• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA Pulls All Star Game From NC Over HB2

1.)You have been asking for proof of a contract or agreement between the city and the NBA.
2.) By asking what I did I am trying to figure out if your that naïve on how events like the All Star Game, Super Bowl, ect happen.
3.)vIf you were a Mayor of a City would commit to spending millions of tax payers dollars without a contract or agreement from the other party involved?
4.)Funny how there is no word from the NBA on moving the team out of state. Hypocracy at the highest level.

1.) correct i asked for proof becasue a poster was saying they violated the contract and they are going to get sued. There ZERO facts that support that claim
2.) well I guess you got your answer, what you learned is your assumption was completely illogical and to pay attention to context next time.
3.) again, who said theres no contract? NOBODY please stop with this strawman it already failed and is failing even worse now.
4.) thats not hypocrisy at all unless of course AGAIN you know how the team can be moved right now or any time soon. Again we would need to know how the contacts work for that team, how much power the actual owner, it there a lease agreement etc etc.

Could it be hypocrisy? yes it could, it could also not be hypocrisy. You are wrongly guessing just like the person who wrongly guess the NBA is in violation of contract.

1.) correct i asked for proof becasue a poster was saying they violated the contract and they are going to get sued. There ZERO facts that support that claim
2.) well I guess you got your answer, what you learned is your assumption was completely illogical and to pay attention to context next time.
3.) again, who said theres no contract? NOBODY please stop with this strawman it already failed and is failing even worse now.
4.) thats not hypocrisy at all unless of course AGAIN you know how the team can be moved right now or any time soon. Again we would need to know how the contacts work for that team, how much power the actual owner, it there a lease agreement etc etc.

Could it be hypocrisy? yes it could, it could also not be hypocrisy. You are wrongly guessing just like the person who wrongly guess the NBA is in violation of contract.

1. Not everything is available on the internet. If you want to see if there was a NC/NBA contract for the all star game. You could ask the NBA or NC.
2. Your the one hung up on wanting proof a contract, not me.
3. Yes , your old who said there was no contact is a ploy used by many to distract. Then why bring it up.

4. Do you believe there was a contract or not for the event in question ? YES or NO .

5. Total dodge. If the NBA feels so strongly, they should move the team. They most likely can afford what ever consequences:mrgreen:.

Then explain why the NBA feels they need to move the All Star Game because of the new law, but it is ok for the Hornets to continue to play in NC?

1. Not everything is available on the internet. If you want to see if there was a NC/NBA contract for the all star game. You could ask the NBA or NC.
2. Your the one hung up on wanting proof a contract, not me.
3. Yes , your old who said there was no contact is a ploy used by many to distract. Then why bring it up.

4. Do you believe there was a contract or not for the event in question ? YES or NO .

5. Total dodge. If the NBA feels so strongly, they should move the team. They most likely can afford what ever consequences:mrgreen:.
6.)Then explain why the NBA feels they need to move the All Star Game because of the new law, but it is ok for the Hornets to continue to play in NC?

1.) no need since i didnt make the false claim like that poster did, its now his responsibility to back up his false claim
2.) correct int he context of another poster making up false claims. Like I said you should pay attention
3.) No i stated a fact that the statement I was addressing had no proof. That fact is still true :)
4.) I cant answer that because its not a yes or no question. If I had to guess I would guess there is sometype of at least verbal agreement. But what you keep missing even if there is one contract of 100 that doenst mean the contract was vailote. Like i said, context, try to keep up.
5.) no its not a dodge at its based on FACTS. so i have a habit of requiring those before I make stuff up and jump to conclusions. It could be hypocritical, it also could not be
6.) already did, i stated the reason THEY stated much earlier, as far as the hornets staying I cant answer because nobody knows the ins and outs of the situation. Thats exactly my point.

Fact remains, anybody saying the NBA violated the contract is guessing unless they can produce the contract and show where the breach is at. Nothing has changed :)
Just like the fact you are guessing they are being hypocritical, theres no facts to support that yet. none :shrug:

No doubt they'll also pull out of their planned preseason games in Shanghai and Beijing.

Right?

Of course. Just like Bryan Adams pulled out his concert in Egypt, where gay people spend time in prison.

