• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBC: Olbermann suspension ending Tuesday

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I knew it couldn't last very long.

NBC: Olbermann suspension ending Tuesday - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

Keith Olbermann's suspension from msnbc television for donating to three Democratic campaigns will end this coming Tuesday, NBC announced Sunday night.

Olbermann was suspended indefinitely Friday for violating NBC News rules about donations.

In a statement released Sunday evening, Phil Griffin, president of msnbc television, said he had deliberated about Olbermann’s status for several days.

“I have determined that suspending Keith through and including Monday night's program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy,” Griffin said. “We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night.

Who cares his ratings are poor. I guess if you are on the far left his propaganda is important

Oh good. I am one of his 8 regular viewers.

You know the news day is slow when you have to report about inside your own network for anything remotely interesting.

The guy was only suspended, it never did anything significant.

I read earlier that some people are questioning if this is just a publicity stunt by MSNBC.

I read earlier that some people are questioning if this is just a publicity stunt by MSNBC.

It certainly wouldn't be that surprising considering how pathetically low their ratings and viewership have become :shrug:

Who cares his ratings are poor. I guess if you are on the far left his propaganda is important
Fox is political operation for the far right.

When Olbermann returns, I will be in front of my TV with a favorite beverage cheering. I was hoping that perhaps Olbermann would take this punishment but fight it in the courts claiming that no employer has the right to even ask an employee to surrender their rights as an American to participate in the political process in their private life. Such a demand is coercive in nature and reflects a gross imbalance in negotiating power that exists between most employees and the much richer corporations which employ them.

btw - KO garners 1,573,000 viewers according to this industry site

http://www.mediaite.com/power-grid/person/?q=Keith+Olbermann

Last edited:
As much as I wouldn't care personally with never having to hear the windbag again, I'm glad they didn't go excessive with the punishment. It is a redundant and kind of ridiculous policy to have on the contract of one of your pundits anyways when they're actively laughing at and ridiculing the other side and making no bones about their biases, so it would've been ridiculous to do an extremely lengthy penalty. Just a token something so that they can properly and legally apply the policy to those under the news department where it would be theoritically more important.

Fox is political operation for the far right.

From their ratings, I guess that's what the people want.
At least Fox hires some liberals. Can you see MSNBC hiring anyone from the right?
Morning Joe doesn't count.

Reactions: mac

Joe Scarborough has been donating to candidates for years. In fact, he even campaigned for Bush in 2004. But he always asked for permission from MSNBC to donate and to campaign. Olberman did not, and getting permission has been policy at MSNBC for years. Olberman then refused to apologize, so what this boils down to is the fact that he pissed off a lot of people at MSNBC.

The issue is not about the actual donations or campaigning at all. If it were, FOX News would no longer exist. :mrgreen:

Joe Scarborough has been donating to candidates for years. In fact, he even campaigned for Bush in 2004. But he always asked for permission from MSNBC to donate and to campaign. Olberman did not, and getting permission has been policy at MSNBC for years. Olberman then refused to apologize, so what this boils down to is the fact that he pissed off a lot of people at MSNBC.

The issue is not about the actual donations or campaigning at all. If it were, FOX News would no longer exist. :mrgreen:

So how is the marketing campaign going to increase Olbermann's ratings? Is this going to increase the channels share?

From their ratings, I guess that's what the people want.
At least Fox hires some liberals. Can you see MSNBC hiring anyone from the right?
Morning Joe doesn't count.

Morning Joe has changed his opinions to fit what MSNBC wants. it is about the money for Joe

Hurrah! He will be back to making himself the consummate assclown once again. Tanned...rested...and ready to continue to appeal to his MASSIVE viewing audience of equally bitter, angry, hate filled pathetic morons. :lamo

Hurrah! He will be back to making himself the consummate assclown once again. Tanned...rested...and ready to continue to appeal to his MASSIVE viewing audience of equally bitter, angry, hate filled pathetic morons. :lamo

Is it possible that you just hate him because he despises your ideology and exposes it quite frequently for what it is. Which is your right of course. And if you had an audience of over 1.5 million people, I would call that massive. Not many people in this country get that kind of audience - even if you and the libertarians here are not part of it.

Is it possible that you just hate him because he despises your ideology and exposes it quite frequently for what it is. Which is your right of course. And if you had an audience of over 1.5 million people, I would call that massive. Not many people in this country get that kind of audience - even if you and the libertarians here are not part of it.

I dont hate him...I think he is a moron, an assclown, and far worse than the assholes he bleats on about, but he has never hurt someone close to me and doesnt owe me any money. Hatred is a wasted emotion and I certainly wouldnt expend it on him. And in a country of 350+ million I shouldnt be surprised that there are a fair amount of like minded bitter angry pathetic assclowns that follow him.

NOT (however) shocking that you rush to his defense...

Back
Top Bottom