a70670021f8.jpg

"We need to be in the event business. I think you're going to hear that from every broadcast network," said Bob Greenblatt, NBC Entertainment chairman.

The four-hour miniseries "Hillary," starring Diane Lane as the former first lady and secretary of state, is one such bid for distinctive programming, he said.

f6221ca81f3ccb19380f6a7067000b01.jpg

The goal is to woo viewers who are increasingly drawn away by cable TV's eye-catching, critically acclaimed fare like "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" and other media choices.

Broadcasting's audience is shrinking by 4 percent to 7 percent annually, Greenblatt told a meeting of the Television Critics Association.....snip~

NBC to air Hillary Clinton miniseries - Yahoo! TV

What a crock of ****.....all this is being done for is to try and get Hillary some more support Right before the 2016 Election. Greenblatt didn't want to address the questions over how this might affect the Presidential election. Then tries to Compare this with the remake of the Mini-series Shogun.

Looks like the campaign has started.

I wonder who the GOP loser will be? Any ideas?

Does it really take 3 years to make a miniseries? Is 2016 just a coincidence?

You seem to think everything broadcast in a mini-series would be positive for her candidacy, but assuredly this will not be the case. Overall, I don't see this as positive for her candidacy,

You seem to think everything broadcast in a mini-series would be positive for her candidacy, but assuredly this will not be the case. Overall, I don't see this as positive for her candidacy,

Heya PB. :2wave: Well I sure hope other liberals and progressives see it the same as you do. Myself.....I see nothing positive about Hillary Clinton. Other than her being set out for pasture. The sooner.....the better! ;)

Have you watched it already?

Heya PB. :2wave: Well I sure hope other liberals and progressives see it the same as you do. Myself....
.I see nothing positive about Hillary Clinton. Other than her being set out for pasture. The sooner.....the better! ;)

I had kind of thought that myself, but it's beginning to look like she might be the next occupant of the White House unless some one else comes along.

Which would make Bill Clinton the First Man,eh?

If Hilary runs for any office in the future after the miniseries has aired, Will it qualify for equal time for her opponent?

I don't have much interest in watching the series when it comes out.,

I had kind of thought that myself, but it's beginning to look like she might be the next occupant of the White House unless some one else comes along.

Which would make Bill Clinton the First Man,eh?

Heya SN. :2wave: Yeah it would.....Problem is. No One wants Bilbo back in the White House. Not even just visiting. Course that would be more apparent if any of the GOP would be in there. Then Bilbo would be back to what he should be and should have always been. Irrelevant! ;)

Don't make me lose respect for you Pete ... if it wasn't intended to be positive for Hillary NBC wouldn't be creating it.
Unless you think they're going to trash her to clear the way for Joe Biden.

Guaranteed there's going to be a big pitch for the pity vote because of Bill because she's had lotsa titles but not many accomplishments.

Have you watched it already?
No, I lost my crystal ball several years ago. Seriously though, have you forgotten Monica and the blue dress and all the other controversies surrounding her?

If its on Fox, CBS, ABC, or NBC, chances are its going to suck anyway. They can't fund good programming, they rarely get it, and frankly l, I think they don't want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If its on Fox, CBS, ABC, or NBC, chances are its going to suck anyway. They can't fund good programming, they rarely get it, and frankly l, I think they don't want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Heya Fiddy. :2wave: CBS opted to go with the Remake of Shogun. Just sayin! :lol:

Sent from my home using Computer and DextriousFingerTap 1 :mrgreen:

... Overall, I don't see this as positive for her candidacy,

... Seriously though, have you forgotten Monica and the blue dress and all the other controversies surrounding her?

Guaranteed there's going to be a big pitch for the pity vote because of Bill ... .

Pete Pete Pete ... I keep trying to help you but you have to be willing to let me.

And along the lines of going big for the pity vote ... wanna bet Bill is going to do a big public mea culpa on Hillary's campaign trail?
Would you buy any of that?
Did you buy "What difference at this point does it make?" when she said it?

You think she's got Bill's political skills?
Or do you think she's going to run on her accomplishments? ... or maybe she's more likely to play the gender card like Barry played the race card as an inoculation against criticism?

A study by hair-care giant Clairol shows that a whopping 76 percent of women and 74 percent of men believe the first woman to be elected president will be a brunette.

Such results might send Hillary Clinton to a colorist, and apparently, New York's blond senator wouldn't be the first powerful lady to do so.

But if Clinton intends to stay natural, perhaps she can find inspiration from a "power blonde" like Margaret Thatcher, who didn't seem to let her hair color diminish her ability to lead.

The Clairol survey of nearly 1,000 customers also showed that you may want to think twice about interviewing for a job on a bad hair day. Respondents said that if a boss had to hire a worker based on hair color alone, the job would most likely go to a brunette and least likely be given to a redhead.....snip~

Do Blondes Really Have More Fun? - ABC News

smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

Pete Pete Pete ... I keep trying to help you but you have to be willing to let me.

And along the lines of going big for the pity vote ... wanna bet Bill is going to do a big public mea culpa on Hillary's campaign trail?

Or do you think she's going to run on her accomplishments? ... or maybe she's more likely to play the gender card like Barry played the race card as an inoculation against criticism?

Greetings, Bubba. :2wave:

If this were a poll, I would probably add as a choice "All of the above." However, she has said emphatically so many times that she is not interested, that I am inclined to believe her. I think she might be more interested in getting Chelsea launched on a political career, instead. However, this wouldn't be the first time that someone has floated a trial balloon to gauge interest. Time will tell. :shrug:

Greetings, Bubba. :2wave:

If this were a poll, I would probably add as a choice "All of the above." However, she has said emphatically so many times that she is not interested, that I am inclined to believe her. I think she might be more interested in getting Chelsea launched on a political career, instead. However, this wouldn't be the first time that someone has floated a trial balloon to gauge interest. Time will tell. :shrug:

Wait a minute ... when did she say she wasn't interested in running for POTUS? Was it one of those "... at this time" qualifiers?

Wait a minute ... when did she say she wasn't interested in running for POTUS? Was it one of those "... at this time" qualifiers?

It could have been, I guess, but whenever her multiple denials were, she sounded quite definite. On at least one occasion, she said she wanted to work for women's rights in third world countries, instead. :shrug:

Hillary Clinton to the annoying Senator Johnson:

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make? It our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this. The fact is that people were trying, in real time, to get to the best information."

PolitiFact | In Context: Hillary Clinton's 'What difference does it make' comment

Did you think the 2008, Citizens United film called, "Hillary: The Movie" was a crock of ****?

Hillary Clinton to the annoying Senator Johnson:

"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make? It our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this. The fact is that people were trying, in real time, to get to the best information."

PolitiFact | In Context: Hillary Clinton's 'What difference does it make' comment

Well.....Johnny Quest McCain has a different take and he then explains why. Course he questioned her after Johnson. ;)

Did you think the 2008, Citizens United film called, "Hillary: The Movie" was a crock of ****?

They blocked it from being shown before the Demo Primaries.....didn't they? Whitewater and the whole bit before Bilbo ever got to Washington. Nothing came out Right before that election.....did it?

Also I would listen to what Morris had to say since he was working with them. Anybody else that was not involved in anything with the Clintons at the time. Could only speculate. But those working for them and then came out afterwards pretty much put it all into perspective. Wasn't such a shining light, was it? At least not for Bilbo and Hillary.

Back
Top Bottom