• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBC News roasted for describing 'Jeopardy!' winner by sexual orientation rather than name

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
NBC News roasted for describing 'Jeopardy!' winner by sexual orientation rather than name
NBC News was roasted by critics Monday after it posted a tweet describing one of the winners of the popular game show "Jeopardy!" by her sexual orientation rather than her name.

"The 23-year-old lesbian tutor from Toronto has amassed a total of $320,081, the most by a Canadian contestant in 'Jeopardy!' history," the news network tweeted, including a link to a report detailing the 14 consecutive wins by contestant Mattea Roach.

This is how stupid the left want to be with this.

Can you just imagine greeting people in the future. Hi, I am a straight white retiree. No name, just sexual persuasion and some other tidbit.:rolleyes:

Amy Schneider was supposedly the first woman hitting some sort of milestone.

It's a stupid personal announcement by NBC. Either you agree or disagree.

You seem more interested in the critique.

I don't why I should care.

Fox News and the NY Post must each pay a guy to scroll twitter, find a couple of tweets blasting somebody, which is like shooting fish in a barrel, and then run this "bombshhell."

Second one from Fox News I've seen here today.

I guess this their idea of investigative reporting.

She's the first lesbian tutor to win anything.

God Help the FL elementary school teacher who is asked about by a student.

FL teacher roasted for praising lesbian in front of defenseless children

I can't really think of anything stupider that you and Fox pretending (at Fox's command) that you care about anything related to LGBTQ beyond punching down at vulnerable minorities, AND then expecting that someone who does care is going to listen to either of your opinions about it.

"Lifelong vegan since birth rates top-rated New York City steakhouses by reviewing instagram photos"

Yeah, ok. What's next? A thread based on a Fox article about how awful corruption in government is? :LOL:

I could certainly be wrong but to me, most prime news has shifted right in the past few years. Not so much as to what they say but
what they don't say. Ex: "The prices of gas have gone way up, here in the United States!" "Consumers are outraged"
Ah, yeah..assholes, you might want to mention that gas/fuel prices have gone up nearly World Wide.

God Help the FL elementary school teacher who is asked about by a student.

FL teacher roasted for praising lesbian in front of defenseless children

Nobody cares that she's a lesbian, or has three toes, or dandruff, or any other personal bit of information.

The story is NBC's insistence on informing us of Too Much Information that bears no relevance to her winning on Jeopardy!

But you already knew this, and tried to blow smoke.

this thread is fantasy. everyone knows republicans can't tweet.

Nobody cares that she's a lesbian, or has three toes, or dandruff, or any other personal bit of information.
If so why did Fox New give Bigly Fat Juicy Headlines to somebody aka "critics"who made an issue of NBC tweeting about her lesbianism?
The story is NBC's insistence on informing us of Too Much Information that bears no relevance to her winning on Jeopardy!
The NBC tweet is an intro to a main website story a human interest piece on Mattea in NBC's "Out Life And Style" Section.

I posted a link for that piece earlier in this thread but I guess it was ignored.

Kind of puts it all in proper perspective unlike the OP's Fox News BS piece.

Here it is again.

And as Roach breaks "Jeopardy!" records, she's also amounted another noteworthy accolade. Roach, who is a lesbian, according to her Twitter account, has become the game show's latest LGBTQ sensation.

But you already knew this, and tried to blow smoke.
Methinks you can't see the reality for the smoke that Fox News is throwing for its less than informed fans.

I can't really think of anything stupider that you and Fox pretending (at Fox's command) that you care about anything related to LGBTQ beyond punching down at vulnerable minorities,
How is she vulnerable? I thought she won?

Do you believe that homosexual people are less capable than us?

AND then expecting that someone who does care is going to listen to either of your opinions about it.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.... well, unless you are on Twitter.... but that will be changing soon----- hooray!

Can you just imagine greeting people in the future. Hi, I am a straight white retiree. No name, just sexual persuasion and some other tidbit.:rolleyes:

Arent we there are already? Im Jonny and my pronouns are we, us, and yall. People have lost jobs for not wanting to post pronouns.

Back
Top Bottom