• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NBC does it again

Stinger said:
How about a comedy set in a Concentration Camp?[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hogan's Heros.

It would seem pretty obvious. The media and holywood both screaming liberal beliefs. This being the case making fun or denigrating America and or anything that many Americans see as important is OK. Going after anyone that is either "Anti-American or Anti-Religion" for lack of a better word is usually for the most part not happening. Now there are the occasional exception to the rules so anything is possible. And since I am not a christian I could actually care less if there feelings are hurt. I think it's a joke in a sitcom and you need to get over yourselves. I also think that the muslim cartoon that sparked the riots should have been plastered on every US paper throughout the nation. BUt alas our media again showed there true colors and lack of backbone

Calm2Chaos said:
It would seem pretty obvious. The media and holywood both screaming liberal beliefs. This being the case making fun or denigrating America and or anything that many Americans see as important is OK.

Except that as much as you see liberals as Anti-American, they see conservatives the same way. Frankly, I think it is extremists on both sides of the fence that show the most insult to american values. It is that extremist caricature that television makes fun of most. Like in the South Park episode about the goo-backs...conservative redneck drunks are just as funny as aging hippy liberal douches.

And since I am not a christian I could actually care less if there feelings are hurt. I think it's a joke in a sitcom and you need to get over yourselves.

I could not agree with you more on this sentiment.

I also think that the muslim cartoon that sparked the riots should have been plastered on every US paper throughout the nation. BUt alas our media again showed there true colors and lack of backbone

I dunno about that...while my first reaction is similar, it just wouldnt be worth it. The lemming effect would be too costly...you know, the dozens of turbans with bombs strapped to their backs yelling "EEEEYAALALALALALALALA!!!!" rushing every newspaper in the country.

Stinger said:
The article was quite clear about why.

The episode is being rewritten to exclude the reference to the Cruxificition.

I was just kinda joking because some people get offended by anything. I would think if that offended them then Britney just being Britney is offensive enough,lol.

jallman said:
Except that as much as you see liberals as Anti-American, they see conservatives the same way. Frankly, I think it is extremists on both sides of the fence that show the most insult to american values. It is that extremist caricature that television makes fun of most. Like in the South Park episode about the goo-backs...conservative redneck drunks are just as funny as aging hippy liberal douches.

Well like I said there are exceptions to the rules. SouthPark hates on evryone, thats probably why I like it. And there are a few more out there. I don't think Liberals are anti American, I think that they don't realize what it takes to secure and defend a country. I think they also like to take circumstances to the nth degree to prove a point. But then again guess that could be said about a lot of people. And when there is a problem they tend to blame the process not the person. Guess I never understood that philosophy

jallman said:
I could not agree with you more on this sentiment.

Theres 1

jallman said:
I dunno about that...while my first reaction is similar, it just wouldnt be worth it. The lemming effect would be too costly...you know, the dozens of turbans with bombs strapped to their backs yelling "EEEEYAALALALALALALALA!!!!" rushing every newspaper in the country.

I'm still trying to decide if thats a good thing or a bad....LOL

black wolf said:
They were POWs, not in a CC.
Did they air the Roberto Benigni film Life Is Beautiful?

Well your right but conditions weren't exactly great for POWs either.

And NBC did air Shindler's list without commercial interruption back in the '90's but it wasn't a comody. I had a freind who's father was in Vietnam. To this day he won't read a book about it or watch a movie about it. I suppose it's just the same for the holocaust survivors.

Anyway... When did crucifixion become a christian thing? I thought it was a Roman past time. So really the show's premis has a breach in content as many sit-coms often do and I don't see the big deal.

And if somebody wants to feel persecuted.... They should claim that they're liberal and try to debate the conservatives here.

Back
Top Bottom