• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA Orlando Bubble idea is too dangerous

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The NBA is looking to hook players UP when the season picks up in Orlando next month ... with the Disney World "bubble" reportedly featuring DJ sets, ping-pong, movies, barbers, billiards and the whole VIP treatment.

The details on the living arrangements are trickling out courtesy of Shams Charania ... and it sounds like the Association is pulling out all the stops to make the experience as enjoyable as possible for its players.

NBA's Orlando Bubble Will Reportedly Have DJs, Video Games, VIP Treatment

If I were a player, I would refuse to participate in this dangerous social science experiment. This sounds way too disorganized.

I would do it if they paid me.

With the F. L. A. in full-on outbreak mode, I doubt this happens now.

They need to move it to Alaska or hawaii.

They need to go to Australia. At least that country is led by people with ****ing brains.

The NBA should if there is any justice collapse into waves of bankruptcies.

I have no interest in either their playing nor their best interests, they clearly dont care about mine.

The NBA should if there is any justice collapse into waves of bankruptcies.

I have no interest in either their playing nor their best interests, they clearly dont care about mine.

They have the suns playing the wizards. No fans no TV... wtf is the point?

I think all the discussion is moot.

None of these guys would be where they are if they were not very competitive. Money is more a way to keep score than a thing in itself. Also, there are several players that are already recovered, with no serious complications. The players, at least, will insist on going through with it.

I think all the discussion is moot.

None of these guys would be where they are if they were not very competitive. Money is more a way to keep score than a thing in itself. Also, there are several players that are already recovered, with no serious complications. The players, at least, will insist on going through with it.

Nice my Lakers signed J.R. Smith, one of the greatest shooters in the NBA history. He will help a lot.

Once again, this is a baaad idea.

ESPN’s leading NBA reporter sent an expletive-laced email to the office of Senator Josh Hawley (R., Mo.) after Hawley challenged NBA commissioner Adam Silver over the league’s new policy that allows players to wear social justice messages on their jerseys.

After he sent a Friday letter to Silver — which asked if the league would allow for players to promote pro–law enforcement or anti–Chinese Communist Party messages — Hawley tweeted an email that he received from Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPN’s senior NBA insider.

After Hawley’s press office blasted out the letter’s release, Wojnarowski responded by emailing “f*** you.”

ESPN Reporter Curses Out Josh Hawley for Critical NBA Letter | National Review

LOL. The NBA should tread very carefully.

Trust me, the Phoenix Suns have an advantage, they have been playing home games in front of no fans for the last 8 years...

It's the older coaches, refs, support staff, etc, etc.

When someone famous dies, everything changes (as if 135,000 in 4 months isn't enough).

This won't work because these guys are too spoiled to follow the rules.

Covid will find it's way in as a result.

Steph Curry is correct imo. Have more bubbles. We may as well look at the Swedish model now folks. AmeriCAN’Ts simply do not have the guts or determination to handle this. Too bad we’re not one of the vast majority of United Nations.

Back
Top Bottom