• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2021

It is quite sad though pepe la pew and speedy gonzalez have been cut out.
Speedy Gonzalez? He played on the Spurs for Pop, right?

lol...I'm going back to watching the Bulls Seattle NBA finals from 1996. I'm on Game 2. It beats any game being played live today. By far.
Jordan seemed to have begun showing his age in this game, missing almost half of his free throws and lacking that explosive first step to get past a younger Hershey Hawkins. But, Rodman pulled down 11 offensive rebounds to preserve victory, and guys like Kukoc and Ron Harper stepped up to drill threes when needed.

That's not to say, Michael sucked. He still drained 28 points, dished off a bunch of awesome dimes and stole the ball a few times. Pippen did much the same.

Note: Shawn Kemp's tendency to be lazy showed up in this game too. Man, what a waste of extraordinary talent he was.

Nets, Philly and Milwaukee are all within a game and a half of each other now. It's fair to say any one of those three could win the conference.

Charlotte and NY are falling while Miami is rising. Atlanta is now tied with them for fourth. Boston seems to be lucky that no other team really has enough to overcome their own ruts, so they should be safe in the 8. Indy can't get out of its own way. And, the Bulls have gone into a tailspin.

Utah has no competition for first. They hold a healthy 3-1/2 game lead over the Suns. Denver on a five-game win streak is within a game of the Clippers. Lakers are about to fall behind Portland. Dallas seems to be the Celtics of the West. They are just good enough to keep from being overtaken by lesser teams. Speaking of those lesser teams, Spurs and Warriors are in a slide. Memphis is locking down 8th place.

Yeah, slow and slower. That is what I call Aldridge and Griffin, Slow and Slower.

Harden, Griffin and Durant out again, the Net's 25 different lineup this year. They have 2 G League guys getting lot's of minutes.
This Net's team is a story of 3 different teams. There was the pre-Hardin team which was a good team, the Harden team which was teh best in teh NBA and the post Griffin, Aldridge team who play as a .400 type team.
😥

Paul Pierce was fired from ESPN.

Last man standing wins MVP. That might be Giannis for the Threepeat, Jokic for his first or someone who probably does not deserve it.

Suns, behind Paul and Booker, beat the Jazz in o/t. Booker with 35 point; Paul 9 assists and 29 points. Both are having career years.

Winning streaks by Denver and Phoenix (7 games each, best in NBA) have helped to really tighten up the West. Suns are now within a game and a half of the Jazz while Denver slides to within a half a game of the Clippers. It's kind of amazing because all four teams are playing at least 8-2 ball over the last 10.

When is the last time 4 teams at the top of the same conference played at an 80% win rate?

In other news, Durant is back.

Last man standing wins MVP. That might be Giannis for the Threepeat, Jokic for his first or someone who probably does not deserve it.

He is gonna be out way more than ten days. It will be more like 45.

That would be into the playoffs, i think.

How is this team going to have any chemistry during the playoffs? They have all played together a total of like 5 games.

How is this team going to have any chemistry during the playoffs? They have all played together a total of like 5 games.
Agreed. I doubt talent alone can win this thing.

Agreed. I doubt talent alone can win this thing.

I agree. That said, did you see them play last night?
It was a clinic. An absolute clinic while it was the Net's 26th different starting lineup this year.

Defensively, they stopped Zion's streak of 25 games with 20 points while shooting over 50%. (he was tied with Shaq for record) He neither scored 20 nor shot 50%.
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a heavy lift for them to win the championship but there are definitely times when you think you are watching one of the greatest teams in NBA history.
Also, and I think it matters, I have never saw a team who had so much fun playing.

I agree. That said, did you see them play last night?
It was a clinic. An absolute clinic while it was the Net's 26th different starting lineup this year.

Defensively, they stopped Zion's streak of 25 games with 20 points while shooting over 50%. (he was tied with Shaq for record) He neither scored 20 nor shot 50%.
Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a heavy lift for them to win the championship but there are definitely times when you think you are watching one of the greatest teams in NBA history.
Also, and I think it matters, I have never saw a team who had so much fun playing.
Durant, Irving and Harden plus a solid cast of characters is probably the best assemblage of talent since when the Spurs added Kawhi to Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.

Question to the more knowledgeable fans here, @calamity @Bucky.

Subject, Andre Drummond.

Why did the Net's not get Drummond rather than Griffin and Aldridge?

He is a better player and he fits the Net's need better.

Any insight guys?

Did Drummond simply feel LA was a better personal and or basketball place for himself?

Question to the more knowledgeable fans here, @calamity @Bucky.

Subject, Andre Drummond.

Why did the Net's not get Drummond rather than Griffin and Aldridge?

He is a better player and he fits the Net's need better.

Any insight guys?

Did Drummond simply feel LA was a better personal and or basketball place for himself?
My guess is Andre wanted to go to LA.
...the Lakers might just be able to offer him a more featured role than the Nets, as the Marc Gasol experiment has been an unmitigated disaster.

Phoenix and Clippers in the late game tonight just getting under way.

Phoenix and Clippers in the late game tonight just getting under way.

I have it on. I was lucky, this is on TNT, league pass is not Working Tonight. To be fair, this is the first time all season that my cable company has had an issue. Better be the last. ;)

Kawhi and George combined for 60 points, giving the Clips enough of a boost to beat the more balanced scoring attack of the Suns' starting five by ten. Except for Rondo coming off the bench with 15, no other Clipper besides the two main guys scored in double figures. Suns got nothing off the bench....like less than 30 points worth of nothing.

Lakers beat the Nets by 25, in what has to be the head-scratcher of the season. Or was it?

Notably, Brooklyn played without Harden. And, Durant only played 24 minutes, but the Laker stars were out too: no Lebron, AD or Kyle Kuzma. So, I'd say, the injury situation should have favored the Nets. The game was also in Brooklyn.

The "stars" on the court didn't last either. Both Kyrie and Schroder were ejected, each getting the boot for scrapping after about 20 minutes of playing time. At the time, each player scored just under 20 points apiece. Schroder also had four assists, however, to Kyrie's none. lol...no surprise there.

The only reasonable take from this game is that Drummond is better than Aldridge. It also appears that the Laker second tier squad is much better than the rest of the Nets. Griffin scored two points, for example, while two Lakers I never heard of scored 10 each off the bench.

Last night's loss by the Nets at home allowed Philly to move back into a tie for first. Bucks in a bit of a slump are 3.5 games behind both. I can't figure Milwaukee out.

Charlotte looks like it belongs now as the Hornets keep with Atlanta in the battle for the top of the bottom tier of playoff contenders, doing well even as their new Rookie of the Year candidate sits out with a broken wrist. The Heat is still in the mix, as well, remaining within 1/2 of a game of ATL and the Hornets. And, don't look now, but, Boston is only a game behind pack battling for the fourth spot.

The four top teams in the West are all still playing at a crazy pace. Utah, Phoenix and the Clippers are 8-2, while Denver is 9-1 over the past ten games. With only five games separating the four teams, anything can happen, and likely will.

Down goes Wiseman.

With LaMelo Ball already out for the year, that's 2 of the 3 top draft picks in 2020 who will not finish the season. Will ROTY fall to Anthony Edwards?

Back
Top Bottom