• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA shameful statement on Hong Kong Protests

That seems like an odd statement. So if it was ruled in the same way by the Chinese Republican Party (CRP) it would no longer be a communist country but perhaps a republic? :confused:

The critical point about CCP one-party rule is that all elements of state control have passed from past to present undiminished, and even enhanced, regardless of the economic system. That is why China remains a Communist country.

The critical point about CCP one-party rule is that all elements of state control have passed from past to present undiminished, and even enhanced, regardless of the economic system. That is why China remains a Communist country.

If it's capitalist, it cannot be communist. :doh

"Communist" no longer refers to an economic system, but rather a system of state control created by the Communist Party.

You don't get to make your own definitions, Humpty Dumpty.

Of course it can. "Communist" no longer refers to an economic system, but rather a system of state control created by the Communist Party.

Ah, I see. Up is down. Now I understand all the Climate garbage :roll:

If you can't keep up, don't play.

Yes. I will call the Reuben I just ordered a chicken sandwich when I look up the nutritional information. :roll: better yet. I’ll order a beer and call it water. Maybe it will be free.

Ah, I see. Up is down. Now I understand all the Climate garbage :roll:

Yes. I will call the Reuben I just ordered a chicken sandwich when I look up the nutritional information. :roll:

This would be more fun if you had learned the subject.

[h=3]Ideology of the Communist Party of China - Wikipedia[/h]
The ideology of the Communist Party of China has undergone dramatic changes throughout ... They therefore believe that their party ideology must be dynamic to safeguard the party's rule, unlike the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, ...

The ideology of the Communist Party of China has undergone dramatic changes throughout ... They therefore believe that their party ideology must be dynamic to safeguard the party's rule, unlike the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, ...

Calling a country which practices economic capitalism communist is no less absurd than calling someone who eats bacon a vegetarian. :roll:

Ideology of the Communist Party of China - Wikipedia

It's still not communism.
Volkswagen insists that their VR6 is a V6 motor, despite the fact that the VR block only has ONE cylinder head, with the pistons arranged in a staggered configuration but staggering the pistons does not a V-engine make, and that is according to the inventor (Leon Levasseur - 1902) who stated specifically that "in its simplest form, the V8 is basically two parallel inline-four engines sharing a common crankshaft."
Thus no matter what Volkswagen might insist, the VR6 (used most commonly in their 1990's Corrado sport coupes) is an inline six engine with staggered piston configuration and a single common cylinder head.

China can call their ideology whatever they wish but seeing as how communism was conceived as global and international idea, they don't get to create new definitions of communism either.
North Korea, more properly addressed as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, can CALL what they have "democratic" but it isn't, despite the fact that "Democratic" is part of their name.

Much has also been written about "Chinese democracy", which China also claims as its own, but the answer is, "not really".

China isn't Communist and neither is the Russian Republic.
China's "communism" is about as "communist" as the "grille" on a Tesla is about engine cooling.

B0IOjwSCAAAoYu6.jpg

Volkswagen insists that their VR6 is a V6 motor, despite the fact that the VR block only has ONE cylinder head, with the pistons arranged in a staggered configuration but staggering the pistons does not a V-engine make, and that is according to the inventor (Leon Levasseur - 1902) who stated specifically that "in its simplest form, the V8 is basically two parallel inline-four engines sharing a common crankshaft."
Thus no matter what Volkswagen might insist, the VR6 (used most commonly in their 1990's Corrado sport coupes) is an inline six engine with staggered piston configuration and a single common cylinder head.

China can call their ideology whatever they wish but seeing as how communism was conceived as global and international idea, they don't get to create new definitions of communism either.
North Korea, more properly addressed as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, can CALL what they have "democratic" but it isn't, despite the fact that "Democratic" is part of their name.

Much has also been written about "Chinese democracy", which China also claims as its own, but the answer is, "not really".

China's "communism" is about as "communist" as the "grille" on a Tesla is about engine cooling.

