• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA shameful statement on Hong Kong Protests

with an capitalist system---ergo, not communist. :roll:

May I suggest you take note of the capitalization.
This was my profession for decades. Economically speaking, most "communist" countries were actually "state capitalist" for many, many years before the communist regimes fell. The change by which you set such store was/is neither unusual nor important.

I think what many people are missing is why wasn't Daryl Morey fired?

Forget about freedom of speech. His tweet was silly and caused this mess. Something like that should not be tweeted by an NBA executive.

Imagine if Rory McIlroy posted support for white nationalist supporters.

I think what many people are missing is why wasn't Daryl Morey fired?

Forget about freedom of speech. His tweet was silly and caused this mess. Something like that should not be tweeted by an NBA executive.

Imagine if Rory McIlroy posted support for white nationalist supporters.

His tweet was a great moment in the fight for freedom.

His tweet was a great moment in the fight for freedom.

It was a political statement that had no place from someone in that position.

Imagine if Tim Cook posted something like that.

Again, he has the right to post that but it was stupid to post that. Imagine if Tiger Woods posted support for a group like Black Lives Matter or ANTIFA?

It was a political statement that had no place from someone in that position.

Imagine if Tim Cook posted something like that.

Again, he has the right to post that but it was stupid to post that. Imagine if Tiger Woods posted support for a group like Black Lives Matter or ANTIFA?

The examples you cite would all be good things.

Lebron.... sometimes free speech isn't good.

Why doesn't he ask 1.4 Billion Chinese how they feel about that.

The idiot can barely speak English, never mind trying to act like a freaking Aristotle.

Lebron.... sometimes free speech isn't good.

Why doesn't he ask 1.4 Billion Chinese how they feel about that.

The idiot can barely speak English, never mind trying to act like a freaking Aristotle.

That's why I know he didn't write that last tweet. His publicist wrote it for him.

He could have just written, "In China we shut up and dribble."

I don't see hypocrisy either way. Two separate issues.

Not really. "Shut up and throw" versus "shut up and dribble." No different.

I praise Colin's gutsy stance and reject LeBron's cowardice in the face of real adversity. Now that is consistent.

No. That's not what I said. China is communist because it is ruled by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Ideology has nothing to do with it.
North Korea can call itself a republic because there's nothing in the definition of "republic" that prevents it.

That seems like an odd statement. So if it was ruled in the same way by the Chinese Republican Party (CRP) it would no longer be a communist country but perhaps a republic? :confused:

It’s all about the money, as always.
Perhaps US shouldn’t be doing so much business with a communist country with a horrible human rights record.

Not really. "Shut up and throw" versus "shut up and dribble." No different.

I praise Colin's gutsy stance and reject LeBron's cowardice in the face of real adversity. Now that is consistent.

Seems to me there's a big difference between debating whether it's appropriate to kneel during the national anthem and cravenly siding with a dictator against people fighting for freedom.

Back
Top Bottom