• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA Starts Today!

soccerboy22

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
NBA starts today. Big 3 vs the New Big 3.

Predictions for Finals? I am saying Lakers vs. Heat with Heat winning in 6.

GO CELTICS!

stick with the champs, lakers will win it all.

No way. Lakers beat a Celtics team that was horrible on offensive and it took the 7 games.

kobe was banged up...also, no way in hell do i ever want to see lebron win a championship

I have 4 suite tickets to the nets opener. I can't give them aways. :lol:

I hate basketball.

kobe was banged up...also, no way in hell do i ever want to see lebron win a championship

I would rather see The King win one over Kobe winning another. Plus I wouldn't be too upset seeing D. Wade win another.

I have 4 suite tickets to the nets opener. I can't give them aways. :lol:

I hate basketball.

This is the first season that I have missed the Celtics home opener since I have been up here in Boston for school.

I agree, I think this Miami Heat Big Three is an awesome combination. The NBA hasn't seen anything like this in years. Its sad to see how much heat Lebron James is getting because of his infamous "decision" to go down to Miami. Either way, I believe that the destiny of The New Big 3 will be to win championships.

250px-Phoenix_Suns.svg.png

We aren't as good as we were a few years ago, but I'd still put us in the Finals.

As a Pacers fan, they actually have a chance to make the playoffs this year for the first time in a while. However, if they get to the playoffs, they won't last long.

Really pulling for Boston this year, but Miami will be a tough out, very tough.

The Lakers are the deepest team in the league and have to be the favorite, despite what Miami has done. They are just so deep and can keep throwing rested bodies at their opponent.

As for college ball, my Boilermakers lost Robbie Hummel before the season even started (the first day of practice). He tore the same ACL he tore at the end of the Big Ten season last year. While they have time to get used to playing without him, he is their best player. Imagine taking Kobe Bryant away from the Lakers and you'll get a valid comparison to how much this hurts them.

Watching the Celtics-Heat game now. Rondo just keeps getting better and better and even Shaq looks good. This is my favorite sport and I'm so glad it's finally here!

It's a good wake-up call to the people who thought Miami could cruise to a 70-win season.

Not only do they not get 70+ wins or have the best record in the league, I'd lay even money that they don't win the conference. They're too small.

If their transitional game doesn't vastly improve, they're a 60 win team - at best.

I am with holding my judgement on Miami because if they grow as a team they will be pretty hard to beat. One game isn't enough to judge this team yet.

Back
Top Bottom