• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBC News: Brian Williams suspended for 6 months without pay

Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

The Katrina lies made this inevitable.

Fox News is reporting this as if someone died. He just got suspended and the guy is a millionaire anyway. What is the big deal? Fox News make me sick the disgusting little ferrets. Whats that little freaks name. Shep. He is acting like someone died. So is Bill OReilly. All of Fox News are. Awww, poor Brian Williams. Awww. So serious. One of our millionaire brothers just lost $5 million just because the petty scum plebs believe in honesty. Aww so sad. Poor Brian. Lets all hope that the stupid public forgets about it. Its been over a week. Havent the stupid slaves moved on to the next bit of nonsense? Aww poor Brian. And lets not pick on poor Brian just because he is a liberal. Lets not be vindictive. Dont be bitter you stupid little slaves.

These people are sub-human scum. It is such a huge massive deal that one of their millionaire brothers is losing five million and all because the stupid scum public value character.

Do these people give a damn about people that are out of work or underemployed? God no. They want to spit on them. But one of their millionaire brothers loses $5 million and they act like someone died and as if they cant comprehend the public reaction. These people are no longer human. They have gone insane. Watch Bill ORielly and tell me that he does not belong in an asylum.

HEY BILL! PEOPLE ARE NOT ANGRY BECAUSE BRIAN IS A LIBERAL! THEY ARE ANGRY BECAUSE HE IS A LIAR! THAT IS WHY THEY ARE MAD AS HELL! WTF DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH HIM BEING A LIBERAL? HE LIED YOU STUPID FREAK! That is why people are angry about it.

edit- The guy should be fired. This is how stupid the media is. They think that they can bring Williams back after 6 months and all will be forgotten. To start with they thought that a nonsense apology would do. Then they thought that an appearance on Letterman would shut everyone up. And now this. Why not just fire this retarded freak? Because he is a millionaire brother and part of the club? Aww. So sad. He shouldnt have been such a retard. He needs to be fired. Who feels sorry for millionaire liar Brian Williams apart from his disgusting sub human millionaire ilk?

Last edited:

Fox News is reporting this as if someone died. He just got suspended and the guy is a millionaire anyway. What is the big deal? Fox News make me sick the disgusting little ferrets. Whats that little freaks name. Shep. He is acting like someone died. So is Bill OReilly. All of Fox News are. Awww, poor Brian Williams. Awww. So serious. One of our millionaire brothers just lost $5 million just because the petty scum plebs believe in honesty. Aww so sad. Poor Brian. Lets all hope that the stupid public forgets about it. Its been over a week. Havent the stupid slaves moved on to the next bit of nonsense? Aww poor Brian. And lets not pick on poor Brian just because he is a liberal. Lets not be vindictive. Dont be bitter you stupid little slaves.

These people are sub-human scum. It is such a huge massive deal that one of their millionaire brothers is losing five million and all because the stupid scum public value character.

Do these people give a damn about people that are out of work or underemployed? God no. They want to spit on them. But one of their millionaire brothers loses $5 million and they act like someone died and as if they cant comprehend the public reaction. These people are no longer human. They have gone insane. Watch Bill ORielly and tell me that he does not belong in an asylum.

HEY BILL! PEOPLE ARE NOT ANGRY BECAUSE BRIAN IS A LIBERAL! THEY ARE ANGRY BECAUSE HE IS A LIAR! THAT IS WHY THEY ARE MAD AS HELL! WTF DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH HIM BEING A LIBERAL? HE LIED YOU STUPID FREAK! That is why people are angry about it.

edit- The guy should be fired. This is how stupid the media is. They think that they can bring Williams back after 6 months and all will be forgotten. To start with they thought that a nonsense apology would do. Then they thought that an appearance on Letterman would shut everyone up. And now this. Why not just fire this retarded freak? Because he is a millionaire brother and part of the club? Aww. So sad. He shouldnt have been such a retard. He needs to be fired. Who feels sorry for millionaire liar Brian Williams apart from his disgusting sub human millionaire ilk?

I get to use this quote again, for the second time tonight:

I find it petty and juvenile how the left relentlessly attacks an insults Fox News because they don't march in lock-step with their political agenda like the other 7 to 10 network news and cable news outlets do. Their desperation to discredit and ultimately silence Fox is a testament to the threat that Fox poses to them and shows just how dedicated they are to preventing the American people from getting both sides of the story.