Not going to take the time to look up the other articles I read for you. The articles indicated that in order to host the All Star Game the improvements had to be made. So in some ways it is all tied together.

If the new law is such a big deal to the NBA, when are they going to move the Hornets from NC? Seems if the law bothers them that much, then they should move the team out now, rather than later. :mrgreen:

Sounds to me more like the upgrades were needed long before the ASG came in to the picture. The ability to then host the ASG was basically a secondary benefit. If the team and their owners don't care, that's fine but it doesn't mean the NBA board has to like it when they are able to move the game to a different, more amicable and accepting city.

NBA: No plans now to move All-Star Game from Charlotte, but HB2 ‘problematic’ | The Charlotte Observer

Charlotte, which last hosted the All-Star Game in 1991, won the bid to host the 2017 game last June. The city agreed in 2014 to pay $27.5 million toward arena improvements, many of which are required under an operating agreement with the Hornets, who play in the arena and operate it for the city. The NBA saw those improvements as key to any All-Star bid.​

links and proof contracts were broken, thanks?

NBA will be sued? all start tickets were sold already?
Links and factual proof please, thanks LOL
It's obvious you think you're making a point, but you're not. You're just trying to "win" the debate by demanding something that seems reasonable on the surface but is really too early for anyone to produce. It's a sham request, in other words.

It's obvious you think you're making a point, but you're not. You're just trying to "win" the debate by demanding something that seems reasonable on the surface but is really too early for anyone to produce. It's a sham request, in other words.

actually my point was made and there's nothing to win because the facts i stated are 100% right. A contract existing means NOTHING, the contract could be exactly what allowed the NBA to do what they did. SO posting lies saying "they are gonna get sued and it violates the contract" is the sham. :)

actually my point was made and there's nothing to win because the facts i stated are 100% right. A contract existing means NOTHING, the contract could be exactly what allowed the NBA to do what they did. SO posting lies saying "they are gonna get sued and it violates the contract" is the sham. :)
Unless you are somehow privy to any contracts, you don't know that. Your guess is as good as their's.

Unless you are somehow privy to any contracts, you don't know that. Your guess is as good as their's.

100% correct and I have said that in both threads and its exactly my point. This is why i used words like "could". Thank you for helping me further make my point and point out the fact thats statements like "the NBA will be sued" and "the nba violated contracts" are complete guesses without proof.

100% correct and I have said that in both threads and its exactly my point. This is why i used words like "could". Thank you for helping me further make my point and point out the fact thats statements like "the NBA will be sued" and "the nba violated contracts" are complete guesses without proof.
Of course they're guesses, but if your point was to demonstrate them as guesses then a tactic other than demanding proof as if there is some would have been less rude.

Of course they're guesses, but if your point was to demonstrate them as guesses then a tactic other than demanding proof as if there is some would have been less rude.

So asking for facts and proof when a poster makes a statement that is inaccurate and is selling it as a fact is rude? And in this case a poster that is known to chronically post lies and inaccurate statements? sorry Ill NEVER see it as rude, ever. its basic common sense, debate and or the principle of honest conversation.

You are free to feel it is but since theres a very simply solution to it I just dont see it that way. If a poster doesn't post lies or make claims they are trying to sell as facts when they are not then other posters won ask for proof or facts. :shrug:

So asking for facts and proof when a poster makes a statement that is inaccurate and is selling it as a fact is rude? And in this case a poster that is known to chronically post lies and inaccurate statements? sorry Ill NEVER see it as rude, ever. its basic common sense, debate and or the principle of honest conversation.

You are free to feel it is but since theres a very simply solution to it I just dont see it that way. If a poster doesn't post lies or make claims they are trying to sell as facts when they are not then other posters won ask for proof or facts. :shrug:
Presentation. Word choice.

Point. you cannot prove the persons post is incarcerate. If you could you would provide a copy of the contract to show you are correct.

As others have stated, it is a guess by posters who feel a "contract/agreement" was broken by the NBA or the NBA had the right to move the Game.

So provide a link to the contract/agreement to show your guesses are correct.

