• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2021

Uh, no.

Great players in the league:
Giannis
James
Leonard
Durant
Lillard
Harden
Russ
Luka
Victor
Butler

See, no Gordon.

Averaging 24 ppg in the month of January. The Hornets are for REAL.

Averaging 24 ppg in the month of January. The Hornets are for REAL.
It's too early and the guy hasn't played a full season since Lebron was taking Cleveland to four straight finals. Gordon needs to last before I put him anywhere on the list of "great" players. And, even then, I doubt he gets past talented loafers like Irving. And, he'll never get a sniff of being on my list of 10 best.

Should be fun now the Nets have James Harden. Harden Durant and Irving, wow!
Irving now has two guys he won't pass to. ...lol

I have trouble seeing Harden AND Irving taking a backseat and being spot-up shooters.
KD is going to lose his ****ing mind. There are no two worse teammates than Tubby and Chuck.

KD and Kyrie with 30 each; Harden comes on strong in the 4th to reach 17. Tie game at the end of 4.

Sexton goes stud, scores 42 as the Cavs beat the Nets in Double-Overtime.

Isn't it pretty obvious that James Harden should be handling the ball more than Irving?

No, it is not. Hardin is a turnover machine.

Steve Nash needs to actually.... coach.

I think Steve has done fine. The problem is he has players that figure defense is for someone else to play, not them.
I know it's only a few games but this team has no desire.
Hardin seems to have come here with a positive mindset but he needs to start looking for his shot and stay in control.

Miami Heat to use coronavirus-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games”

How is this a real headline? The NBA is just craziness this year

RIP Sekou Smith!

Sekou Smith, a longtime NBA reporter and television analyst, died Tuesday after a battle with COVID-19. He was 48.

A native of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Smith went to college at Jackson State in Mississippi, before starting his career at the Clarion-Ledger in Jackson. He went on to become a fixture in the NBA universe -- first as a beat writer covering the Indiana Pacers for the Indianapolis Star and the Atlanta Hawks for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, before joining Turner Sports in 2009.

For more than a decade, Smith starred across all platforms for Turner, serving as an analyst for NBA TV, a writer for NBA.com and a host of the Hang Time Podcast.

Smith is survived by his wife, Heather, and their three children, Gabriel, Rielly and Cameron.

LeBron becoming a Laker ruined the NBA for me... and Rondo and L Ball and Stevenson and another guy I forgot...

I won't be a Lakers fan again until LeBron is gone... prancy footed team hopping hack that has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Dr J etc... much less Jordan.

LeBron becoming a Laker ruined the NBA for me... and Rondo and L Ball and Stevenson and another guy I forgot...

I won't be a Lakers fan again until LeBron is gone... prancy footed team hopping hack that has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Bird, Dr J etc... much less Jordan.
LeBron on LA just means no one out East watches him play anymore. I hear they’re pretty good, but I haven’t bothered to stay up past midnight to find out how good.

I guess I still like Giannis, but I haven’t really watched any Bucks games either yet. Cavs beating Brooklyn twice was nice. And, the youngest Ball brother on Charlotte might work out, once he gets off the bench. He’s averaging 7 assists in like 20 minutes as a back up.

Westbrook now in Washington and all the other players switching teams has left me with a bit of a bad taste. It didn’t help that Thompson blew out his Achilles or that I cannot name a single player on the Bulls. Hell, I’m not even exactly sure who all plays for Miami these days.

Last edited:
LeBron on LA just means no one out East watches him play anymore. I hear they’re pretty good, but I haven’t bothered to stay up past midnight to find out how good.

I guess I still like Giannis, but I haven’t really watched any Bucks games either yet. Cavs beating Brooklyn twice was nice. And, the youngest Ball bros. On Charlotte might work out, once he gets off the bench. He’s averaging 7 assists in like 20 minutes as a back up.
I can barely watch the NBA anymore even if it is the Lakers or Golden State... but with LeBron there... forget about it.

lol...Embid seems to be a bit of a cry baby.

That was not a Flagrant 2.

And, that was a flagrant 1.

Philly at the top of the East is a huge surprise. So is seeing Cleveland and the Hawks at 500. Pacers with the same number of wins as the Bucks (11) is also unexpected.
Wizards and Westbrook in last makes me laugh. Heat near the bottom is a shock. Raptors right there with them is not.

Out West? I don't know if I care. But the two LA teams and Utah all lead with 14 wins. Warriors are surprisingly over 500. So too are Phoenix, Memphis and the San Antonio Spurs. Rockets without Russell and Harden are doing far better than Washington, but they are tied with the Thunder and nowhere near in contention for a playoff spot, which has to put a smile on Chris Paul's face, for sure, since his Suns are actually competitive this year.

Mavericks are a huge disappointment, as are Jordan's perennial losers in Charlotte. Maybe it's time to give Baby Ball the, uh ball.

Back
Top Bottom