• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA 2021-22

Chris Paul scored 7 of his 10 points in game seven in the fourth quarter against back ups. He had a -39 +/-.

I told you all he was a choke. Then he happened to have a great game right after. Everybody got on me about that. Then he proceeded to suck 5 games in a row.

I don't usually toot my own horn but I was spot on again.

Chris Paul scored 7 of his 10 points in game seven in the fourth quarter against back ups. He had a -39 +/-.

I told you all he was a choke. Then he happened to have a great game right after. Everybody got on me about that. Then he proceeded to suck 5 games in a row.

I don't usually toot my own horn but I was spot on again.
pathetic diatribe

Watch Doncic initiate contact,
especially pushing off with his left arm.

Mavs are cold from 3, if they don't start making them they have lost this game

Golden State vs Miami in the finals should be pretty exciting.

Golden State vs Miami in the finals should be pretty exciting.
Miami in the finals?

Could be but I would not bet on it.

Of the 4 teams left id bet boston to win it all as of today.

Miami in the finals?

Could be but I would not bet on it.

Of the 4 teams left id bet boston to win it all as of today.
I’m gonna go with Golden State. They have it all. They are motivated to get back on top after the reboot.

I’m gonna go with Golden State. They have it all. They are motivated to get back on top after the reboot.
All teams are motivated if Kyrie and Harden are not on them. 😉

Boston has the best D in basketball and its not close.

I'm thinking Warriors by 12 tonight. It'll never be close. Why I don't put money on these games I'll never know.

The refs are trying hard to give the Mavs the win. This game is absolutely fixed. The warriors were either paid off too lose or copied the Suns game seven game plan.

Watching the Mavs and GS game.
Since it's been in the news, I'm paying attention to the Dallas bench.
The Mavs bench personnel really are within inches of the court....always.
Big difference between GS bench and Mav bench.
Their bench crowding the court doesn't seem to be helping the Mavs, though.
I wonder if the fans who pay premium prices for their courtside seats are happy with their view being blocked?
Go Warriors.

Golden State is gonna be well rested for the Heat.

I’ll be rooting against Doncic for the rest of his career. His flop against Wiggins on the dunk was weak. He cries foul every time he makes a shot. He tries to puff up like he’s a tough guy even though he’s a pudgy little punk. He’s the biggest tool in the NBA.

Watching the Mavs and GS game.
Since it's been in the news, I'm paying attention to the Dallas bench.
The Mavs bench personnel really are within inches of the court....always.
Big difference between GS bench and Mav bench.
Their bench crowding the court doesn't seem to be helping the Mavs, though.
I wonder if the fans who pay premium prices for their courtside seats are happy with their view being blocked?
Go Warriors.
Curry is an RA prop machine.
Rebounds and Assists.

We need to start giving the Warriors their due.

One of the greatest dynasties in NBA history. Better than the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics.

We need to start giving the Warriors their due.

One of the greatest dynasties in NBA history. Better than the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics.

The Celtics won 10 in 12 years, the Bulls won 6 in 8 years, lakers had 5 in 6 years and 5 in 8 years.

The Warriors have 3 in 8 years.

The Warriors couldn't even win a game against any of those teams

The Celtics won 10 in 12 years, the Bulls won 6 in 8 years, lakers had 5 in 6 years and 5 in 8 years.

I can't really comment on the Celtics dynasty, but that was an entirely different era. I can comment on the Lakers and Bulls.

It pains me to say this as a Lakers fan, but I really doubt any of the championship teams they've had since 1980 could beat peak Warriors 2016-17 & 2018-19, for the simple reason that the Warriors during that stretch were so good at spreading out and score from so many different points on the floor. The Lakers from 1980-88 were a fun team to watch, but they were playing in an era of one-on-one, half-court basketball. If they were playing by today's rules - which I think are the correct and more natural way to play - they'd lose. Kareem Abdul Jabbar in particular would have been a defensive liability in a full-court, wide-open game.

I think the same is true of Shaq-led Lakers of 2000-2003. Although O'Neal was deceptively fast for a big guy, the Warriors at full strength would have worn him out - they would have had too many weapons. The Lakers of 2008-9 might have made it more interesting as they were built to run up the floor more than the earlier teams were. I still think the Warriors were just a little bit better than those Lakers.

