• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NBC, ABC, and CNN project Biden Wins Georgia

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Joe Biden will win Georgia, CNN projected Friday, striking at the heart of what has been a Republican presidential stronghold for nearly three decades. The former vice president is the first Democratic nominee to triumph in Georgia since Bill Clinton did it in 1992.

Biden's victory adds 16 electoral votes to his tally, bringing him to 306 -- matching President Donald Trump's 2016 total. With CNN's projection that Trump will win North Carolina, the final tally is 306-232.
In Georgia, Trump had raced out to an early lead in the counting, but Biden surged ahead as the votes from Atlanta and its suburbs were tabulated.

--

Trump has North Carolina:

Last edited:
Well it's about time, but yes, it looks like Biden gets GA as well and is now comfortably the winner with 306 Electoral Votes. So close to my prediction. I had 306 as well, but GA red, NC blue and ME being completely Blue.

Joe Biden will win Georgia, CNN projected Friday, striking at the heart of what has been a Republican presidential stronghold for nearly three decades. The former vice president is the first Democratic nominee to triumph in Georgia since Bill Clinton did it in 1992.

Biden's victory adds 16 electoral votes to his tally, bringing him to 306 -- matching President Donald Trump's 2016 total. With CNN's projection that Trump will win North Carolina, the final tally is 306-232.
In Georgia, Trump had raced out to an early lead in the counting, but Biden surged ahead as the votes from Atlanta and its suburbs were tabulated.

--

Trump has North Carolina:

DAMN DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO LIVE IN A BLUE STATE!! 💙💙💙

Well it's about time, but yes, it looks like Biden gets GA as well and is now comfortably the winner with 306 Electoral Votes. So close to my prediction. I had 306 as well, but GA red, NC blue and ME being completely Blue.

LePage country was NEVER going to go for Biden.
I was hoping we could rack up the numbers in the southern and mid-coast part of the state to keep Susan from re-election.
But twas not to be.

LePage country was NEVER going to go for Biden.
I was hoping we could rack up the numbers in the southern and mid-coast part of the state to keep Susan from re-election.
But twas not to be.

I'm mystified why Maine keeps re-electing Susan Collins.

That was mine too. Nice

This is pretty nice though

Well it's going to be a tumultuous ride to Jan 20, Trump doesn't have the temperament to handle a loss.
Trump is supposed to speak this afternoon (4 pm Eastern). We may get an idea how the next two months are going to play out then.

Trump is supposed to speak this afternoon (4 pm Eastern). We may get an idea how the next two months are going to play out then.
"Blah blah blah, Democrats stole the election. Blah blah blah, I'll fight this to the end. Blah blah blah I won the election. Blah blah blah, no one has been as mistreated as I in the history of the world."

There, no you won't have to listen to him.

Reactions: jpn
I'm mystified why Maine keeps re-electing Susan Collins.

Welp, I have a theory. It involves Olympia Snowe, someone who was actually a Maine moderate. Susan was her understudy for many years, and I think some of that image rubs off on people, and they
refuse to actually look at her voting record. I really thought the anger that Maine women were saying they had over the Kavanaugh vote, was true, but apparently it wasn't as true as it needed to be.

I was saying all year I wasn't sure Susan would lose. It was close, almost went to the RCV runoff, but didn't. Susan is from the "County" which is the aforementioned LePage country, not a lot of people up there,
but nearly all vote Republican. For state-wide races the democrats and independents need to run up the score in Southern and mid-coast Maine to win.
It really is a tale of two Maine's. From about Bangor and to the West and North and from Bangor south are pretty good dividing lines, but not completely.
Strange state. Ayuh.

Absolute blowout win for Biden. Annihilation. Worst loss for an incumbent since 1932. Trump with his tail between his legs for sure.

Fox News finally called Arizona for Biden.

Back
Top Bottom