• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2021

Charlotte beat them to the punch.

Report is Celtics, Pacers and Hayward could not close a deal satisfactory to all three parties.

So the Lakers get rid of Dwight Howard, an emotional soft big man, and land:

Montrezl Harrell, the sixth man of the year.

win.

The Lakers trade away JaVale McGee, a scrub last year, and land:

Marc Gasol, a savvy vet/all-star

The Lakers get rid of Avery Bradley, a guy that didn't want to play in the bubble and land:

Dennis Schroder, the runner up to the sixth man of the year.

Oh ya, the Lakers are indeed COOKING.

LOL

Kawhi Leonard
Serge Ibaka
Marc Gasol

All leave Toronto.

They have to overpay to keep Fren VanVleet (Is he even 6 feet tall).

And they have to play in that hell hole in Tampa Bay.

Hopefully, the Raptors get paid in us dollars.

So the Lakers get rid of Dwight Howard, an emotional soft big man, and land:

Montrezl Harrell, the sixth man of the year.

win.

The Lakers trade away JaVale McGee, a scrub last year, and land:

Marc Gasol, a savvy vet/all-star

The Lakers get rid of Avery Bradley, a guy that didn't want to play in the bubble and land:

Dennis Schroder, the runner up to the sixth man of the year.

Oh ya, the Lakers are indeed COOKING.
How old is Gasol?

Giannis rumored to be on the Lakers list with AD offering to leave cash on the table so LeBron can go out in style.

Intriguing

How old is Gasol?

We got the baby brother. Big brother won a ring with LA, little bro will follow.

And the good thing is Marc is a professional. No more amateur hour with Dwight Howard and Javelle McGee.

We got the baby brother. Big brother won a ring with LA, little bro will follow.

And the good thing is Marc is a professional. No more amateur hour with Dwight Howard and Javelle McGee.
Big men on the downside of 35 rarely fare well in the league.

When players get a chance to leave "the North" they leave as quickly as possible. Leonard, Ibaka, Gasol, etc...

You cannot beat Los Angeles.

Word is big brother Pau is thinking about coming back and signing with the Lakers.

The Gasol brothers, leborn, ad? WOW!

Word is big brother Pau is thinking about coming back and signing with the Lakers.

The Gasol brothers, leborn, ad? WOW!
Are they going to bring back "walking cane" night?

1606443830205.png

I bet CanadaJon is praying LeBron just gets old and declines. He can't wait for King James to be out of the league.

When will that be? 1 year? 2? I think King James has 3-5 good years left and based on this picture, his son, Bronny James looks like the second coming.

King James II is coming to the NBA looks like he will be a monster on the court.

View attachment 67306425

I bet CanadaJon is praying LeBron just gets old and declines. He can't wait for King James to be out of the league.

When will that be? 1 year? 2? I think King James has 3-5 good years left and based on this picture, his son, Bronny James looks like the second coming.

King James II is coming to the NBA looks like he will be a monster on the court.
I see James playing five more years. But, only two or three at the high level.

LiAngelo Ball has signed with the Pistons so all three ball brothers are in the NBA with cousin Dre Ball @ Pepperdine.

Wow, what a dumb trade for the Rockets. You trade Westbrook for John Wall, a player who hasn't played in the NBA in two years!

They don't even have a first-round pick this year! They went from Chris Paul to Westbrook, to Wall - TERRIBLE!

Interesting trade, if it goes down.

I am proud to say that I voted for LeBron James for President.

Without LeBron James and his efforts to build More Than A Vote, it is entirely possible that Biden would not have won Arizona, Pennsylvania, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

Voter suppression is a REAL issue:

Black communities often experience understaffed facilities, poor voting conditions, broken voting machines, long lines and undermining efforts to vote by mail. One in 13 Black Americans can’t vote due to disenfranchisement laws. Seventy percent of Georgia voters purged in 2018 were Black. Eighty percent of registrants blocked by Georgia’s strict “exact match” law were people of color.

In Florida, after voters overwhelmingly approved a constitutional amendment to give ex-felons released from prison the right to vote, the state legislature passed a law requiring those individuals to pay the entirety of fines owed before they can register — a modern-day poll tax. And we know, because of a broken criminal justice system, who makes up the vast majority of those disenfranchised by this law … Black people. More Than A Vote has partnered with the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition to try to fight this law and help people pay this unjust poll tax. This is just one of the countless examples of systemic voter suppression through the abuse of political power. If we don’t take the same energy we had during the protests and organize, it will just keep happening.

The third form of voter suppression is deliberately lying to and misinforming Black voters. It is publishing and broadcasting wrong and intimidating information to our community to keep us from voting through fear and confusion. Shouldn’t surprise anyone, but those trying to spread false information on social media about the election target Black voters more aggressively than any other voters. More Than A Vote will be working with our partners to use our voices and influence to help share accurate information and to educate about voting.

LeBron James is a true leader and using his platform to bring on positive social change. Jordan was too busy building his shoe empire. Kobe was too focused on basketball.

LeBron, the true face of the NBA.

The NBA are mass murderers refusing to wear masks while playing with NO justification for doing so. There are hundreds of messages by Democrats just on this forum claiming as fact that masks do not restrict breathing whatsoever.

So once again we see "rules for thee but not for me" for the super rich. Only idiots buy into any of the never-ending covid-19 bioterrorism campaign of the richest people on earth not only to destroy all their economic competitors and to make trillions extra, but also to take total control of government and turn everyone into their submissive slaves.

The NBA are mass murderers refusing to wear masks while playing with NO justification for doing so. There are hundreds of messages by Democrats just on this forum claiming as fact that masks do not restrict breathing whatsoever.

So once again we see "rules for thee but not for me" for the super rich. Only idiots buy into any of the never-ending covid-19 bioterrorism campaign of the richest people on earth not only to destroy all their economic competitors and to make trillions extra, but also to take total control of government and turn everyone into their submissive slaves.

Do you want to know who is sick? Republicans that say 80+-year-olds that die from COVID-19 shouldn't count as COVID victims because "they were going to die anyway."

What about Republicans that say people in nursing homes/assisted living facilities are on borrowed time.

Joko, stop POLLUTING this thread with nonsense.

In an interview on the “All The Smoke” podcast with former NBA players Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson, George had an interesting explanation, essentially blaming his struggles on coach Doc Rivers.

“Doc was trying to play me as a Ray Allen or a JJ Redick, all pin-downs,” George said. “I can do it, but that ain’t my game. I need some flow, I need some mixes of some pick-and-roll and post ups.”

The Big Lead pointed out some flaws in his reasoning. For one, George should have known he was going to play with a ball-dominant player in Leonard and would have to play off the ball – which in Rivers’ system means using pin-down screens. That was always bound to happen when he chose to leave Oklahoma City and join Leonard in the offseason.

Additionally, The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connell pointed out that George did in fact play a ton in the pick-and-roll – 33% of his plays, to be exact, which is far and away a career high.

What a joke. Take accountability.

Interesting trade, if it goes down.

This would be like the Lions trading Matt Stafford for Alex Smith. I am not sure what the Rockets are thinking.

This would be like the Lions trading Matt Stafford for Alex Smith. I am not sure what the Rockets are thinking.
Rebuilding.

Back
Top Bottom