B0IOjwSCAAAoYu6.jpg

I woke up at 5AM. I will just call it 5PM, say the work day is over and go back to bed. :)

Calling a country which practices economic capitalism communist is no less absurd than calling someone who eats bacon a vegetarian. :roll:

B0IOjwSCAAAoYu6.jpg

It doesn't matter in the slightest what economics they practice. As you can see from the link, they regard themselves as Communist and they certainly retain Communist state controls.

It doesn't matter in the slightest what economics they practice. As you can see from the link, they regard themselves as Communist and they certainly retain Communist state controls.

You and Humpty.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
"it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

The fact that Xi Xinping is using the Humpty Dumpty argument does not serve as a suggestion that you do the same.
After all, Xi Xinping wasn't alive when Communism was ushered into being.
And it's quite clear he most likely will be around when it breathes its last.
He will be among those (Putin included) who will hasten its demise.

But at least Putin is being honest about it.

"Anyone who doesn't regret the passing of the Soviet Union has no heart. Anyone who wants it restored has no brains."

You're not being the least bit honest.
You're being Humpty Dumpty.
Pro Tip: Don't be Humpty Dumpty.

Jack, they retained some Communist state controls. But, that does not make them communist. Jesus.

I'm left wondering how libertarians and conservatives can rationalize so much that the actual meaning of "communism" is meaningless to them.
And yet, were one to bring up something like our own Constitution, they're as rigid as a pack of blued German steel piano tuning pins.

il_1588xN.1319433849_921e.jpg

At some point, flexibility, moral relativism, alternative facts and situational ethics are all going to collide head on in an arrangement like this.
Cars have to stay in their lane, and in the US, it is the right lane on a two lane road.
In England, it's the left lane.

If a car drifts over to the left side of the road in the US, it is safe to say that they are no longer driving normally.
They have drifted over to the other side of the road, and that's perfectly okay if they're in England, but if they're NOT IN ENGLAND ANYMORE...

Jack, what people are trying to explain to you is, "the Chinese aren't in England anymore", and by that token, they are not communist anymore despite being Communist with a capital "C".
They are playing a capitalist game with the entire capitalist world now.

If some of us are living IN CHINA, their internal policies have a direct effect upon us, then it is safe to say one may see visible signs of Communist Party influence in their everyday lives.
But to those of us on the outside, like here in the USA, for instance, they appear as capitalists. They are playing the capitalist market and using capitalist dollars to fund their growth, just as other capitalists would do.

And despite the internal influence of Communist Party ideology and policy, Chinese people are earning money for a living, purchasing hard and soft goods, making a profit at business and paying for services both out of pocket and via taxation. Their internal system of governance is now making large use of privatized business as an interface with government services, too.

The private sector, by whatever definition one wants, is thriving. And when owners thrive, that is indeed the PRIVATE portion of what IS in fact defined AS "private sector", even in China.

There's your capitalism.
Chinese capitalism is vastly different from Western capitalism, and the same may be said of "Chinese democracy" as well.
However both exist in some form or another and currently, Chinese capitalism is enthralling the entire planet.

You and Humpty.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
"it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

The fact that Xi Xinping is using the Humpty Dumpty argument does not serve as a suggestion that you do the same.
After all, Xi Xinping wasn't alive when Communism was ushered into being.
And it's quite clear he most likely will be around when it breathes its last.
He will be among those (Putin included) who will hasten its demise.

But at least Putin is being honest about it.

You're not being the least bit honest.
You're being Humpty Dumpty.
Pro Tip: Don't be Humpty Dumpty.

You are fooling yourself.

The only thing absurd is that you think China practices economic capitalism

Read my sig...then, you'll see who thinks "China practices economic capitalism." My position is simply that they are no longer communist.

And, they are certainly much more capitalist than communist. Maybe you should read about it. :roll:

Read my sig...then, you'll see who thinks "China practices economic capitalism." My position is simply that they are no longer communist.

And, they are certainly much more capitalist than communist. Maybe you should read about it. :roll:

Marxism–Leninism was the first official ideology of the Communist Party of China, and is a combination of classical Marxism (the works of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels) and Leninism (the thoughts of Vladimir Lenin).

Back
Top Bottom