I guess he didn't learn anything from the Dan Rather incident. lesson learned now.

I hadn't heard that part. Did he also say his unit crash landed.

Williams, the most-watched network anchor in the US, often spoke of being shot down in a helicopter in Iraq.

However, after veterans disputed his account, he admitted getting the story wrong and blamed the "fog of memory".

Last week, he apologised on air for the lapse.

"I made a mistake in recalling the events of 12 years ago," he said. "I want to apologise. I said I was travelling in an aircraft that was hit by RPG [rocket-propelled grenade] fire. I was instead in a following aircraft."

NBC News President Deborah Turness said that Williams had "misrepresented" events from the Iraq war.

"It then became clear that on other occasions Brian had done the same while telling that story in other venues," Turness said.

"This was wrong and completely inappropriate for someone in Brian's position." Link.

He lied and made himself a story for personal gain. Seems his lies have caught up with him.

6 months without pay - ouch.

Re: Brian Williams Suspended Six Months in Wake of Investigation

Good. Now they can get some fresh talent on MSNBC when they do the sort shakeup, people get mad they didn't get the bump up, and leave the network.
I hear Jay Carney's available

NBC did the right thing for their brand and their shareholders making some sort of statement.

He won't be back. He'll take a settlement. I think the only reason they didn't fire him is because he had some goods on them.

I hope they give a serious look at Holt as a serious replacement.

"...reason they didn't fire him is because he had some goods on them."
I've read this claim made by several, and unless I missed it, nobody has suggested what this could possibly be. Does anyone have an idea? Even a guess? :shrug:

Not attributing to any one poster because I have seen several make the same suggestion.

The lingering question to me is, will this change journalism at all? What Williams did (repeatedly) is reprehensible for a so-called journalist, but let's be honest, it's hardly uncommon.

NBC, like others, routinely decides on what the narrative will be to their stories ahead of time, then they get their journalists and anchors to feed that narrative. If a story arises that conflicts with it, they simply ignore it if they can't spin it toward the narrative. They know the answers to the questions they want going in.

This happens every day to almost every story.

The lingering question to me is, will this change journalism at all? What Williams did (repeatedly) is reprehensible for a so-called journalist, but let's be honest, it's hardly uncommon.

NBC, like others, routinely decides on what the narrative will be to their stories ahead of time, then they get their journalists and anchors to feed that narrative. If a story arises that conflicts with it, they simply ignore it if they can't spin it toward the narrative. They know the answers to the questions they want going in.

This happens every day to almost every story.
No. This is what the human species does, push the envelope.

I've read this claim made by several, and unless I missed it, nobody has suggested what this could possibly be. Does anyone have an idea? Even a guess? :shrug:

Not attributing to any one poster because I have seen several make the same suggestion.

NBC management has heard this lie for years and did nothing to stop it because they didn't want to rock the boat.

Yes, they have some culpability in this.

Re: Brian Williams Suspended Six Months in Wake of Investigation

But Clinton will get elected after doing the same thing.

She thought so in 2008.

The Katrina lies made this inevitable.

Yep. Anyone familiar with New Orleans caught onto the Katrina lies immediately. I live less then three hours from there. The entire city was not flooded. It was mostly the ninth ward, which is about 20 feet below sea level. Brian's Hotel was in the French Quarter and on high ground. He did not see any bodies floating by from the Ritz. And there were no cases of dysentery reported anywhere in New Orleans.

Yes. Speculation is that NBC management knew for years that he was telling lies, and did nothing to stop it until they couldn't stop it anymore. If there's truth to that, they have ownership of this, same as he does.

NBC management has heard this lie for years and did nothing to stop it because they didn't want to rock the boat.

Yes, they have some culpability in this.
Yes. Speculation is that NBC management knew for years that he was telling lies, and did nothing to stop it until they couldn't stop it anymore. If there's truth to that, they have ownership of this, same as he does.
That's fine, and probably true in and of itself, but that's not the same as "having something on them". This was always out in the open, only nobody noticed. "Having something on them" would be something like Williams having photos that could blackmail the CEO, or whatever.

I think Lyin Brian should get a job with the administration as the new press secretary, he's obviously qualified.

I think Lyin Brian should get a job with the administration as the new press secretary, he's obviously qualified.
You are aware the Republicans have not won the election.

You are aware the Republicans have not won the election.
Short of a demo miracle I don't see it going well for them in '16 if Obama keeps it up.

Back
Top Bottom