Personally, I think the NBA is doing for publicity. If they thought the new law was so bad, they would pull the team from NC no matter if it was legal or not to do so.

Presentation. Word choice.

I don't care much about presentation or word choice in most cases here unless:
talking to a poster I know, who is honest, has integrity and is currently showing it
talking to a poster I don't know who hasn't proven themselves to be dishonest or lack integrity yet
hence how I address you compared to the poster that made the original inaccurate claims that the nab is in violation and will be sued.
just the way it is :shrug:

but thanks for that advice

1.)Point. you cannot prove the persons post is incarcerate. If you could you would provide a copy of the contract to show you are correct.
2.) As others have stated, it is a guess by posters who feel a "contract/agreement" was broken by the NBA or the NBA had the right to move the Game.
3.) So provide a link to the contract/agreement to show your guesses are correct.
4.) Personally, I think the NBA is doing for publicity.
5.) If they thought the new law was so bad, they would pull the team from NC no matter if it was legal or not to do so.

1.) 100% correct nor did I ever say I could LMAO
2.) yes and those "others" includes me, I said it was a guess
3.) not needed since I didn't claim my guess was correct. Like I told you about 3 times already. Yo might want to try and keep up, read what is actually being posted and pay attention to context ;)
4.) They very well maybe
5.) thats one of the most illogical thing i have read on this issue, wow

You realize you just said you think if the NBA thought the law was bad they would just break laws and do illegal activity to move a team when the fact remains they might not even be able to because they technically dont own it 100%

I agree with you "IF" they have the power to move it, then they should . . . .BUT nothing logical suggests they do.
You realize they might not even be able to legally move it for like 5 years or something right? They may have ZERO power to move it right now . . nobody knows, so your statement is very illogical.

1.) 100% correct nor did I ever say I could LMAO
2.) yes and those "others" includes me, I said it was a guess
3.) not needed since I didn't claim my guess was correct. Like I told you about 3 times already. Yo might want to try and keep up, read what is actually being posted and pay attention to context ;)
4.) They very well maybe
5.) thats one of the most illogical thing i have read on this issue, wow

You realize you just said you think if the NBA thought the law was bad they would just break laws and do illegal activity to move a team when the fact remains they might not even be able to because they technically dont own it 100%

I agree with you "IF" they have the power to move it, then they should . . . .BUT nothing logical suggests they do.
You realize they might not even be able to legally move it for like 5 years or something right? They may have ZERO power to move it right now . . nobody knows, so your statement is very illogical.

Your funny.
Your post is meaningless.

So many weasel words. The only statements that are illogical is yours. Thanks for trolling. (lol).

Your funny.
Your post is meaningless.

So many weasel words. The only statements that are illogical is yours. Thanks for trolling. (lol).

Translation: the fact I pointed out earlier is 100% true, the facts I pointed out now about them moving is 100% true. You cant show integrity and admit your earlier mistake nor can you back up your current claim about moving like so you are deflecting and running away. Thats what I thought LMAO

but by all means if you disagree bring ONE fact to the table that proves me wrong . . one.,....also bring ONE fact to the table that supports your claim that what I said was illogical. . .you wont cause you cant.

Hopefully in the future you avoid your mistakes, you're welcome.

Translation: the fact I pointed out earlier is 100% true, the facts I pointed out now about them moving is 100% true. You cant show integrity and admit your earlier mistake nor can you back up your current claim about moving like so you are deflecting and running away. Thats what I thought LMAO

but by all means if you disagree bring ONE fact to the table that proves me wrong . . one.,....also bring ONE fact to the table that supports your claim that what I said was illogical. . .you wont cause you cant.

Hopefully in the future you avoid your mistakes, you're welcome.

Such BS. with nothing from you to back it up.

We are done, Have a good one. Go NC!

1.)Such BS. with nothing from you to back it up.
2.)We are done
3.) Have a good one. Go NC!

1.) more running, that's what I thought. You have ZERO facts to support your claims and I clearly backed up everything I posted LMA why lie? LMAO
2.) you were done posts ago . . .;)
3.) I will you helped make it, thanks, you do that same.

That's exactly his point. We can't declare this is a contract violation because none of us know what the contract says.

Back
Top Bottom