The Bulls, IMO, would have had the best chance of any team I've watched over the last 30-35 years. That's because Jordan and Pippen were great athletes not only on offense but on defense. They would have scored points, and they also would have challenged the Warriors' perimeter shooting and ball distribution with steals. They would have had to distribute the ball more -Jordan or Pippen wouldn't be getting 30-40 points per game. But I think the Bulls from 1996-98 had the supporting cast to do that. They also had an exceptional rebounder and low-post defender in Rodman, who would have really frustrated a guy like Durant. Hard to say who'd win that hypothetical contest. Would probably go to a 7th game but I'd give the edge to Jordan's Bulls.

Man, you can just sense it: Golden State is struggling to stay in this series. They need big shots just to keep pace with Boston, but the Celtics are just moving the ball to the rim and out to the perimeter with a lot more ease than GS.

I was wrong about Boston: they are far better than I thought.

Man, you can just sense it: Golden State is struggling to stay in this series. They need big shots just to keep pace with Boston, but the Celtics are just moving the ball to the rim and out to the perimeter with a lot more ease than GS.

I was wrong about Boston too... but I am not sure that they are so great as it is that Golden State does not have a big to box out WilliamsX2 and crew. Man, they get so many crucial second and third shots at the right moments as well.

Gotta throw out the 60's and even the first half of the 70's. Until the NBA / ABA merger there were no teams that could compete with 80's and on teams... Could you imagine these teams of today trying to stop the 86 Celtics with Bird/McHale/Walton? Or anybody stopping the Fast Break Lakers or any Jordan team? Shaq/Kobe would eat all of these guys alive with todays rules... Shaq would probably average 50. LeBron would not be LeBron in the 90's against the Knicks, Bulls or Pacers no lay-up rules and muggings every time somebody went to the hole. Curry would probably still be great because he is a freak.

Gotta throw out the 60's and even the first half of the 70's. Until the NBA / ABA merger there were no teams that could compete with 80's and on teams... Could you imagine these teams of today trying to stop the 86 Celtics with Bird/McHale/Walton? Or anybody stopping the Fast Break Lakers or any Jordan team? Shaq/Kobe would eat all of these guys alive with todays rules... Shaq would probably average 50. LeBron would not be LeBron in the 90's against the Knicks, Bulls or Pacers no lay-up rules and muggings every time somebody went to the hole. Curry would probably still be great because he is a freak.

I think today's game is more challenging than the game of the 1980s and 90s, which basically prohibited the kinds of zone and double team defense you see now. The three is also much more of a thing now, which forces players to cover more space on the floor. You don't see the really tall, big, slow centers that you saw back in the day for that reason - they're a defensive liability. I think Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal were so unusually good that they would have been good players anyway but they would have been limited.

But the Bulls were different, particularly the Bulls of 1996-98 with Kukoc at center. They also had a lot of other moving parts on the bench that would have enabled them to keep up with a team like the Warriors of today, and both Pippen and Jordan were very tough defenders.

They are far better than anyone thought.
Now the Nets getting bounced in the first round makes sense.
Boston flew under the radar for only one reason, they don't have a stable of established big names and they did not become this team we see today until January.

Last edited:
They are far better than anyone thought.
Now the Nets getting bounced in the first round makes sense.
Boston flew under the radar for only on reason, they don't have a stable od established big names and they did not become this team we see today until January.

Boston lost last night b/c the missed some big outside shots and GS was clutch in that department down the stretch. They could have easily gone up 3-1. But props to the Warriors - hearts of a champion

I think today's game is more challenging than the game of the 1980s and 90s, which basically prohibited the kinds of zone and double team defense you see now. The three is also much more of a thing now, which forces players to cover more space on the floor. You don't see the really tall, big, slow centers that you saw back in the day for that reason - they're a defensive liability. I think Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal were so unusually good that they would have been good players anyway but they would have been limited.

But the Bulls were different, particularly the Bulls of 1996-98 with Kukoc at center. They also had a lot of other moving parts on the bench that would have enabled them to keep up with a team like the Warriors of today, and both Pippen and Jordan were very tough defenders.
Shaq might be a bit of a liability on Defense but he would be unstoppable on Offense... Just because everybody is running 5 three point shooters does not mean that 4 and Shaq would not be better. People also seem to forget Ron Harper on those defensive Bulls teams. Another lanky great defender... and Rodman.

Back
Top Bottom