• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA Cancels 2017 All-Star Game In North Carolina Over Anti-LGBT Law

Its good to see the NBA and other companies standing up against bigotry and standing up for what is right.

Its good to see the NBA and other companies standing up against bigotry and standing up for what is right.

Here my rub. As individuals (players, couches, managers) they can say whatever they want and take whatever stand they want. Since taxpayers most likely paid for all or a good part of the basketball arena for the NBA, I don't believe they should take away the opportunity for extra revenue the all star game would provide.

Here my rub. As individuals (players, couches, managers) they can say whatever they want and take whatever stand they want. Since taxpayers most likely paid for all or a good part of the basketball arena for the NBA, I don't believe they should take away the opportunity for extra revenue the all star game would provide.

the taxpayers of north carolina can eat a steaming pile of charles barkley's **** for what their government just did. If they don't like it, elect better government

and if they continue, hopefully they will lose their team next

Last edited:
the taxpayers of north carolina can eat a steaming pile of charles barkley's **** for what their government just did. If they don't like it, elect better government

that's just plain overly dramatic and hateful. what do you think that average NBA player thinks about homosexuals?

that's just plain overly dramatic and hateful. what do you think that average NBA player thinks about homosexuals?

probably thinks better of them than you, if your posts here are any indication

not very tolerant of you. I agree voters should elect who they want in office. Individuals should protest for change. Not so much for businesses.
(maybe the NBA should improve the diversity program within the league):mrgreen:

probably thinks better of them than you, if your posts here are any indication

ah but you are wrong. i only have disdain for those who want to impose hardship on people who have nothing to do with the law or who see anyone or anything that does not agree with your agenda 100% as
"bigots" or hateful

:roll: This is ridiculous. Maybe rational people can place conferences or events in NC to upset these fools at the NBA.

:roll: This is ridiculous. Maybe rational people can place conferences or events in NC to upset these fools at the NBA.

Don't write bigotry into your state laws then maybe business' won't want to avoid the state.

Don't write bigotry into your state laws then maybe business' won't want to avoid the state.

The bigotry is these groups and people not allowing another state to let private businesses run their own bathrooms. It's nothing more than saber rattling and arm twisting because someone did something they didn't like. These groups and this rational against an entire state is nothing more than blind-hatred at the sound of "anti-LGBT" and a misunderstanding of things or an intolerance to accept another view.

Yeah, **** the entire population of a state for their government not acting in line with your political goals and agendas.

What is funny is that even after you said that you believe you have the higher ground.

I wonder what would happen if all fifty states did something the left didn't like. Would the NBA All-star game be played in China or something? :lol:

Bigotry is forcing businesses to comply with non-existent "bathroom rights" retained by the people who go to these businesses.

Hello, private property rights.

Bigotry is forcing businesses to comply with non-existent "bathroom rights" retained by the people who go to these businesses.

Hello, private property rights.

Exactly. Liberals are once again working off a completely ridiculous understanding of human rights to declare their rights are being violated.

Doesn't mean that they aren't ****ing morons for passing stupid laws like this.

its a tempest in a teapot. there is no way to enforce it. its all smoke and no fire and the hs eternal reactions against it are as stupid as the law itself

its a tempest in a teapot. there is no way to enforce it. its all smoke and no fire and the hs eternal reactions against it are as stupid as the law itself
I actually agree with that. This law seems like it's going to be nearly impossible (or at least very difficult) to enforce.

Back
Top Bottom