• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Well, it's that time again. As they say, the best time of the year. We have college football in full swing, baseball playoffs around the corner, the Arron Judge chase of the real single season record, 61 home runs, women's collegiate soccer, NFL.... and just around the corner, the best of all, the NBA!!!!!!

To start the year we have Udoka being suspended from the Celtics for a year!

Yes, the NBA is not just the best of all sports but it always has the most drama!

BTW, we also have the men's World Cup this Fall.

I don't know about others but all these great sport events limits my audio/music appreciation. That is the only down side. Well, that and the occasional family party where you are forbidden to watch your game. :( Having to socialize with family, of all people instead! OK, OK, I love my kids and grandkids, it's not that bad. But truth be told, my oldest grandson and I will likely sneak away to catch up on some game until discovered in my office and made to return to the full gathering.

My Net's have the 1, 2 and 3 in the league. They have no 4 and no 5. WTF kind of team is this?

You can't win in the NBA without a 4 and 5 no matter how could 1,2 and 3 are.

Philly looks like the team in the east to beat. IMHO

Run by the assistant coach.
Interestingly enough, Mezzulla was a finalist for the Utah job this year, so he seems to be highly thought of around the league, albeit still very young.

IMO, of the four major North American sports, I think coaching in the NBA matters the least. It's very much a players' league.

IMO, of the four major North American sports, I think coaching in the NBA matters the least. It's very much a players' league.

I can prove you wrong. Just watch Nash coach (that is what they call it) Brooklyn

Adelaide 36ers;

Lakers turn down trade of Westbrook and two unprotected 1st rounders to Indiana for Hield and Turner.

Regular season two weeks tomorrow at Boston and Lakers.
Expecting a ‘healthy’ season compared to other sports.

I can prove you wrong. Just watch Nash coach (that is what they call it) Brooklyn
Are you saying you've never seen a coach royally screw up an NFL team?

Besides Brooklyn has a far more corrosive factor than Steve Nash: Kyrie Irving.

Are you saying you've never seen a coach royally screw up an NFL team?

Besides Brooklyn has a far more corrosive factor than Steve Nash: Kyrie Irving.

My post was just a dig at Nash who is the worst NBA coach i have ever seen.

As to football, yes, I have always said they are the 12th starter and the second most important starter after the qb.

Draymond just being a thug as usual

Good preseason crowds and still 12 days from 10/18.
nhl and nba are smart to start on back-to-back Tuesdays.

I don't know... I think it's a good thing when a guy brings intensity to practice. Like Josephus said about the Romans - "Their exercises are unbloody battles, and their battles bloody exercises."

A hard foul is intensity, sucker punching a teammate is a ***** move. .

A hard foul is intensity, sucker punching a teammate is a ***** move. .

We don't know everything that went into it. I'm not saying Green wasn't in the wrong... of course he went over line. But that doesn't make him the spawn of all evil either. **** happens.

I would argue this.

Feel free... bottom line, I think he's the backbone of Golden State. When he's on his game, they're pretty much untouchable. It not because of talent... Curry, Thompson and Wiggins & Co. bring the talent. Green brings the intensity.

nba west: daunting, brutal, loaded, stacked, dominant, open, deep

Yes, looks good. But the east is better.
Who do you see already tanking in the East? HOU and SA are obvious in the West? Who wants the two huge draftees the most? Not the best look, imo.

What is your read on the validity of the term ‘load management’ & the importance of top seeds for home court?

Should ‘angry’ Giannis be favored without Middleton to start the season? I have a long shot ticket on Denver; minimal; LAC is loaded.

Without having the schedules for the important teams memorized yet, I can’t say who has those advantages, though they will be there.

Some guy talking hockey did say back-to-back isn’t bad early on and with younger players.

Who do you see already tanking in the East? HOU and SA are obvious in the West? Who wants the two huge draftees the most? Not the best look, imo.

What is your read on the validity of the term ‘load management’ & the importance of top seeds for home court?

Should ‘angry’ Giannis be favored without Middleton to start the season? I have a long shot ticket on Denver; minimal; LAC is loaded.

Without having the schedules for the important teams memorized yet, I can’t say who has those advantages, though they will be there.

Some guy talking hockey did say back-to-back isn’t bad early on and with younger players.

Well Miami and Boston should have no problems with back to backs.'
Cleveland looks like they put together quite a team.
Milwaukee's Giannis, the hardest worker in the NBA? I think so.
Philly should be much improved. Harden is still no joke if he puts his place in the right place.
Knicks are improved. They will win the games they should have last year.
Brooklyn with Kyrie? With no 4 or 5? They have a pile of good players IF they are all healthy but even so, no 4 or 5. Few realize the Net's picked up TJ Warren. I have heard this accusation called the best in the off season in the NBA. But can he come back? Harris and Curry, 2 of the best 3 point shooters ever. And no matter the upside if all goes perfect, they have no 4 or 5 and do have Kyrie.

Like every years, it looks like everyone (less Brooklyn) is improved.

Well, the NBA has started and Philly falls to Boston.

35 points for Harden, Brown and Tatum

Last edited:
We don't know everything that went into it. I'm not saying Green wasn't in the wrong... of course he went over line. But that doesn't make him the spawn of all evil either. **** happens.

Look at his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom